PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League Weekly

Pages : [1] 2

roversforever
22/08/2006, 10:13 AM
this programme is a fcukin disgrace.the bias towards the dublin teams is disgusting.last night i waited up especially to see the rovers,even though i had to be up early for work the next morning.they didn't even show the rovers goals.they discussed the game for about 30seconds and that was it.they also didn't show drogs v waterford but somehow managed to squeez in all of the dublin teams.to rub salt in the wounds they then showed shamrock rovers,a 1st division team,instead of rovers or drogheda.why....because they're from dublin.anybody see a trend developing here.at the end then they decided to discuss the upcoming cup action.what did they discuss?the dublin derbies,not even a mention to the rovers v bray.its not the first time this has happened either.am i the only one p**sed off about this?

Rory H
22/08/2006, 10:26 AM
the dude with the camera wasnt there....maybe friday nights dont suit him......

gustavo
22/08/2006, 10:33 AM
wasnt Cork City - Derry City the first game shown?!
We usually get our highlights shown even did last year when we were in the 1st , it was probably more due to the lack of a camera at the game.

Royal rover
22/08/2006, 10:47 AM
Agree totally, the dublin clubs always got more coverage and analysis on EL weekly ,does anyone know why TG4 have stopped showing live games , i thought the were going to continue this.

sligoman
22/08/2006, 11:05 AM
Not all the Dublin clubs were shown, Bray? Drogheda? They were both left out:p :D.

Redzer
22/08/2006, 11:11 AM
Am I the only one, or are the comments about Rovers on this programme so repetitive? Week in, week out we hear the same old remarks “ Sligo Rovers are the surprise of the league this season” or “The best team to come up from the 1st Division for years” etc etc. Again last night, this was the comment.
No word on who scored the goals, it could be Martians who landed in the Showgrounds and donned the red & white jerseys. It’s very easy to comment on the likes of Molloy, Byrne or Crowe, they have been around for years. But they haven’t a clue about us. Darren Mansaram is probably the best newcomer striker in the league. Harpel Singh did a Giggs down the left wing, and his left footed strike was deflected to the back of the net. But, did they get a mention? No.
We are now almost 2/3 ways through the season. The surprise element is well and truly over Lads. We are where we are, on merit and results.

hoops1
22/08/2006, 11:11 AM
Longford,Kilkenny,Athlone,Derry,Cork all featured

ciaraa
22/08/2006, 11:20 AM
Longford,Kilkenny,Athlone,Derry,Cork all featured

cork and derry was only shown as its the champions versus the in form team / possible champions elect. we all know why longford/kk/athlone featured... Not showing drogheda who are now 3rd was pretty poor. same for sligo who are on a good run at the mo. both pundits are dubs also who are currently actuvely involved in dublin clubs. the dublin bias in media (not just tv3) is definitely worth mentioning as it is beyond a joke now.

hoops1
22/08/2006, 11:32 AM
They showed 5 Country sides 2 first Divison Matches
A contraversal Dublin Derby
You are not going to keep everyone happy
Saying you were not shown because your not from Dublin is rubbish

ciaraa
22/08/2006, 11:41 AM
They showed 5 Country sides 2 first Divison Matches
A contraversal Dublin Derby
You are not going to keep everyone happy
Saying you were not shown because your not from Dublin is rubbish

But do you not think its strange to show footage from TWO shamrock rovers matches in the first division while the teams at positions 3 and 5 respectively in the Premier dont get shown? Its probably easier/cheaper for TV3 to do this as they dont have to travel outside of dublin to film but its still really really poor coverage. And then hardly even a mention of the teams invloved whereas they spend ages talking about shels/bohs/pats etc.
There is a massive dublin bias in the media probably centred around the fact that a lot of the supposed 'big' teams are from there. This might have been true some years ago but now (apart from shels) its the country teams that are beginning to become succesful and this should be reflected in the media.

