PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Match

Green&whitearmy
20/08/2006, 4:03 PM
Is there many heading on saturday for the game, I wouldnt expect many after recent performances, but hopefully a good few will go down?
I'll be there anyway.
Is there many out injured and suspended, who's back this week for us?

Eoingull
20/08/2006, 11:20 PM
Well I'm going...my sister is going...and I think I've bullied one of my friends into coming along...although I had to sell it as a "jolly nice day out", rather than "come see the Wanderers win!"

BrayUnknowns
21/08/2006, 10:19 AM
Hopefully make it down myself

Rory H
21/08/2006, 11:48 AM
the 10 or so of ye put the 10 or so ucd fans that were here last time to shame with the noise ye made...the early goal kinda killed ye but dont be discouraged....think ye will do better this time

braysnumber1
21/08/2006, 12:38 PM
the 10 or so of ye put the 10 or so ucd fans that were here last time to shame with the noise ye made...the early goal kinda killed ye but dont be discouraged....think ye will do better this time

thanks... hopefully we'll have at least 20 signing this weekend... hoping for at least a draw.. may not be able to make this one though..

Stevo Da Gull
22/08/2006, 7:47 PM

Cheers. Just about everyone who made that game is heading to this one as well and (as braysnumber1 said) we're hoping to at least double it for the cup game. It's a good trip (last week was my first time in the showgrounds, think that only leaves Limerick that I've not been to), lots of restaurants, pubs etc and it took less than 4 hours to get there (I think around 3+1/2).

And I have to say (was going to actually make a thread about this on the Sligo forum) your stewards were top class. Very professional (check your bags, direct you to the away section etc), but not in an ignorant way like the Cork stewards, plenty around and they actually pay attention to any queries that you may have, and seem pretty friendly. At one point at the beginning of the second half there were some kids shining a laser on 1 or 2 of the Bray fans and a steward actually comphescated the laser - this is the first time I have witnessed a steward take such action for the protection of travelling fans. Fair play to Sligo Rovers for this:ball: (I hope I have'nt jinxed the stewarding for Saturday:D ).

Judging by posts on your forum there will be a bit more noise coming from the home support as well, hopefully a good bit of banter going about between both sets of support ;) ... and a Bray victory to go with it!!

fan_1
22/08/2006, 7:53 PM
What about the match itself though?????? forgot

Stevo Da Gull
22/08/2006, 8:10 PM
What about the match itself though?????? forgot

No but I'm trying to :( .
Sligo were worthy winners, the big dissapointment was (as well as giving away another early goal and digging ourselves a nice hole) that we did'nt really create anything to get back into the game bar Franco's 1 chance late on.
For their second goal you could see that Willie Tyrrell was playing the 2 forwards on-side from the goal kick but then he stepped up and they were both in an off-side position, as the kick was taken Gifford dropped back a bit and must have been playing Mansaram on-side (the other forward still off-side) and eventually the move ended with a goal, must have been touch and go between Giffy and Mansaram though but if we're to hold a line then it should be straight.... like a line (It would be harsh to blame Giffy though as he was playing at centre back).
Good individual performances - Collie James played very well when he came on, playing on the right hand side. Cant really take many other positives to be honest.

The Stars
22/08/2006, 8:26 PM
how would we rate Mansaram now ye have seen him play?
We have an even better srtiker in Choice but he probably wont be playing on Saturday,if he does,he will destroy ye.

Hope there are a good few of ye up and a return to Saturdays and the Cup will bring out o few more Rovers fans,should be 2000+ easily.

sligoman
22/08/2006, 8:29 PM
How can you say Choice is better than Flash?:rolleyes: Choice hasn't even started a game for us yet!

roversforever
23/08/2006, 8:27 AM
We have an even better srtiker in Choice but he probably wont be playing on Saturday,if he does,he will destroy ye.

no way.flash is one of the best strikers in this country,right up there with byrne and crowe.choice hasn't even started a game for us yet.

Green&whitearmy
23/08/2006, 9:17 PM
Here Sligo lads, dont mean to be rude but your kind of going away fom the topic a bit, ye can talk about that on your own page.