PDA

View Full Version : Another suspension row?

Mr A
19/08/2006, 8:21 AM
Seems like McGuinness shouldn't have played for Bohs last night as he was suspended.

Looks like the league is descending into farce.

SNAFU

headtheball
19/08/2006, 8:42 AM
What's the story then or source?

Terry
19/08/2006, 8:48 AM
they should stick on a hefty fine along with the deduction of points, it would almost guarantee the end of this BS !!

Joe Strummer
19/08/2006, 9:06 AM
What's the story then or source?

It's in todays Star

dcfc_1928
19/08/2006, 9:14 AM
According to the suspension list - he got a 1 match ban effective from 9th August.

However he was then sent off in the League Cup against Shels on the 7th August.

He then missed Bohs' match against Bray on 11 August - was that the automatic ban for the red card, or the suspension?

iceman
19/08/2006, 9:48 AM
He then missed Bohs' match against Bray on 11 August - was that the automatic ban for the red card, or the suspension?

Seems like he tried to serve both bans together. 3 point deduction for Bohs on the way.

Terry
19/08/2006, 9:54 AM
I take it then that suspensions from being sent off in the league cup doesnt only apply to the competition only anymore?

harpskid
19/08/2006, 10:15 AM
I take it then that suspensions from being sent off in the league cup doesnt only apply to the competition only anymore?

If you're red carded in the League Cup you get an automatic one game ban for your next League Cup game. If, however, your team gets knocked out, you serve the suspension in the next competitive match...

Terry
19/08/2006, 10:20 AM
If you're red carded in the League Cup you get an automatic one game ban for your next League Cup game. If, however, your team gets knocked out, you serve the suspension in the next competitive match...

Cheers, was wondering what that rule was

Terry
19/08/2006, 10:24 AM
Farrelly says they were given the all clear

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=24030

harpskid
19/08/2006, 10:29 AM
"There was no notification whatsoever about Jason McGuinness being suspended.”

Me suspects that whoever is meant to issue notification re: suspensions could find themselves getting the P45 in due course...

Stato
19/08/2006, 10:46 AM
"There was no notification whatsoever about Jason McGuinness being suspended.”

Could be wrong but I don't think the league have to give notice to the club about a red card suspension, it's a FIFA rule and it's an automatic 1 match ban in the next match. Yellow card suspensions on the other hand are different and the rules are decided on by individual leagues.

Terry
19/08/2006, 10:49 AM
an automatic 1 match ban in a way is giving notice, isn't it?

Stato
19/08/2006, 10:56 AM
The difference is that with yellow-cards the FAI Disciplinary Commission meet every Wednesday to decide on suspensions and fines and then send notice of those by fax to the clubs, usually that day. With red cards the clubs are supposed to know the FIFA rule but can check with the League to confirm it if thye need to.

pete
19/08/2006, 10:59 AM
Me suspects that whoever is meant to issue notification re: suspensions could find themselves getting the P45 in due course...

Should be kicked out the door too. How bloody difficult is it to come up with efficient admin system??????????

:rolleyes:

The upside is Shels won't get the 3 points either.

:D

Forever Dreamin
19/08/2006, 11:00 AM
Simple Soloution:

One official takes responsibility for all suspensions.

All suspensions notified by way of email and posting on FAI web site.

All suspensions other than automatic bans are notified to this official bey disciplinary committee when bans announced.

For players being transferred they should be given a suspension cert by the FAI when registraion is accepted, outlining anu suspensions the player has to serve.

The current situation is causing the league much bad publicity.

Not rocket science is it?

pete
19/08/2006, 11:02 AM
I've been thinking about this & because it was an automatic red card suspension it should have been Bohs responsibility to look after their own players. I don't think the league has to do everything for them.

IMO Bohs should lose 3 points.

fbtn
19/08/2006, 12:11 PM
Regardless of who's fault it is, the last few weeks have been another shambles. Every season we have to deal with point reductions, legal actions, appeals, abbitrations, registration fiascos etc etc. Would do your fcuking head in.

If this is the sign of things to come, the new FAI sooper dooper league will finish off the job the other jokers were doing and kill the domestic game stone dead.

Dr.Nightdub
19/08/2006, 12:31 PM
Can I just point out that in terms of points deductions, Pats remain the real trailblazers with 9 points and 15 points in the one season. And we got medals in recognition of our efforts.

The rest of yiz are only trotting after us. True, Rovers made a valiant attempt with their 8-point deduction last season. As my good mate DvB likes to point out, form is temporary but class is permanent and in fairness to Rovers, they've chipped in again this season with another 3 points.