NY Hoop
22/08/2006, 11:54 AM
But do you not think its strange to show footage from TWO shamrock rovers matches in the first division while the teams at positions 3 and 5 respectively in the Premier dont get shown? Its probably easier/cheaper for TV3 to do this as they dont have to travel outside of dublin to film but its still really really poor coverage. And then hardly even a mention of the teams invloved whereas they spend ages talking about shels/bohs/pats etc.
There is a massive dublin bias in the media probably centred around the fact that a lot of the supposed 'big' teams are from there. This might have been true some years ago but now (apart from shels) its the country teams that are beginning to become succesful and this should be reflected in the media.

Firstly the Rovers fans tape all our home games and give them to TV3. That is we make an effort to do this. If sligo are serious about this do something about it. Tape the games and give the tapes to TV3.

Secondly there are proper gantries in the 4 Dublin grounds i.e. facing the main stand. There is no gantry in sligo or waterford so in actual fact you are better off not showing these games as they look dreadful because the camera is in the wrong area.

Unfortunately for sligo fans it doesnt look like the club listens to them. Example being their recent decision to switch the home games to fridays. Saying that the camera guy didnt turn up is complete amateurism so how can you say that TV3 are ignoring you then?!!

I have to laugh at the supposed Dublin bias in the media! The only bias the media has is for the premier****. It is obviously easier for TV3 to employ Scully, Osam and Mulligan as pundits because they live in the capital.

Out of curiosity was there a camera in Waterford? If there was the footage can be put up on youtube.

Lastly TG4 are showing the big Cup game this friday live. And here is their upcoming schedule:

SACAR BEO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Live on TG4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25/08/2006 FAI Cup - Second Round
01/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 23
08/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 24
15/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 25
22/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 26
29/09/2006 FAI Cup - Quater Final
30/09/2006 FAI Cup - Quarter Final
06/10/2006 Eircom League - Series # 27
13/10/2006 Eircom League - Series # 28
20/10/2006 Eircom League - Series # 29

KOH

hoops1
22/08/2006, 12:02 PM
Dead right its cheaper thats the main reason
But Athlone and KK havent been on the TV at all this season
and its probably the only time they will and all they got was
30 seconds each.
I think TV3 genuinely try to cover as many teams as poosible
but financial restrictions mean they are going to show Country team
when they play in Dublin therefore pleasing both
They need to cut a small bit of the heres the goal again chat and show
a small bit more of games but its not that bad

Rory H
22/08/2006, 12:31 PM
Firstly the Rovers fans tape all our home games and give them to TV3. That is we make an effort to do this. If sligo are serious about this do something about it. Tape the games and give the tapes to TV3.

Secondly there are proper gantries in the 4 Dublin grounds i.e. facing the main stand. There is no gantry in sligo or waterford so in actual fact you are better off not showing these games as they look dreadful because the camera is in the wrong area.

Unfortunately for sligo fans it doesnt look like the club listens to them. Example being their recent decision to switch the home games to fridays. Saying that the camera guy didnt turn up is complete amateurism so how can you say that TV3 are ignoring you then?!!

I have to laugh at the supposed Dublin bias in the media! The only bias the media has is for the premier****. It is obviously easier for TV3 to employ Scully, Osam and Mulligan as pundits because they live in the capital.

Out of curiosity was there a camera in Waterford? If there was the footage can be put up on youtube.

Lastly TG4 are showing the big Cup game this friday live. And here is their upcoming schedule:

SACAR BEO
Date Live on TG4

25/08/2006 FAI Cup - Second Round
01/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 23
08/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 24
15/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 25
22/09/2006 Eircom League - Series # 26
29/09/2006 FAI Cup - Quater Final
30/09/2006 FAI Cup - Quarter Final
06/10/2006 Eircom League - Series # 27
13/10/2006 Eircom League - Series # 28
20/10/2006 Eircom League - Series # 29

KOH

we do send our highlights to tv3...the only first division club to do so last season

our home games have been on almost every week for 18 months!it must be cos of friday nights the dude with the camera cant come...id say he will be there next week

feo123
22/08/2006, 12:32 PM
if they stopped talkin all the s**t they always do about some of the games they wud have more time to show all the premier league games! in fairness...they never have a bad word to say about us but they never change what they say either! 'sean connor is a very good manager, they have a great set up in sligo, there all full-time'....thats all they eva say! and the award for the most boring, dryest ever pundit must go to paul osam....someone shud give him a big electric shock to livin him up!! he's so dull!!

