PDA

View Full Version : Euro 88 pic

Ash
21/08/2006, 12:22 PM
Dont suppose anyone has, or has a link to, a team
picture or anything of the Irish team in Euro 88.

co. down green
21/08/2006, 12:27 PM
My favourite Euro 88 pic

http://oneteaminireland.bravehost.com/IREGER.html

Armando
22/08/2006, 3:45 PM
I scanned this from an old mag. Pretty sure it's from one of the Euro '88 games.

When I rotated this pic so it could be viewed properly the upload failed with this reason: Exceeds your quota by 27.3 KB? Does the file size change when you rotate a pic? I have no other attachments.

NeilMcD
22/08/2006, 4:15 PM
How many of the current team get in that game. #

Given in Goal ?

Finnan at right back?

Duff and left midfield

and maybe Robbie Keane.

Ash
23/08/2006, 8:21 AM
I scanned this from an old mag. Pretty sure it's from one of the Euro '88 games.

When I rotated this pic so it could be viewed properly the upload failed with this reason: Exceeds your quota by 27.3 KB? Does the file size change when you rotate a pic? I have no other attachments.

Cheers fo the pic Armando, but I think that might be from a 1990 World Cup
qualifier as the Italia 90 logo thing is in the top right corner

SUB of the day
23/08/2006, 8:23 AM

Anorak time....the photo is from Italia 90, in the background you can see ciao the tournament mascot.

Ash
23/08/2006, 9:06 AM
Anorak time....the photo is from Italia 90, in the background you can see ciao the tournament mascot.

Bigger anorak time :) , the pic wasnt from the actual tournament as we had
a different jersey. WC90 one has shiney arrow things on it and didnt have the
mesh in the sleeves, as per the pic. Also the tournament shirt was collarless. Thats why I presume it was a qualifier.

NeilMcD
23/08/2006, 9:18 AM
Maybe its from Euro 88 as I am not sure Galvin Played many of the qualifiers for Italia 90. The Logoa is just super imposed by the match magazine.

SUB of the day
23/08/2006, 9:30 AM
Maybe its from Euro 88 as I am not sure Galvin Played many of the qualifiers for Italia 90. The Logoa is just super imposed by the match magazine.

Best guess, is that its the team photo b4 the 1 0 win in 88, in the Neckar Stadium....same groound 4 sept 2nd...total renovation , different name.

Armando
23/08/2006, 11:44 AM
Bigger anorak time :) , the pic wasnt from the actual tournament as we had
a different jersey. WC90 one has shiney arrow things on it and didnt have the
mesh in the sleeves, as per the pic. Also the tournament shirt was collarless. Thats why I presume it was a qualifier.

Biggest anorak time:D I'm positive it's from one of the Euro '88 games because Stapleton was captain for this tournament and in the pic he's wearing the armband. McCarthy led us all the way through Italia '90 qualification and Stapleton only made 2 appearances late on in this campaign.

This was the starting line up for both the England and Holland games. I'd agree with Sub of the Day that it's before the England game.

Ash
23/08/2006, 12:12 PM
Biggest anorak time:D I'm positive it's from one of the Euro '88 games because Stapleton was captain for this tournament and in the pic he's wearing the armband. McCarthy led us all the way through Italia '90 qualification and Stapleton only made 2 appearances late on in this campaign.

This was the starting line up for both the England and Holland games. I'd agree with Sub of the Day that it's before the England game.

Cool, I bow to your superior anoraks :D

Cheers for posting the pic

jbyrne
23/08/2006, 12:30 PM

defo the eng game. can tell from the team and stadium. also, if it was holland game there would be a sea of orange in the backround.

Emmet
26/08/2006, 10:27 AM
It's 100% from the England '88 game - you can tell from the line-up. Plus the players' shorts only had numbers on them in the Euro '88 matches and the Adidas logos on the shirts were significantly smaller in the Euro '88 matches than in any other matches!!

onenilgameover
28/08/2006, 11:53 PM
It's 100% from the England '88 game - you can tell from the line-up. Plus the players' shorts only had numbers on them in the Euro '88 matches and the Adidas logos on the shirts were significantly smaller in the Euro '88 matches than in any other matches!!

I have the same picture signed by the team..you going to germany emmet?