PDA

View Full Version : the ref = a cabbage?? quotes from posts on eircomleague.net

RamblersWeb
05/08/2002, 12:38 PM
from LFc in Exile

A great win for Limerick and a deserved one I think. The referee ruined the game completely though. He lost the plot. The first two sendings off came after a bit of a scuffle and in fairness I think it was the linesman who led to the sendings off. A player from each side was sent off but I think he could have just calmed things down without showing red, still it wasn’t the worst refereeing in the world. The second two sendings off were up there for that award. He showed straight reds for both though I think both were on previous yellows. Both tackles were hardly even yellow cards. I don’t know where they got this guy and I always try to be fair to refs because it is such a tough job but this guy was a joke.
The players didn’t make things easy because there was a lot of moaning going on. Dave Hill was unbelievable. Really the ref could have sent him off just for being so annoying. And this moaning started at the kick-off. Still, the players can’t be blamed if the ref is that bad.

from Ramblers fan

The game was not that dirty. The referee was completely incompetent. The first two sendings off were for a brawl. He got those right. The remaining two were as a result of him handing out yellow cards early on for trivial matters,nearly all to Ramblers players.
This same referee,Clyde Casey,in a corresponding game in Cobh last season sent off 1 Cobh player and booked 6,in the return game he booked another 6 Cobh players.
This guy has it in for us.
By the way Limerick deserved to win but please,please I don't want to see that cabbage of a ref back in Cobh again.

anyone else got an opinion? we're gonna be hammered with suspensions... hopefully it won't be for the cup game!

joe
05/08/2002, 2:57 PM
he was definitely the most whistle-happy ref i've seen this season and never really had control of the game