NY Hoop
22/08/2006, 12:56 PM
!it must be cos of friday nights the dude with the camera cant come...id say he will be there next week

Says it all really.

KOH

Rory H
22/08/2006, 1:07 PM
Says it all really.

KOH

or maybe he is on holiday..who knows.if you want to call us amateurish.... well we cant here you all the way down in the first division so go back to your own forum

pineapple stu
22/08/2006, 1:17 PM
somehow managed to squeeze in all of the Dublin teams.
We weren't on.

NY Hoop
22/08/2006, 1:18 PM
or maybe he is on holiday..who knows.if you want to call us amateurish.... well we cant here you all the way down in the first division so go back to your own forum

Oh you'll hear us soon. Only down here to win the only trophy we have missed out on.

Wild idea how about getting someone else to tape the games?:eek:

KOH

DmanDmythDledge
22/08/2006, 1:51 PM

There are 5 grounds in Dublin.

soccerc
22/08/2006, 2:13 PM
There are 5 grounds in Dublin.

Where?

hoops1
22/08/2006, 2:17 PM
Richmond,Belfield,Tolka,Dalymount,Santry

soccerc
22/08/2006, 2:24 PM
Richmond,Belfield,Tolka,Dalymount,Santry

Santry is not a current eL Ground.

kkontour
22/08/2006, 3:51 PM
if they stopped talkin all the s**t they always do about some of the games they wud have more time to show all the premier league games!.....
Agreed,
they would be better off showing extended highllights and goals of all the mathces and get rid of the studio "experts". Would be cheaper not having to pay the lads..... but not much:D
I hate having to listen to Paul Osam.

ciaraa
22/08/2006, 4:10 PM
Agreed,
they would be better off showing extended highllights and goals of all the mathces and get rid of the studio "experts". Would be cheaper not having to pay the lads..... but not much:D
I hate having to listen to Paul Osam.

i actually think osam isnt the worst - seems to know what he's on about most of the time. miles better then scully who is right out of the ray houghton school of punditry...

Rovers1
22/08/2006, 9:21 PM
the dude with the camera wasnt there....maybe friday nights dont suit him......

he was,he was just in a different position

Rovers1
22/08/2006, 9:22 PM
miles better then scully who is right out of the ray houghton school of punditry...

ah he loves us though! :p :D

feo123
22/08/2006, 9:54 PM
he does have a soft spot for us hasnt he, everyone does.....deep down everyone does!!!!

kkontour
24/08/2006, 9:29 AM
i actually think osam isnt the worst - seems to know what he's on about most of the time. miles better then scully who is right out of the ray houghton school of punditry...
Now dont get me wrong, both are crap, but I prefer Pat Scully. Paul Osam just repeats what Trevor Welsh asks him. He doesnt elaborate on any of his opinions, cause he cant. I know TV3 are probably on a tight budget and at it is the only regular Eicom League coverage, but if they just showed match highlights and cut the crap I would be happier. Maybe some people like the punditry, not me.

SligoBrewer
24/08/2006, 11:45 AM
its pure crap!

was really p155ed off with the 'discussion' on the rovers games!!

paul osams vocabulary on rovers is

'sean connor , good young manager'
'very good team'
'suprise package'
'young lads'

paul get a proper job!
something your actually good at!

Rory H
24/08/2006, 12:00 PM
its pure crap!

was really p155ed off with the 'discussion' on the rovers games!!

paul osams vocabulary on rovers is

'sean connor , good young manager'
'very good team'
'suprise package'
'young lads'

paul get a proper job!
something your actually good at!

in his spare time he cures insomnia.....

SligoBrewer
24/08/2006, 12:01 PM
gud 1

gustavo
24/08/2006, 12:16 PM
There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about.

