PDA

View Full Version : Fulltime CCFC squad

pete
29/07/2002, 5:34 PM
What would it take to have a fulltime CCFC squad (could keep some of the good players who want to stay part-time......)

5,000 at our home games would surely go a long way towards?

Troy.McClure
29/07/2002, 6:28 PM
To have a squad of 17 fulltime pro's, on a salary of £25,000 (€31,750)would workout at £425,000 (€539,750) per year + a fulltime manager and coach, about an extra £40,000 (€50,800) and £35,000 (€44,450) respectively would bring the total upto £500,000 (€634,500). You'd also need to get a part time physio, we'll say £15,000 (€19,050) + have your extra part-time coaches (how about 2 x £10,000 - €25,400). Utility expences would also rise from present levels, again, we'll estimate £5,000 (€6,350) + an extra £5,000 (€6,350) for stuff that Im forgeting. Thats £545,000, or €692150, which is £10,480 (€13310) per calander week.

The club would have no more than 20 compeditive home matches a year so it would need to get £27,250 (€34,608) for every match.
Assumuing that the attendance is made up of 50% adults, 25% OAP'S & u-14 & 25% children at €8, €5 & €3 respectively, and we get an average attendance of 4,000, we would have €24,000 (£18,900) in gate reciepts a week + programme sales + half-time draws, neither of which would amount to anything huge I'd say. All that added up (minus expences such as ESB) would be €25,000 in from each match. So €25,000 x 20 = €500,000 (£393,700).

£545,000 (€692,150) - £393,700 (€500,000) = £151,300 (€192,150) left to pay. Bohs reciently got a shirt sponcership worth €100,000 (£78,740), so assuming we get the same sort of deal, we have €92,150 (£72,560) left to pay off.

I couldnt say how much the club gets/could get from bill boards pitch side, remember, the profits from these would have to be shared with the MFA, also, the gate reciepts I gave earlier would have to be split with the MFA & the FAI.

So at the end of the day the club needs to rase £72,560 (€92,150) per year away from gate reciepts & shirt sponcership just to pay the first-teams' way. The Youth Accademy should be covered for the next 3 years from the Leicter City deal (stg£50,000 per year) but after that we'll be looking at more expences for that (I cant see Leicter renewing the deal). There are also other expences such as travel, promotion, the other squads, board dividands, accountants/solicitors fees, and credits, such as merchandise and the shirt deal with LCS (of which Ive got no financial clue/info) to take into account, so some one else will have to fill in the blanks there.

Peadar
30/07/2002, 7:36 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
also, the gate reciepts I gave earlier would have to be split with the MFA & the FAI. I don't think that the MFA get a % of the gate receipts.
AFAIK they get rent for the lease agreement.
The FAI don't get anything from the gate receipts.
They get annual registration fees and that's it.
Few clubs consider gate receipts as a major source of income and some don't even include them in their budget.
Sponsorship is a major source of income.

dalo
30/07/2002, 8:20 AM
so the bottom line is is that we can't really affford to go full time. to be honest as discussed before a club can't take attendances into account when estimating their accounts. they have to assume that no-one will be at the games and then work out accordingly - it's how shels manage to keep going.

i assume though it is sometime lennox is looking at perhaps in the long term. in the immediate term he probably is gearing for devolping other areas. there is no point in running before we can walk

pete
30/07/2002, 9:48 AM
I won't agree with Troys figures as i'm not even going to start going into that detail.

If the club was to move towards fulltime status i think it could easily up the entrance fee to 10 euro & pro rata increases for students, OAPs etc.... I'm sure the cotre support would gladly pay the extra amount & even the sunshiners be pleased to contribute if see the cash going somewhere.

I'm sure the reason $hel$ calculate their finaces on the basis of zero supporters is cos they know they aren't likely to get many supporters even if top of the table.

If Bohs can support a fulltime squad on average crowds of 2,500 its got to be within the scope of CCFC. Sure Bohs got revenue from club bars 'n stuff but its cheaper to live in Cork......

dalo
30/07/2002, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by pete
If Bohs can support a fulltime squad on average crowds of 2,500 its got to be within the scope of CCFC. Sure Bohs got revenue from club bars 'n stuff but its cheaper to live in Cork......

i mean if bohs can get des kelly the carpet man to give them a shirt deal of 100 K then surely ccfc should be questioning are they they getting full value form the guinness deal.

how can bohs successfully lobby that kind of sponsorship. i still reckon ccfc going pro could be a long while off. we still aren't inthat position though theere is no reason why can we can't be more PROFESSIONAL in our dealings and approach. the former is a matter of cash the latter is only a matter of ideas:cool:

A face
30/07/2002, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by dalo

i mean if bohs can get des kelly the carpet man to give them a shirt deal of 100 K

how can bohs successfully lobby that kind of sponsorship.

It is alot easier for them as they have recently won the league and have done very well in Europe. I'd imagine that has alot to do with it, if we were to win the league or the cup, then it would really raise the profile of the club and give us more clout when bidding for sponcership and advertising deals, at the moment with crowds of over 4,000 and a great presentation of the home games on Churos, the cost of having and advertising hoarding on the Derrynane Road side should nearly double.

Sid
30/07/2002, 10:32 PM
A friend of mine played for Cobh against Boez in the cup last year. After the game some dodgy looking geezer who looked like he bought his clothes in 'drug dealers r us', bought both teams a few rounds, when he asked a Boez player who he was, he said he was a businessman who give Boez a few grand every year. I don't think many if any local businessmen put there hand in their pockets for city.