PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2006/07

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

abbeyvale
18/08/2006, 8:17 AM
Saturday 19th Aug
Carew Park V
Charleville

Sunday 20th Aug
Pike Rovers V
Star Rovers

Janesboro V
Corbally United

Ballynanty Rovers V
Fairview Rangers

Regional United V
Herbertstown

Granville Rangers V
Aisling Annacotty

Dirk Diggler
18/08/2006, 11:19 AM
heard the regional v hertbertstown game is off sunday

abbeyvale
18/08/2006, 11:24 AM

If it is, it probably makes sense, due to the fact that Herbertstown were only given less than a weeks notice that they would be playing Prem footy instead of Div 1A footy.

I would imagine Herbertstown's fixture for next Thursday 24th Aug (a) v Fairview will go ahead though!!!!

Mercurial Vapor
18/08/2006, 11:56 AM

I heard that Hill Celtic have an objection in because they believe if Park are relegated that they shouldn't be relegated. I think they have a good argument.

larrywhite
18/08/2006, 12:52 PM
I think Old Keeper has already explained this and it is the correct thing to do. If there is an opening in a division a relegated team is never brought back. The third placed team is brought up to fill the vacancy.

This may be the first time its happened in the Premier but it happens almost every year in other divisions. The relegated team is never ever brought back up. Dont think Hill have a chance with this one if they have put in an objection. Plus its going to hold up both divisions fixtures. Should just take their relegation with dignity.

superhero
18/08/2006, 1:10 PM
the Regional v Herbertstown game is off because of an objection by Hill Celtic, the circus is back in town!

Old keeper
18/08/2006, 1:39 PM
Hi
Due to one club lodging an objection the following games are off this weekend

Premier Division Regional United V Herbertstown
Division 1A Park FC V Summerville Rovers and Bruff V Hill Celtic

See the website for updates

Mercurial Vapor
18/08/2006, 1:45 PM
Hi
Due to one club lodging an objection the following games are off this weekend

Premier Division Regional United V Herbertstown
Division 1A Park FC V Summerville Rovers

See the website for updates

Any idea when the appeal is due to be heard OK. Do you think mid-week games could also be affected.

Old keeper
18/08/2006, 6:55 PM
Any idea when the appeal is due to be heard OK. Do you think mid-week games could also be affected.

The next LDLC meeting is on Tuesday night so it will probably be disscussed there, Mid week games will be decided on then. There are no Tuesday games for the teams affected. But remember there are currently 6 teams who are prevented from playing this weekend.

the only 1
20/08/2006, 2:22 PM
pike 1 star 0

pike won easily enough might have been different if morton scored with a great chance from a corner with there only chance but he bottled it star need a forward as john barry is a lazy xxxxxx even alan will agree with me here star have enough to stay up

bigguy
20/08/2006, 3:07 PM
pike 1 star 0

pike won easily enough might have been different if morton scored with a great chance from a corner with there only chance but he bottled it star need a forward as john barry is a lazy xxxxxx even alan will agree with me here star have enough to stay up

what was the pike team today? did all there new signings play? 1-0 isnt realy comfy for a side thats signed half the town,but ok it is the 1st game i'll give them that.

widow
20/08/2006, 5:59 PM
what was the pike team today? did all there new signings play? 1-0 isnt realy comfy for a side thats signed half the town,but ok it is the 1st game i'll give them that.

don't think their new players are any better than the ones that were previously there so I'd expect the same kind of pike team this season...hard working and give nothing away.wouldn't say pike are that much better than last season, probably a better squad. Balla are going to do very well this season again, with ray mac, devlin and paul quinn back three very good signings for us

lim abroad
20/08/2006, 7:07 PM
don't think their new players are any better than the ones that were previously there so I'd expect the same kind of pike team this season...hard working and give nothing away.wouldn't say pike are that much better than last season, probably a better squad. Balla are going to do very well this season again, with ray mac, devlin and paul quinn back three very good signings for us

have to agree,three good signings there.did pike sign any strikers in the off season?

