PDA

View Full Version : Green for Germany

Pages : [1] 2

scousedub
19/08/2006, 1:44 PM
Can everyone try and wear green for the game rather than the white away jersey. Obviously the German supporters will all be wearing white so it will stand out more if we wear green, especially as we will be spread out around the ground.

Forever Dreamin
19/08/2006, 10:09 PM
Can everyone try and wear green for the game rather than the white away jersey. Obviously the German supporters will all be wearing white so it will stand out more if we wear green, especially as we will be spread out around the ground.

I agree 100%, only green should be worn, no away jersys, no celtic or EL jersys GAA jersys etc, they can be worn the night before, day of game etc but please not to the stadium, a green irish rugby jersy is grand or if its only a green jumper grand just no other colour please. youd never see the dutch wearing anything bar their boiler suits!!

rodoman
20/08/2006, 12:11 AM
Green, I agree has to be worn. Ireland and proud of it, and leave the Germans wear white, we've a shed load of tickets, and Green in in season lol. (I'll be wearing it) ha ha
comon Ireland

theworm2345
20/08/2006, 5:19 AM
I am so relieved, I always thought I was the only one whoever wore both green and white (home and away) shirts. I probably just didnt realize it when people wore white shirts, because of course the green ones are recognizable from far away.

soylent green
20/08/2006, 8:02 PM
I agree 100%, only green should be worn, no away jersys, no celtic or EL jersys GAA jersys etc, they can be worn the night before, day of game etc but please not to the stadium, a green irish rugby jersy is grand or if its only a green jumper grand just no other colour please. youd never see the dutch wearing anything bar their boiler suits!!

It always looks good when there is a sea of one colour from sets of fans e.g. Swedan and Holland. But I'll be in my Shamrock Rovers home jersey.

antofact
20/08/2006, 8:33 PM
Meself n the other brayheads will all be wearing green,i.e bray jerseys as per usual on the friday.A quick mr. Ben impersonation on saturday & we're all in the ireland green.

Forever Dreamin
20/08/2006, 8:59 PM
It always looks good when there is a sea of one colour from sets of fans e.g. Swedan and Holland. But I'll be in my Shamrock Rovers home jersey.

Why? If all othe EL fans adopted the same attitude we'd have a multitude of colours. Would you wear an Irish jersy to a ROvers game?:rolleyes:

keenanboy
20/08/2006, 9:22 PM
Green is the new black :)

Dallasirish
21/08/2006, 12:07 AM
Away Jersey on Friday night and straight into the Green Saturday @ 8am. Its Green Jesery accessorized with Irish Flag til the wee hours of Sunday mornin!!

soylent green
21/08/2006, 8:34 AM
Why? If all othe EL fans adopted the same attitude we'd have a multitude of colours. :

Strangily enough the Rovers jersey is green and white. Don't think Shels' red jersey, Bohs black and red etc. would work now would it? Bray fans are allowed wear green by the fashion police.

Kingdom
21/08/2006, 11:50 AM
Heatons have the Irish jersey on sale for €25. It's the proper replica too.

RogerMilla
21/08/2006, 11:55 AM
all in green is the call lads
everyone bring a flag as well!!

Ash
21/08/2006, 11:57 AM
I agree 100%, only green should be worn, no away jersys, no celtic or EL jersys GAA jersys etc, they can be worn the night before, day of game etc but please not to the stadium

What abut Limerick and London GAA jerseys and Celtics old away jersey?
They are green.

youd never see the dutch wearing anything bar their boiler suits!!

I saw a few Dutch wearing Feyenoord jerseys on Wednesday

soylent green
21/08/2006, 11:58 AM
all in green is the call lads
everyone bring a flag as well!!

My flag will be there (Shamrock Rovers Tricolour to match my jersey!). The Stuttgart stadium with the running track isn't a great for flags but the Irish section is at least facing the cameras.

keenanboy
21/08/2006, 11:59 AM

Thats right they do. They buy a lot of end of line/overstock items from sportswear companies at discount. nothing wrong with them in the slightest and the consumer benefits from their buying power. Had Celtic last year for €15!

Forever Dreamin
21/08/2006, 2:11 PM
Strangily enough the Rovers jersey is green and white. Don't think Shels' red jersey, Bohs black and red etc. would work now would it? Bray fans are allowed wear green by the fashion police.

you said it it is green & white, the irish jersy is green!

