PDA

View Full Version : Promotion requirements

KCFC
31/07/2002, 4:24 PM
Does anyone know if there are specific requirements in terms of ground capacity and seating for a premier division team.

I am not getting ahead of myself here as a kildare county fan but I know our ground isn't developed enough for premier football and I would be worried if we couldn't get promoted because of our ground.

I would rather it was because we weren't good enough.

Any thoughts?

pete
31/07/2002, 4:38 PM
Thjere have been attempts at minimum requirements in the past but AFAIK no club has been refused promotion on this basis.

I suppose the easiest way to check for a basic criteria to see which club in the Premier in recent years has had the worst facilites.

For example last year Monaghan were in the Premier & I don't remember they being forced to improve their ground. Monaghan had nice small (although a bit away from the pitch strangely) probably 200 seater stand & no terracing. Therefore i'd say minimum spec would be 200-300 seats & wouldn't necessarily have to have ready for start of the season.

btw good luck in your first seasons although unfortunately would reflect badly on the league if could get promoted in 1st year. Remember only 1 automatic promotion spot so be hard to get ahead of the likes of Harps or Dundalk.