the only 1
20/08/2006, 7:10 PM

bennis,mc,carry,purcell,morris,corbett.o grady,harnett,finucane,cullen,skinner,o.neill,

allab
20/08/2006, 8:28 PM

ray mc stayed wit micheals

superhero
21/08/2006, 9:23 AM
Carew Park 2
Charleville 0

Sunday 20th Aug

Pike Rovers 1
Star Rovers 0

Janesboro 5
Corbally United 2

Ballynanty Rovers 1
Fairview Rangers 1

Regional United v Herbertstown OFF

Granville Rangers 2
Aisling Annacotty 1

abbeyvale
21/08/2006, 11:13 AM
pike 1 star 0

I wouldnt say Pike won easily enough in all fairness,
and yes I should have scored, but thats probably why I play at the back (ha ha) and it wasnt the only chance we had as Brian Doherty had a great chance with 5mins to go as well, and in saying that if Pa Barry was playing he would have ran riot on their right full, and the fact that Locky and Derek Hannon were at a wedding the night before didnt help either, but if thats the best the Premier league has to offer we wont be frightened of any team in town, and we should stay up easily enough.

leather
21/08/2006, 11:30 AM
Lads, any reports on the other matches.. missed boro v corbally

Daydreamer
21/08/2006, 11:46 AM
would have to agree with ya abbeyvale tought ye were just as good as
them over the 90 minutes,

maestro
21/08/2006, 4:25 PM
:o What game were you watching? Star could have been there all week and still wouldn't have scored. Pike did enough to win the game , bigger fish to fry on Thurday against the 'boro.

allab
21/08/2006, 6:19 PM
the view wil struggle this year were blessed sunday to go away wit a draw. derek whyte and sean lipper there only subs somethin goin on up there?

the only 1
21/08/2006, 6:34 PM
the view wil struggle this year were blessed sunday to go away wit a draw. derek whyte and sean lipper there only subs somethin goin on up there?

did the cosgroves sign with fairview?

MitreSize5
22/08/2006, 7:09 AM
:o What game were you watching? Star could have been there all week and still wouldn't have scored. Pike did enough to win the game , bigger fish to fry on Thurday against the 'boro.

I thought Pike only did enough to win and scored with the only bit of decent football in the game. As you said bigger fish to fry and three points are three points.

Have to say though that Star are no bad team at all and I'd be suprised if they were struggling come the end of next May. id say theyll stay up handy enough and will take a few points from the big boys

allab
22/08/2006, 8:45 AM
did the cosgroves sign with fairview?

not sure but none of them were there sunday

clownboy
22/08/2006, 10:26 AM
To Be fair i dunno how u thougt The view were lucky ..I thought a draw was a fair result ..Balla had a couple of shots from distance in the second half which Lynch saved comfortably and Damian Conway missed a good chance..Other than that they did not create much..Fairview had chances of there own with Jon fitz hitting the post and conor lynch could have done better witha free header near the end

allab
22/08/2006, 10:43 AM
To Be fair i dunno how u thougt The view were lucky ..I thought a draw was a fair result ..Balla had a couple of shots from distance in the second half which Lynch saved comfortably and Damian Conway missed a good chance..Other than that they did not create much..Fairview had chances of there own with Jon fitz hitting the post and conor lynch could have done better witha free header near the end

fairview are in serious trouble this year unless half there team were on holidays

Daydreamer
22/08/2006, 11:32 AM
cant remember pike creating many chances bar the goal,and i was wide awake,

Dirk Diggler
22/08/2006, 3:19 PM
Skinner was clean through just before half time. Star were camped in there own half the whole game. they'd always 7 men behind the ball. Chances are always going to be few and far between. Pike didn't play well though, just about did enough, they'll have to improve against the boro

Soccer Lover
22/08/2006, 8:55 PM
Carew 1 Granville 2;

Granville down to 10 men for most of it, and then took a 2:0 lead, Carew played some lovely stuff and scored with 20 to go, should have leveled in the last 5 but missed a sitter

the only 1
22/08/2006, 9:47 PM
we beat carew well to nite carew are a worse team than last year there full back curtis is hopeless afraid to tackle plus they have a weak midfield with no pace we wont go down dis year we have a lot of good minors coming through any1 agree?:D

Soccer Lover
22/08/2006, 10:13 PM
we beat carew well to nite carew are a worse team than last year there full back curtis is hopeless afraid to tackle plus they have a weak midfield with no pace we wont go down dis year we have a lot of good minors coming through any1 agree?:D

I agree you shouldn't go down, but you do need a new keeper. The lad tonight was very raw, he made a couple of splended stops but was badly at fault for the Carew goal. Also he dropped a couple of easy ones, Carew could (and should) have had two from his errors. He has a lot of potential but he's just not ready for this standard just yet.

progress
22/08/2006, 10:13 PM
good result against carew,there team does not look as strong on paper as last year alrite,seems to be an old side

Dirk Diggler
23/08/2006, 8:25 AM
Who Did The Scoring In The Granville V Carew Match

Twinkle Toes
23/08/2006, 9:19 AM
I agree you shouldn't go down, but you do need a new keeper. The lad tonight was very raw, he made a couple of splended stops but was badly at fault for the Carew goal. Also he dropped a couple of easy ones, Carew could (and should) have had two from his errors. He has a lot of potential but he's just not ready for this standard just yet.