However, as an initial effort, 3 points by Bohs is pub-team stuff and smacks of a lack of genuine commitment. As for Derry? They bottled it completely over Hargan.

:D

harpskid
19/08/2006, 12:45 PM
Should be kicked out the door too. How bloody difficult is it to come up with efficient admin system??????????

Clearly very difficult when you're the FAI! As fbtn says there, this crap would do your head in. All the good work done by the likes of Derry's result in Europe in improving the image of the League is being outdone by those in power beyond the green door of Merrion Square...

Flawed And Inept - and they're taking over our League. Would make me sick thinking about it

Patrick Dunne
19/08/2006, 12:56 PM
If the 4th official was supplied with the details of players suspended for any given fixture, it would solve this farce, which is turning the EL into a joke.

Roverstillidie
19/08/2006, 12:58 PM
this case seems far more straightforward than the derry or rovers case.

the papers before the game listed him as suspended, people at the game were surprised to see him, oliy was incensced etc.

it was an automatic ban for a straight red and he didnt serve it. no intricicies about 48 hour windows or whether chf got the fax.

sorry bozo's, but in the week that was in it, thats unforgivable sloppyness.

according to gypoweb their admin person is on holidays....

and why is everone blaming the FAI here. its the league that are responsible for suspensions, the group we are getting rid of.

sligoman
19/08/2006, 12:59 PM
I think the game should be awarded to Shels and therefore I win my bet:D.

chippie0001
19/08/2006, 1:58 PM
this case seems far more straightforward than the derry or rovers case.

the papers before the game listed him as suspended, people at the game were surprised to see him, oliy was incensced etc.

it was an automatic ban for a straight red and he didnt serve it. no intricicies about 48 hour windows or whether chf got the fax.

sorry bozo's, but in the week that was in it, thats unforgivable sloppyness.

and why is everone blaming the FAI here. its the league that are responsible for suspensions, the group we are getting rid of.

The reason we are blaming the FAI is we rang both on the Wednesday and the Thursday, two seperate Bohs officials and two different FAI people. On both occasions we were told we had no players out.

I agree if this is messed up its our fault, plain and simple, however it does not help when the body that oversees the suspensions tell us we have no players out.

sfc red
19/08/2006, 2:34 PM
I agree if this is messed up its our fault, plain and simple, however it does not help when the body that oversees the suspensions tell us we have no players out.

Eh it is obviously Ollie's fault...

Another point - what about Farrelly?? Sent off against Bray - was he a sub? Should he have been allowed in the dugout?

pete
19/08/2006, 3:05 PM
Another point - what about Farrelly?? Sent off against Bray - was he a sub? Should he have been allowed in the dugout?

I do not think there is any automatic suspension for managers. However it looks like a nice loophole as a suspended Manager could just name himself on the players bench. Technically he not supposed to converse with his assistant but impossible to police.

I do not understand why Bohs would ring the eL for update on suspensions. As proven in the Hargan case there has to be a paper trail as cannot prove anything if verbal or electronic.

bohs til i die
19/08/2006, 3:46 PM
Eh it is obviously Ollie's fault...

Farrelly's dismissal as a manager means the league cannot rule on any punishment until they receive the ref's report and discuss it at one of the weekly meetings. Therefore he is clear to play last night

bohs til i die
19/08/2006, 3:47 PM
I do not think there is any automatic suspension for managers. However it looks like a nice loophole as a suspended Manager could just name himself on the players bench. Technically he not supposed to converse with his assistant but impossible to police.

I do not understand why Bohs would ring the eL for update on suspensions. As proven in the Hargan case there has to be a paper trail as cannot prove anything if verbal or electronic.

Im guessing here but with Jayo's red in the week he due to serve a ban the club sought clarification if his ban was to be served against Shels.

bohs til i die
19/08/2006, 3:48 PM

admin person was on holidays a few weeks ago when the original 4 yellow ban for Lurch was issued.

Dodge
19/08/2006, 4:07 PM
If I was a Bohs fan the person I'd be blaming is gareth farrelly for picking him in the first place. Without a shadow of the doubt, he's the worst centre half in the league. He's cost Bohs more points this season than this thing...

Vitruvian Man
19/08/2006, 4:09 PM
The irony of it all is that McGuinness was muck and did everything he could to help Shelbourne win the match.

It's the weekend and these kind of things get cleared up fairly easily.

If it was our fault we will get docked the points and you won't hear us complaining (too much) - sure what use is 3 points to us anyway this season.

