PDA

View Full Version : Rams v Limerick

Dj Duffer
17/08/2006, 12:56 PM
Big game friday night lads, what sort of support is travelling up? I dont think we have any suspensions for the game do we? Dupruy to score a hat-trick:D :D

gufct
17/08/2006, 2:12 PM
he is very passionate!!!!!!!!!!;)

Dj Duffer
17/08/2006, 5:15 PM
Is his name dupruy r dupuy?!!!

Olander
17/08/2006, 5:35 PM
damien dupuy

Dj Duffer
17/08/2006, 5:41 PM
Alright my bad sorry damien! Dupuy.. Il remember that now!

ramblers
18/08/2006, 9:09 PM
Great result tonight I was a bit worried when dave missed the peno but O neill does it again.

Keeps us in the hunt.

Lim till i die
19/08/2006, 12:35 AM
If ye had an end product ye would have absaolutely hammered us. No complaints here, absolutely SHAMEFUL performance from us :o

nismo
19/08/2006, 10:19 AM
da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da......

nismo
19/08/2006, 10:21 AM
Limerick FC 0-1 Cobh Ramblers
Davin O’Neill fired his sixth goal of the season in the first half at Hogan Park to give Cobh Ramblers a deserved victory over Limerick FC – enough to see the Cork side climb to third spot in the eircom League First Division table.
O’Neill struck a powerful volley past Limerick keeper Austin O’Neill on the half hour mark for the only goal of the game.

Lims keeper O’Neill had been signed as emergency replacement for injured duo Noel Mooney and John Healy in midweek, and he made an immediate impact for the Shannonsiders.

Cobh were awarded a penalty after just four minutes, but O’Neill was equal to the task of keeping out midfielder Dave Warren’s spot-kick.

Robbie Kelleher had Limerick’s best opportunity after half-time but was only able to find the side-netting and Cobh held out for an important win, with Mikey O’Shea coming close to extending their lead late on.

They move ahead of Galway United into third place, still four points behind leaders Shamrock Rovers, while Limerick remain in sixth after their dismal run of results – this was their sixth defeat in eight games. (choke)

Dj Duffer
19/08/2006, 10:25 AM
I thought Rams werent great but il take the away win any day.. By the way limericks support was woeful..

sadloserkid
19/08/2006, 12:15 PM
Pathetic all round from us. We only played any ball in the first twenty minutes and once you lot scored we pretty much fell apart. Goal was taken really well but our left full was badly caught out of position. A miserable night to be a Limerick fan to be honest. Couldn't begrudge you the result. What I wouldn't give to trade Noel O'Connor for Henderson (though he could leave the rather dapper suits behind ;))

Dj Duffer
19/08/2006, 12:40 PM
Hendos has the best dress sense in the league what ya on about?

sadloserkid
19/08/2006, 12:44 PM
Hendos has the best dress sense in the league what ya on about?

We're getting very off topic now but whatever... Henderson would look alright inside in the gloomy lighting of a club somewhere I guess but prowling the sideline of an eircom League game... I dunno... mutton and lamb is the metaphor that comes to mind. And come on, his tan is suspicious too, you'll have to concede that much surely? :)

Anyway to drag things back on topic somewhat I thought that Stevie Yelverton was excellent last night. :ball:

Dj Duffer
19/08/2006, 2:04 PM
Ya stevey was excellent again last nite he has done well in the centre of the park.. Thought davin played well aswell and kev murray was solid.. Oh by the way what is the name of yoare centre back last night he was number five? He won every single header last night!

sadloserkid
20/08/2006, 2:54 PM
Ya stevey was excellent again last nite he has done well in the centre of the park.. Thought davin played well aswell and kev murray was solid.. Oh by the way what is the name of yoare centre back last night he was number five? He won every single header last night!

Our number five was Brian Buckley. He was a junior international centre half before he joined us so naturally he's been marooned out at left-back for most of his time with us thus far under the expert guidance of Noel O'Connor... :(

Dj Duffer
23/08/2006, 9:56 AM
Well i was well impressed with him anyway, hopefully we will snap him up when we get promoted, he would be a handy addition to the squad!!!!!!!!!!

sadloserkid
23/08/2006, 11:09 AM
Well i was well impressed with him anyway, hopefully we will snap him up when we get promoted, he would be a handy addition to the squad!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm... to be honest I'd be surprised if you (or indeed ourselves) make the cut for next season's Super Duper Franchise Football Selection and even if you did Buckley seems to be something of a home town boy. He'd be a good signing for more or less anybody though.

Dj Duffer
23/08/2006, 11:27 AM
What would happen if we actually won the 1st division??

sadloserkid
23/08/2006, 11:47 AM
What would happen if we actually won the 1st division??

The new criteria are suitably vague for the purposes of the FAI. My opinion (and I should stress that it is just my opinion) is that even if Cobh were to win the division they'd be kept down behind Shamrock Rovers, Galway United and possibly Dundalk. There's gonna be twelve teams in this new super league and they're basically being handpicked. Rovers and Dundalk have the history and tradition and Galway have been pretty savvy these last few seasons so I think they're gonna be ushered into this new league. Granted it means that you could go straight up next season... unless the league thinks of a way of screwing the less favoured clubs over again.

Dj Duffer
23/08/2006, 12:33 PM
The league are really making things complicated arent they.. That would be a disgrace if we won the 1st division and didnt get promoted.. But i do think we have a good chance to go into the new "premiership" because we own our ground, were building a new stand, weve new dressing rooms and theres only 1 other club in the NL from cork.

depor
23/08/2006, 11:51 PM
The new criteria are suitably vague for the purposes of the FAI. My opinion (and I should stress that it is just my opinion) is that even if Cobh were to win the division they'd be kept down behind Shamrock Rovers, Galway United and possibly Dundalk. There's gonna be twelve teams in this new super league and they're basically being handpicked. Rovers and Dundalk have the history and tradition and Galway have been pretty savvy these last few seasons so I think they're gonna be ushered into this new league. Granted it means that you could go straight up next season... unless the league thinks of a way of screwing the less favoured clubs over again.

have to agree with ya there. the vaguer the criteria the easier it is for the fai to make excuses and twist their way out of making fair decisions.

Comic Book Guy
24/08/2006, 12:21 AM
I would have to disagree with the whole tradition thingy when choosing the teams for this new division, after all if the same argument was to be applied,(let's say hypothetically) that something similar happened in England 4 years ago), then on tradition (i.e trophies won etc.) and financial criteria , the likes of Chelsea would be rightly shafted, it could be argued then that the likes of Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa would have had a stronger case than Chelsea, but we all know what has happened in the last few seasons! Tradition in any league doesn't count for squat, it's the here and now that matters. I never had any faith in the FAI/EL, all the new proposals smack of committee thinking. But, if we finish above the likes of Galway, Dundalk and Rovers at the end of the season and don't make it in to the new super-duper, de-lux, cure-all Premier Division I will be pretty angry, yet I will probably accept it as long as there is a fair and realistic chance of promotion to this new division in the seasons to come.
I won't hold my breath though because I imagine that they will move the goalposts from season to season.

DmanDmythDledge
24/08/2006, 12:32 AM
I won't hold my breath though because I imagine that they will move the goalposts from season to season.
The FAI claim that the criteria will only apply this season and won't be used again.

The Rebel Ram
24/08/2006, 8:06 PM
The FAI claim that the criteria will only apply this season and won't be used again.

And you could trust them with your life..............:p

DmanDmythDledge
24/08/2006, 8:11 PM
And you could trust them with your life..............:p
That's why I said claim.:D