Reddladd
21/08/2006, 2:36 PM
Lads, where's this Heatons shop...................short of cash after paying for Stuttgart tickets :( so it would be great to save a few bob on a jersey which I'll probably swap with some dude out there:D

lopez
21/08/2006, 2:38 PM
Great idea. But useless unless everybody else isn't getting the message. Perhaps a word with some of the meeja?

Ash
21/08/2006, 2:50 PM
Great idea. But useless unless everybody else isn't getting the message. Perhaps a word with some of the meeja?

No need to contact them. I'm sure after reading this thread someone in
The Star will come up with a great idea to ask people to wear green :)

RichieM
21/08/2006, 3:44 PM
Lads, where's this Heatons shop...................short of cash after paying for Stuttgart tickets :( so it would be great to save a few bob on a jersey which I'll probably swap with some dude out there:D

They had them in the Square Tallaght last week - but I'm sure they're available in other branches in other shopping centre

Paulie
21/08/2006, 4:06 PM
No need to contact them. I'm sure after reading this thread someone in
The Star will come up with a great idea to ask people to wear green :)

Believe it or not this was reported in today's Star. They quoted the first couple of posts in this thread. For anybody trying to find it the article isn't in the sports section. As far as I remember it's in the first 10 or so pages.

rodoman
21/08/2006, 4:49 PM
Fair play to ye Billy Scanlan for getting the message out to the Green Army who don't visit foot.ie.
With all of us wearing green it i'll give the lads a lift to see that we're not giving up on them.
COM'ON IRELAND
(it ain't over till the slightly large fraulien sings) ;)

Green Tribe
21/08/2006, 7:02 PM
Yes, everybody better wear green shirts, not white :mad:
Look like right arses if we wore white this time!
Any boys wearing lederhosen? :eek: :D
Go on!

click (http://www.bavarian-superstore.com/e/index.htm)

heh heh (http://www.lemvig-gym.dk/mh/images/Lederhosen%5B1%5D.jpg)

zinedineontour
21/08/2006, 8:42 PM
Yeah have to get into the ground early to get the Kevin Kilbane Klan flag up !

keenanboy
21/08/2006, 8:51 PM
They had them in the Square Tallaght last week - but I'm sure they're available in other branches in other shopping centre

they have a store in Westend retail park at the Blanchardstwon Centre. Thats about it in Dublin.

Reddladd
21/08/2006, 9:42 PM
Thanks for that boyos I'll take a trip out to Blanch so...............

soccerc
21/08/2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks for that boyos I'll take a trip out to Blanch so...............

One in the Square tallaght too

lopez
22/08/2006, 1:00 AM
What abut Limerick and London GAA jerseys and Celtics old away jersey?
They are green.

And so is this

http://www.oneills.com/shop/viewdetails.asp?catID=1&subcatID=6&subSubCatID=48&ID=908#

Ash
22/08/2006, 8:39 AM
Believe it or not this was reported in today's Star. They quoted the first couple of posts in this thread. For anybody trying to find it the article isn't in the sports section. As far as I remember it's in the first 10 or so pages.

Yeah, i heard that last night. I wonder will they have a follow up today/tomorrow
telling people it's Ok to wear Limerick, London and West Belfast GAA shirts seeing
as they're mentioned here now :p

Actually, depending on how much they follow this site I wonder will they have an
"Exclusuve : Glenda Gilson In Not Great Looking Shocker" headline soon :)

On the Heatons locations, for anyone outside the big schmoke ... theres one in
Roscommon town and also in Cavan, on the Dublin Rd.

jbyrne
22/08/2006, 9:39 AM
how about leaving the pub a little earlier for this one and making sure the lads walk out to a sea of green for the warm up?
munster rugby fans make sure they are there for the warm up and is very impressive for the lads to come out to a huge roar 30 mins before the game

Bluetonic
22/08/2006, 9:40 AM
On the Heatons locations, for anyone outside the big schmoke ... theres one in
Roscommon town and also in Cavan, on the Dublin Rd.

And in a few more locations too....

http://www.heatons.ie/locator.html

Poor Student
24/08/2006, 11:54 PM

I was in their Square branch today and saw no sign of it. I bought it for €50 today and only read this post now.:mad: At least I'll be in proper attire for the occasion.:D

Sligo Hornet
25/08/2006, 8:09 AM
You can get the new green shirt ( in UK anyway ) at Soccer World for £21.49.........and large Irish Tricolours for 30p!!!!;)

Closed Account 2
25/08/2006, 8:36 AM
Mate, which soccer world is that ? the one in the Harlequin center ?? I've not seen the shirts that cheap before !! Must be due to the crest change or something like that ?

