PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 2 Bray 0

avvenalaf
18/08/2006, 9:48 PM
Facile win tonight against woeful opposition and we can expect them to be a lot better next week in the cup. Peers sent off for a stupid stamp and this might give the opportunity to deal with this position. Conor deservedly man of the match though Flash was super again and must be a complete nightmare to play against. Started with Cash upfront and he was lively and involved as was Singh who showed a lot more commitment to going up and down the wing than Faz and got in some decent crosses. It was a nothing match really and a complete bore in the second half enlivened only by Paul Deerings attempts to confirm our suspicions that he is the most ignorant man in Sligo.

Rovers1
18/08/2006, 10:14 PM
yeah good win,i thought flash gave away alot of stray balls,o grady deserved motm. i didnt really understand what gavin was sent off for,he only seemed to hold the bray mans legs between his and that was it. bray looked like they came for a fight and not to play football.

feo123
18/08/2006, 10:50 PM
good professional performance....were never threatened! easy win! thought o'grady was superb and flash the same! turner nd singh played well too! cash fitted in well too! all in all a good display....some very poor refereein nd linesmaning at times! what the hell was that luder deeri8ng at at all!?? eejit!!

feo123
18/08/2006, 11:22 PM
didnt really see him stampin to be honest but loads said he did stamp on him nd he deserved to go! is he out of the game next week now r is it just league games he'll miss? turner done well at rite back after he got sent off anyway!

sligoman
19/08/2006, 12:10 AM
is he out of the game next week now r is it just league games he'll miss?Ok for Bray next week, will miss Longford game.

Game started off really well but got fairly boring in the second half. Flash was great, as was McT when he came on. That Paul Deering is some ****ing *****, should be banned from the Showgrounds the dirty ****. Don't think O'Grady deserved MOTM tbh, not that he did anything wrong, just didn't have much to do all game. Turner/Flash should have got it.

Where was Choice? No sign of him. I fear another Brian Tosh moment coming on...BBC!

Royal rover
19/08/2006, 12:19 AM
Ok for Bray next week, will miss Longford game.

Game started off really well but got fairly boring in the second half. Flash was great, as was McT when he came on. That Paul Deering is some ****ing *****, should be banned from the Showgrounds the dirty ****. Don't think O'Grady deserved MOTM tbh, not that he did anything wrong, just didn't have much to do all game. Turner/Flash should have got it.

Where was Choice? No sign of him. I fear another Brian Tosh moment coming on...BBC!

Who is Paul deering

sligoman
19/08/2006, 12:30 AM
Who is Paul deeringYou serious?:eek:. A referee, usually a 4th official at our games. He's from Sligo but that doesn't do us any favours. Sean Connor got a suspended fine by the FAI for speaking out against him after a pre-season friendly against St. John's earlier this season.

HomeBrewPlease
19/08/2006, 12:39 AM
Gavin deserved to be sent off. He deliberately stamped the players legs twice. He was right in front of where I was sitting and was, I have to say, a dirty act.

Otherwise an extremely boring game, particularly the second half.

The Stars
19/08/2006, 11:17 PM
Just when we think we know what team Sean is going to play he changes it to leave Choice out of the squad and bring back McT.
But not too fear....as i think this could be a moment of genuis from Sean.
Leave Choice out,then spring him on Bray in the cup game if we need him,they wont know what hit them if he comes on....Drogheda all over again.

Rory H
20/08/2006, 10:53 AM
Just when we think we know what team Sean is going to play he changes it to leave Choice out of the squad and bring back McT.
But not too fear....as i think this could be a moment of genuis from Sean.
Leave Choice out,then spring him on Bray in the cup game if we need him,they wont know what hit them if he comes on....Drogheda all over again.

he wasnt playing friday cos sean wanted him to get match practice in the u21 game vs galway yesterday.....

sligoman
20/08/2006, 12:45 PM
he wasnt playing friday cos sean wanted him to get match practice in the u21 game vs galway yesterday.....Didn't play too good according to Terry (http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=518814&postcount=90).

The Stars
20/08/2006, 2:45 PM
he wasnt playing friday cos sean wanted him to get match practice in the u21 game vs galway yesterday.....

and playing against Bray isnt match practice?:rolleyes:
only an **** would believe that.

he is the secret weapon for the game on Saturday:cool: