PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Stuttgart by train

Richer
22/08/2006, 9:43 AM
There's 8 of us heading to the game next week. We're landing in Brussels and we are then either getting the train or hiring a couple of cars. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the travelling by train in europe. Prices, websites?

Cheers.

Kingdom
22/08/2006, 7:31 PM
There's three of us on the first flight to Brussels on the Friday. I checked with Irish Rail about getting tickets, but I was advised to buy them over there. I was given the De Bahn number in London and they could advise on prices, I'll post it up later in the week.
There are a few trains going from Brussels(midi) to Stuttgart that morning so there will be no hassle arriving late. I think its about 5 hours to Stuttgart (no worse than goign to Tralee with Irish Rail! )

Littlest Hobo
23/08/2006, 10:49 PM
Flying into Frankfurt from heathrow friday mornin and catchin the thomas tank engine to Stuttgart, arriving about half two.

Junior
24/08/2006, 1:24 PM
I think a group = 6 and it will get you a significant saving. It might even be worth getting it rather than 3 individual tickets, you might meet fellow fans at the station to sell the spares to.

Richer
24/08/2006, 3:49 PM
Just been on to de Bahn office in London. Working out a €145 a head brussels to Stuttgart return if we book 6 or more tickets. Thats a bit pricey. Anyone get any cheaper quotes?

RogerMilla
24/08/2006, 4:10 PM
richer what about ryanair to hahn or baden baden ?

Richer
24/08/2006, 4:42 PM
I had a look at them, working out around €300 for flight.Have car booked for €120 between 4. Whole trip costing around €250 including ticket. Was just wondering about train so I could have a kip on route.

dmck75
25/08/2006, 10:06 AM
Richer,

Myself and 3 others are doin the same, flyin into Brussels and driving up. According to internet route planners it looks like about a 6hr drive, although internet route planners are notoriously dodgy.

If you do decide in the end to get the train, a bloke in the my job who was over for the world cup said you better off bookin the trains when you get there (although he was only in Germany so cant speak for Brussels) remember also if your bookin a train that you can change your booking and get a refund as long as you haven’t booked a seat on a train, i.e. only a ticket.

Driving should be a laugh, especially the drive back to Brussels!!