It's just so sweet to deny Shels and to know the Small Mind in the Small Club will be so bitter over it just makes it all the sweeter. So I HOPE McGuinness was suspended for the game so I can laugh at Shels even more.

The real question is what happens to those 3 points when Shels results are expunged from the league record after they are wound-up. Do we get them back.

bohs til i die
19/08/2006, 4:22 PM
The real question is what happens to those 3 points when Shels results are expunged from the league record after they are wound-up. Do we get them back.

Now that would be funny

:)

sfc red
19/08/2006, 5:03 PM
You have all the time in the world to be bitter now that your season is over.

bohs til i die
19/08/2006, 6:27 PM
You have all the time in the world to be bitter now that your season is over.

eh we do have at least 1 more week of the season that means something. Shels could be out of business by the time we kick off against the Hoops

Stato
20/08/2006, 7:10 AM
The reason we are blaming the FAI is we rang both on the Wednesday and the Thursday, two seperate Bohs officials and two different FAI people. On both occasions we were told we had no players out.

It'd be interesting to know who they asked and what was asked. There are only two people in the League office (not the FAI) who would have any proper idea about suspensions.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, a red card is an automatic suspension under FIFA rules. The FAI Disciplinary Committee (of which one of the two League people is secretary) will only meet this coming Wednesday to discuss the red card from the Shels game (they allow clubs time to get their defence in) and might or might not decide that the one-match suspension is enough of a punishment.

The old adage applies, if in doubt, get it in writing.

sfc red
20/08/2006, 2:32 PM
eh we do have at least 1 more week of the season

Big club eh? ;)

Shels could be out of business by the time we kick off against the Hoops

We won't :D

Poor Student
20/08/2006, 7:21 PM
exactly, the end is to stop suspended players playing, not to catch and punish teams who **** up.

It must be set up like this to avoid the culpability ever lying with the officials and the organisations. Every so often in European competition a team breaks a rule by playing a suspended player or ineligible one. If UEFA aren't bothered to set up a system to ensure that teams don't accidentally select banned or ineligible players then we won't see it happen here. It leaves the onus on the team and that suits the organisations.

An article in the Ireland on Sunday claims Ollie and the Shels staff already knew McGuinness was suspended and were shocked to hear about him being announced in the lineup and made their own enquiries as did Bohs before the game.

hoopy
20/08/2006, 7:27 PM
The irony of it all is that McGuinness was muck and did everything he could to help Shelbourne win the match.

I keep saying this but surely Bohs fans have spotted the trend by now. Player leaves Rovers and goes to Bohs, player isn't half as good with Bohs as he was with Rovers :D

Mr A
20/08/2006, 7:35 PM
I keep saying this but surely Bohs fans have spotted the trend by now. Player leaves Rovers and goes to Bohs, player isn't half as good with Bohs as he was with Rovers

Wouldn't that seem to indicate that moving from Rovers to Bohs is a big step up?

Dodge
20/08/2006, 10:39 PM
Average players always look better when surrounded by ****e. And for the record McGuinnes was awful when I seen him for Rovers too

Roverstillidie
20/08/2006, 11:30 PM
Wouldn't that seem to indicate that moving from Rovers to Bohs is a big step up?

yeah right.

it would indicate that the bitterness is so bad in dalynount they prefer to try and 'do' us then sign players they actually need.

o'brien
palmer
mcguinness
grunt
keddy

all in the last couple of seasons, all turned to shíte when they crossed over to the dark side.

its great. :D

who was the last player to move to the pox from rovers and be a success? swan?

sonofstan
20/08/2006, 11:47 PM
yeah right.

it would indicate that the bitterness is so bad in dalynount they prefer to try and 'do' us then sign players they actually need.

o'brien
palmer
mcguinness
grunt
keddy

all in the last couple of seasons, all turned to shíte when they crossed over to the dark side.

Keddy wasn't too bad

BohsFans
21/08/2006, 2:14 AM
yeah right.

o'brien
palmer
mcguinness
grunt
keddy

Palmer and Trotter were **** for the scum b4 we signed them!

Cant was only ****e in his last season here.

Keddy was good.

O'Brien..... well no one seemed to know what to expect, as we never even noticed him in a game. A theme the continued throughout his Bohs 'career'!

pineapple stu
17/09/2006, 3:45 PM
Bump!

What happened to this in the end?

sonofstan
17/09/2006, 4:17 PM
At the members meeting last tues. week, Gerry Conway stuck to the 'we rang the FAI twice' story and, if I remember correctly, suggested that one of the phone calls might have been taken by a floppy haired man from Waterford. He never answered the follow up question as to why McGuinness was signed in the first place