SligoBrewer
24/08/2006, 12:18 PM
in firness its the same dribble every week

gustavo
24/08/2006, 3:01 PM
well they dont get to the matches i dont really know what else they can say about us.

SligoBrewer
28/08/2006, 5:56 PM
there's 6 premier matches a week & 2 pundits

if each pundit watched the tapes of 3 different matches before monday night then they'd be able 2 at least give a proper opinion on a match not a generalization of a team

DmanDmythDledge
28/08/2006, 6:13 PM
there's 6 premier matches a week & 2 pundits

if each pundit watched the tapes of 3 different matches before monday night then they'd be able 2 at least give a proper opinion on a match not a generalization of a team
Agree that that's a good idea but it's even easier because there's only 5 matches now! I think the problem seems to be that most teams don't have cameras at their games and TV3 only use their own cameras if it's one of the big teams playing.

Also Pat Scully was at the UCD-Bohs match and who do you they think they asked for an opinion? Paul Osam:rolleyes:

SligoBrewer
28/08/2006, 6:21 PM
how much is it 4 a decent camera or 2 hire a cameraman??

would it not be a great investment as it would entice more people 2 watch football in the flesh if they are playing a good entertaining type of football

red bellied
28/08/2006, 6:24 PM
Was there a camera at the cup game at the weekend?

SligoBrewer
28/08/2006, 6:37 PM
I don't know...
Was away for the weekend.

Q: Why is ELW on a 11 sometimes 12 o' clock at night?
I thought they were supposed to be showcasing Eircom League football...

It's hardly going 2 be advertised very well when everyone is in bed.

Whats wrong with having it earlier?

Red&White Rover
28/08/2006, 8:25 PM
I don't know...
Was away for the weekend.

Q: Why is ELW on a 11 sometimes 12 o' clock at night?
I thought they were supposed to be showcasing Eircom League football...

It's hardly going 2 be advertised very well when everyone is in bed.

Whats wrong with having it earlier?

because, it is not a very high rating show, therefore it makes no sense, to have it at primetime hours!:rolleyes:

the world does not revolve around you or eircom league fans, as hard as it is to believe.

DmanDmythDledge
28/08/2006, 8:26 PM
because, it is not a very high rating show,
But the time is one of the reasons the ratings are so low.

Red&White Rover
28/08/2006, 8:49 PM
But the time is one of the reasons the ratings are so low.

well let me put it this way, if you were in charge of the programme schedule for TV 3, would you put Coronation street back an hour, to show highlights of Longford vs. Waterford?

fact is even if it was on earlier it wouldnt have a high enough audience pull.

pineapple stu
28/08/2006, 9:18 PM
Not entirely sure about that. When RTÉ did the show and had it on at 7:00 on a Sunday, it pulled in more viewers than The Premiership. So there is a market for it.

The late time does hit the viewership, but it's unlikely to be the biggest-rated show of all time. Somewhere in between lies the truth, alongside the fact that it's a joke of an effort by TV3 and I'll be glad to see it go when it does.

SligoBrewer
28/08/2006, 9:27 PM
hear hear..

btw..what happened to The Offside Show?

Rovers1
28/08/2006, 9:40 PM
btw..what happened to The Offside Show?

it was on TV3..nuff said.

it was decent though,it had one big piece on Rovers and their 'foriegn influence'...the presenter was a tool though!

pineapple stu
28/08/2006, 9:41 PM
It was on RTÉ, wasn't it?

nshoop
28/08/2006, 9:43 PM
Was that not The Soccer Show?

Rovers1
28/08/2006, 9:47 PM
It was on RTÉ, wasn't it?

the major irish broadcaster to cover the Irish football league,yeah(!)....:rolleyes:

no,im pretty sure it was TV3

pineapple stu
28/08/2006, 9:49 PM
Ah...what was the Offside Show then? Don't remember that at all.

Rovers1
28/08/2006, 9:52 PM
Ah...what was the Offside Show then? Don't remember that at all.

an irish version of soccer am....sez it all :o