PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Fans: favour to ask

dahamsta
23/08/2006, 6:18 PM
I need a little help with a project, but I know ye like to keep the dirty little secret (that ye follow the Premiership) to yourselves, so could you PM me if you'd be willing to give me a few minutes of your time over the next few days?

Thanks,
adam

dahamsta
28/08/2006, 9:37 PM
Thanks to those of you that PM'd and followed through on my request.

For the record, I was asking people to sign up on a site myself and a couple of mates set up, for Premiership discussion. The instigator, who shall remain nameless, was of the opinion that it would fill a hole left by the demolition of the BBC club forums, so I wanted a few people to kick things off in there -- empty forums tends to stay empty.

The lads from the BBC forums came, saw, and buggered off, however the few people that stayed and the few from Foot.ie seem to be chatting away, so I said I'd mention it here in case it would appeal to anyone else. As I said to the lads in my PM's, I don't know if it'll take off in any way, but sure it won't do any harm either way.

Whether you're interested in chatting about the Premiership somewhere else or not, I would appreciate your feedback on the layout and design, and as ever I'm open to suggestions that would or could make things better.

http://www.talk-balls.co.uk/

adam

gustavo
29/08/2006, 1:22 AM
In the last post column I would want to see who it was that posted that post alá foot.ie

DmanDmythDledge
29/08/2006, 1:42 AM
Threads still appear in the new posts even if you have read them and when you post yourself it comes up as a new post.

dahamsta
29/08/2006, 9:39 AM
In the last post column I would want to see who it was that posted that post alá foot.ieI removed that because it was screing up the look of the site. I'll leave it as is for now, but if more people point it out I'll switch it back, ta.

Threads still appear in the new posts even if you have read them and when you post yourself it comes up as a new post.Hmmmm. I think that might be a cookies problem. Ta, I'll look into it.

adam

John83
29/08/2006, 11:14 AM
Is this the latest addition to the Dahamsta empire? You bidding for Xtratime next? :P

Interesting project, though it's tough to get that sort of thing off the ground.

dahamsta
29/08/2006, 11:29 AM
Is this the latest addition to the Dahamsta empire? You bidding for Xtratime next? :PAbsolutely! :D

Nah, I have an open offer out there to provide the technology, hosting and support for any project people dream up (in exchange for a shareholding, obviously), and someone took me up on it. You're right though, it'll be a tricky one. All the high-traffic ideas are, it's really down to the marketing guy to get the idea out there without either a) becoming a spamming muppet; or b) working 24/7. Which is why I don't do marketing. ;)

Obviously I'm making an exception here!

adam

The Legend
30/08/2006, 10:10 PM
I have edited my signature to give you a hand Adam.... (if anyone reads my posts anyway) :D

DmanDmythDledge
08/10/2006, 12:25 AM
Bump!!!

osarusan
08/10/2006, 3:44 PM
Is there a "Complain about this post" option?

This seemed to be the main reason the BBC changed theirs-they couldnt cope with the piles of crap to be sorted into posts fit or not fit for viewing.

DmanDmythDledge
08/10/2006, 3:49 PM
Is there a "Complain about this post" option?
There is.

dahamsta
08/10/2006, 8:12 PM
Am I missing something? What's not fit for viewing?

osarusan
11/10/2006, 4:19 PM
Nothing, but if and when the ex-bbc forum goons get on, there will be plenty.

The Legend
12/10/2006, 6:01 PM
Don't worry, thats not going to happen.