PDA

View Full Version : Montenegrin League

CollegeTillIDie
21/08/2006, 3:38 PM
The 2006/07 season sees a new Nation start up a League... Montenegro.
My question is this ... why is RSSSF the only place you can find out information on this League? Does anybody know any other sites?

I have been unable to find one for the Montenegro Football Association, which broke away from the Serbian one in June .

4tothefloor
22/08/2006, 11:05 PM
Why in the name of Jesus would you WANT to know anything about the Montenegrin league?! :confused: :D

CollegeTillIDie
23/08/2006, 6:19 PM
Why in the name of Jesus would you WANT to know anything about the Montenegrin league?! :confused: :D

Why not? Not everyone is as insular as a GAA fan you know,:D nor obsessed with what takes place on the next island. Has it occurred to you that our League winners this season or Cup Winners may get drawn against someone from there in Europe in 2007?

4tothefloor
23/08/2006, 8:18 PM
Has it occurred to you that our League winners this season or Cup Winners may get drawn against someone from there in Europe in 2007?
Yeah.........and? :D

mypost
24/08/2006, 2:10 AM
Why don't you go all the way and include the Albanian league, the Macedonian championship, and the Moldovan Premiership too?? :confused:

Never mind, how many of them over there will be watching Rovers-Bohs on the net this week? :D Roughly the same amount, that we here care about the delights of the Montenegrin league.

Dodge
24/08/2006, 2:56 AM
http://www.fscg.cg.yu/en/ - Official site

CollegeTillIDie
24/08/2006, 9:51 PM
Dodge

Thanks for the link.
Mypost all the Leagues you mentioned are accessible via www.uefa.com
at present Montenegro are not yet members of UEFA. Hence my question.
The UCD program used to do features on other Leagues, to which I was an occasional contributor.

eirebhoy
24/08/2006, 10:09 PM
This is a good site for up to date league tables:
http://www.soccerway.com/

Poor Student
24/08/2006, 11:28 PM
Never mind, how many of them over there will be watching Rovers-Bohs on the net this week? :D Roughly the same amount, that we here care about the delights of the Montenegrin league.

There's a Montenegrin registered at this board who comes to check eL results often.

Closed Account 2
24/08/2006, 11:37 PM
You know there was a Serbian or Montenegran involved over 3/4rs of the UEFA Cup matches tonight...

Lim till i die
25/08/2006, 4:47 PM
Would any of the yeams in the breakaway league have been any good in the old championship or will it be pretty poor standard??

CollegeTillIDie
25/08/2006, 8:19 PM
Would any of the yeams in the breakaway league have been any good in the old championship or will it be pretty poor standard??

Zeta came 5th in the Federal League last season.
Jedinstvo would have been relegated as would
Buducnost of Podgorica, who were Savicevic's first serious club as a player.
They qualified for Europe once or twice by the way.

And in recent years Mogren have also graced the Serbo-Montenegrin First Federal League.

Gerrit
11/09/2006, 10:34 PM
On the forum for non-FIFA football, there's a guy from Montenegro registered who keeps us updated. www.roonba.co.nr and go to the forum -- I know, the ads and pop-ups are a pain, the webmaster for some reason delays a move to a proper host... But anyway the forum is interesting reading.

And why would one NOT show interest in the Montenegrin league? The world of football is bigger than the Premiership, SPL, Serie A and Primera Division... I hope we see a Montenegrin representative in Europe soon, and a national team competing. More new teams to discover, always a joy. And I can't see any nation objecting to their affiliation.