The keeper for Granville was from the U17 team. He is going to have a very bright future as a keeper from what I have seen of him.
The regular keeper was away for last nights game.
Granville had 3 U17 players on the first 11 last nite.
Robert Mitchell and Tony Fahy scored for them last night.

allab
23/08/2006, 6:43 PM
The keeper for Granville was from the U17 team. He is going to have a very bright future as a keeper from what I have seen of him.
The regular keeper was away for last nights game.
Granville had 3 U17 players on the first 11 last nite.
Robert Mitchell and Tony Fahy scored for them last night.

is that the same robert mitchell that was wit hyde,carew park and hill celtic in the last 3 seasons?mite be a bad carew team stil a very good result away from home

new leaf
24/08/2006, 1:10 PM
any predictions for tonights prem games? i think balla will hit corbally for 6 or 7. i heard that corbally are after loosing another 5 players aswell as the 4 that have already left, supposedly fielding a team of b and c players tonight.

l.f.c......
24/08/2006, 1:35 PM

how do you make out that carew have no pace in midfield??
farmer, denis wheelan, philip clancy you telling me there slow players i think anyone would tell you there pacey players.
philip clancy was missed by carew tue.. night some poor defending cost them in saying that carew had plenty of chances missing free headers from a yard out does not help either. its about taking your chances granville did and defended well. its one game i would not say carew are a bad side

Roadend
24/08/2006, 2:47 PM
any predictions for tonights prem games? i think balla will hit corbally for 6 or 7. i heard that corbally are after loosing another 5 players aswell as the 4 that have already left, supposedly fielding a team of b and c players tonight.

You should stop listening to the voices in your head. No such thing has happened.

new leaf
24/08/2006, 2:59 PM
You should stop listening to the voices in your head. No such thing has happened.

We'll see then!!! i heard it from the horse's mouth that the entire corbally back four are gone for tonight

Roadend
24/08/2006, 4:02 PM
They picked up some injuries from Sunday, but not what you claim. And as for the horses mouth, I don't think so.

allab
24/08/2006, 8:06 PM
corbally 0 balla 4

the only 1
24/08/2006, 9:08 PM
corbally could be in trouble already

Soccer Lover
24/08/2006, 9:36 PM
Boro 3:1 Pike

and Boro missed a penalty

superhero
25/08/2006, 8:11 AM
UL/Aisling 4
Charleville 0

Star Rovers 0
Regional Utd 1

smellyfeet
25/08/2006, 8:37 AM
Boro 3:1 Pike

and Boro missed a penalty

can anyone tell me the starting 11....

leather
25/08/2006, 8:46 AM
BORO 11: D.Glasheen, J.Rooney, B.Culhane,D.Fitz, D.Hanley,R.Sherlock,A.Fitzsimmons,A.Carrol,N.Carro l,
A.Barry,P.Maloney
PIKE 11: I.Bennis(sent off),____ C.Enright,P.Purcell,P.Mcgarry,K.Hartnett,Skinner
unsure of the rest...

MitreSize5
25/08/2006, 8:50 AM
can anyone tell me the starting 11....

Bennis,

back three of Droog, Enright and Purcell,

ogrady, hartnett, finucane, mc garry, mitchell,

skinner, morris.

Gifted Boro two goals and then Alan Barry winds up bennis to get him sent off, isnt that supposed to work the other way around. :)

smellyfeet
25/08/2006, 8:57 AM
Bennis,

back three of Droog, Enright and Purcell,

ogrady, hartnett, finucane, mc garry, mitchell,

skinner, morris.

Gifted Boro two goals and then Alan Barry winds up bennis to get him sent off, isnt that supposed to work the other way around. :)

Thanks, did the estonian fella edwardo get a run?

Goals4fun
25/08/2006, 9:27 AM
Thanks, did the estonian fella edwardo get a run?

don't think so. you still after him at newtown ?:D

clownboy
25/08/2006, 9:28 AM
Well done to the Boro they were the much better team last night ..Alan Barry best player on the pitch...Bennis deserved to go to be fair after headbutting barry..The boro look like a good side and look well able for the Physical battle too as Pike tried to play a physical game but the boro lads stood up well..Its good for the league that teams are getting stronger with the likes of the Boro and Granville recording good results in the last week