Sligo Hornet
25/08/2006, 12:03 PM
Mate, which soccer world is that ? the one in the Harlequin center ?? I've not seen the shirts that cheap before !! Must be due to the crest change or something like that ?

In the "Waterfields " branch....the one next to the huge Tesco Extra......paid that price only a week or so ago!They were charging this price well before the announcement regarding the FAI Crest!:)

scousedub
25/08/2006, 6:25 PM
Fair play to ye Billy Scanlan for getting the message out to the Green Army who don't visit foot.ie.
With all of us wearing green it i'll give the lads a lift to see that we're not giving up on them.
COM'ON IRELAND
(it ain't over till the slightly large fraulien sings) ;)

Seeing as how the Star have got a fair few articles from foot.ie over the last couple of weeks, maybe they could give out green t shirts,hats,scarfs etc in the airport next Thursday and Friday.Eircom did something similar for the Holland game a couple of years ago.

GK for the Town
25/08/2006, 6:54 PM
I think it was done for the Cyprus game as well. That'd be Savage if they did but they'd have to extend it to Saturday morning for the people like myself going at that time..

Forever Dreamin
25/08/2006, 9:19 PM
lads if you can afford to go to stuttgart you can afford a green irish jersy, doesnt have to be the new one, dont tell me that you need to be handed one or youll wear a differnet colour,:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

scousedub
26/08/2006, 2:35 PM
lads if you can afford to go to stuttgart you can afford a green irish jersy, doesnt have to be the new one, dont tell me that you need to be handed one or youll wear a differnet colour,:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a team full of green jerseys(bringing about 4)so i am not looking for a freebie,but there will always be a few who will not have the jersey and as i said earlier "The Star" have got enough column inches from foot.ie to justify giving out a few thousand freebies

Kempes1-0
26/08/2006, 8:19 PM
Slightly off topic, but i remember chat on this board a few years ago about releasing loads of green balloons at one of the away games, could've been Paris. Did this ever happen in the end or was it even attempted??

soccerc
26/08/2006, 8:29 PM
Slightly off topic, but i remember chat on this board a few years ago about releasing loads of green balloons at one of the away games, could've been Paris. Did this ever happen in the end or was it even attempted??

Peadar and the green balloons was in Paris

gspain
27/08/2006, 9:00 AM
Still plenty of green shirts in Heatons in the Square yesterday. As you go in the main door turn immediately right and they are over on the wall facing you. They also have the away shirt. €24 each. Note this is the last shirt and not the new one but still a good deal.

Green Tribe
27/08/2006, 5:35 PM
will be armed with a pack or 2 of balloons

Babysis
28/08/2006, 12:16 PM

There were a few of us on here who attempted it. On the way up to the ground we handed out loads of balloons to every ireland fan we met. Most people never bother releasing them:mad: . Tried the same in the Faroe islands, and that never really worked either.good luck if you do try it. :)

Kempes1-0
28/08/2006, 6:31 PM
There were a few of us on here who attempted it. On the way up to the ground we handed out loads of balloons to every ireland fan we met. Most people never bother releasing them:mad: . Tried the same in the Faroe islands, and that never really worked either.good luck if you do try it. :)

I'm much too lacking in initiative for that sort of thing!!

onenilgameover
29/08/2006, 1:54 AM

you do yourself an injustice...it did work...there was loads of pockets of peolpe at the france game with ballons...it was great to see as it was organized on here..there was less for the faroes game :(

Forever Dreamin
29/08/2006, 7:37 AM
you do yourself an injustice...it did work...there was loads of pockets of peolpe at the france game with ballons...it was great to see as it was organized on here..there was less for the faroes game :(

we had our ballons in the airport for the faroes match if only we had made it :D :D

TheLedge
29/08/2006, 11:50 AM
Anyone know where I can get a flake of green beach balls?

Would be great craic before the game in the Stadium. :D

gspain
29/08/2006, 12:29 PM
Anyone know where I can get a flake of green beach balls?

Would be great craic before the game in the Stadium. :D

Yes

http://ourweecountry.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13927

loscherland
29/08/2006, 12:57 PM
Like the beachball idea... even if they're not green