PDA

View Full Version : Damo

looping
22/08/2006, 7:49 PM
I d just like to let the people react to my situation for the once.i usually don t like to talk about me here but here is the facts......

the FAI won t let me play in ireland until next year ! why ? because i took a break with professionnal soccer in switzerland and after 4 months out of contract with any clubs whatsoever i m not allowed to play with COBH RAMBLERS coz out of the transfert window its not permited to sign an amateur.

so i d like to know :

why in the first place i did it in april 2004 with galway in the exact same situation!??

why cork city could did the same with their american fellow signed in the same situation recently out of the transfert window after a spell in america and let him play now in ireland ??

i make a living on soccer , last time i left ireland to leave ucd in december i was professionnal six months later i m not??!!

and finally do you feel right that an amateur who s supposed to be less good than a professionnal can t sign even out of contract??

if you have an opinion not only for my situation but for debate?

THANKS DAMO :confused:

nismo
22/08/2006, 10:26 PM
FAI are *******..get the club to fight it!

Comic Book Guy
22/08/2006, 11:35 PM
Damo you have my sympathy, remember you are dealing with a bunch of morons who say they 'care' about football in this country.
Perhaps their ruling on this goes against EU laws about the free movement of goods and people?
Either way I hope the club will fight this for you.

Bald Student
23/08/2006, 12:13 AM
You con't come back? That's stupid, we need more gallic flare in this league.

connemara
23/08/2006, 7:24 AM
Résultat des courses ? Tu vas faire comment ?

Dj Duffer
23/08/2006, 8:49 AM
Well if city are allowed to sign that fella shevlin, then why cant we sign damo? Can anyone give a reason for this?!!

gufct
23/08/2006, 8:59 AM
was playing Colleges football in the states as far as i know.We were interested in him but Conor Gethins seemed a better option.Sorry to hear of your problems damo.

Dj Duffer
23/08/2006, 9:08 AM
Damo says it is not permitted to sign an amateur outside the transfer window.. So how does that make shevlin any different?

Risteard
23/08/2006, 10:43 AM
Damo says it is not permitted to sign an amateur outside the transfer window.. So how does that make shevlin any different?

Guess.

Sympathies Damien.
A bunch of eejits, they are.

Could you not just sign a "full-time professional" contract with the original terms?

looping
23/08/2006, 2:08 PM
if i understand well the cork fellow has played in the states but he didn t sign a contract wish doesn t change the fact he played as an amateur and is back to professionnel and is allowed by the FAI to play as for me i took a break in swizterland as an amateur but i did sign a contract so it s the same situation with a signature in plus but still the same situation...

sign a full time professionnal contract or part time....well i think it doesn t make any difference coz the real problem is i can t play as a professionel in ireland till next year at the moment whis is ridiculous because i m out of contract and left UCD as a professionnel 6 months ago

et connemara je vais surement rentrer en france ou en suisse d ici 15 jours des que je suis sur que je n ai aucune chance de jouer ici

finally we do all we can to prove that i m a professional in ireland and the staff of cobh do as much as they can to help me

as special thank you for "my friend" MICHAEL HAYES who cause me all this real trouble for nothing!

The Rebel Ram
23/08/2006, 2:12 PM
:mad: How in the name of God can the FAI be so retarded?
What difference can it possibly make?
After reading all the posts about you and the skills you have I couldn't wait to see you play.
You are quality player coming in to play quality football in a league that badly needs attendances to increase.
Is it that the FAI are worried that Rams might win the 1st div and they would have to promote them to their 'Super League' when they don't really want to?
They bamboozal the **** out of me!!!!!!
*******s!:mad:

John83
23/08/2006, 2:24 PM
:mad: How in the name of God can the FAI be so retarded?
It seems to be a gift.

Aberdonian Stu
23/08/2006, 2:45 PM
This league needs more players like Damien Dupuy. Utterly ridiculous that you aren't allowed to sign.

DmanDmythDledge
23/08/2006, 2:47 PM
My comiserations go out to you Damo and I'm sure everyone will help you sort out the mess.

connemara
23/08/2006, 3:11 PM
Alors Damo, penses-tu que ça peut s'arranger ou pas ? Ce serait bête de rentrer en France...

The Rebel Ram
24/08/2006, 8:15 PM
Any sign of the club making a challenge??????:confused:

Rambler1
24/08/2006, 8:37 PM
Sorry to hear that Damo. Hope the Club fight this all the way for both you and us.Im sure if its put to the FAI in a different Way they might see it differently also. After all John Delaney and Genesis are sure to want the league profile to get higher with players like yourself in it.....

looping
24/08/2006, 9:56 PM
thanks anyway lads for your answers....

Poor Student
24/08/2006, 11:07 PM
Could Damo play for a Munster Senior or Leinster Senior league side until the start of the new season and then hop into Cobh? Or would he be ineligible?

John83
25/08/2006, 1:04 PM
Could Damo play for a Munster Senior or Leinster Senior league side until the start of the new season and then hop into Cobh? Or would he be ineligible?
Actually, Damo, if you're free, we're putting together a five a side team for a competition in Dublin, starting in October. You might make the cut. ;)