PDA

View Full Version : Czech republic hammered at home

Forever Dreamin
17/08/2006, 12:00 AM
Czech lose 3 1 at home to serbia, i reckon that our group is a race for second between 4 second rate teams, czech, slovakia us and Wales and even after tonights disaster we are a good bet to get 2nd!

pineapple stu
17/08/2006, 12:05 AM
Scant consolation.

Cyprus only lose 2-0 away to Romania. I'd be more worried about them passing us than us passing the Czechs at this stage, to be honest.

Closed Account 2
17/08/2006, 12:12 AM
To be fair the Serbs are a very strong side (politics ruined their world cup with the coach-son fiasco and the Montenegro issue). They have some very underrated players and I wouldnt fancy us to beat them.

drinkfeckarse
17/08/2006, 9:08 AM
The Serbs are a good team and 3-1 at home is hardly a hammering....4-0 at home is a hammering.

eirebhoy
17/08/2006, 11:35 AM
The Serbs are a good team and 3-1 at home is hardly a hammering....4-0 at home is a hammering.
tbf, this was the absolute banker of the year imo. I've never seen Ireland field a worse centre back partnership. We played better than Holland in the 2nd half but it wasn't going to be hard for them to score. :)

BaZmO*
17/08/2006, 12:24 PM
Czech lose 3 1 at home to serbia, i reckon that our group is a race for second between 4 second rate teams, czech, slovakia us and Wales and even after tonights disaster we are a good bet to get 2nd!
You can't really judge how we're gonna do against any particular team by comparing results, especially friendlies. If you do go down that route you might aswell say that because Germany beat Sweden 3-0 tonight we will draw against them in Stuttgart because we beat the Swedes by the same result.

Junior
17/08/2006, 1:13 PM
tbf, this was the absolute banker of the year imo. I've never seen Ireland field a worse centre back partnership. We played better than Holland in the 2nd half but it wasn't going to be hard for them to score. :)

We played better than Holland in the 2nd half????? I think not.

The defence in general was at sixes and sevens and the CB partnership played its it part in that alright Id agree!!!

eirebhoy
17/08/2006, 1:37 PM
We played better than Holland in the 2nd half????? I think not.
I'm about to watch the match again on DVD but from the North Terrace there was very little action down our end. McGeady, O'Brien and Doyle seemed to have a lot of the ball in the 2nd half and it seemed we created more than the Dutch in the 2nd half.

Junior
17/08/2006, 2:04 PM
We were definitely better in the second half (Doyle, McGeady,Douglas, O'Brien), but better than the Dutch? Not imo.

Yer a glutten for punishment eirebhoy, watching that again!!!

eirebhoy
17/08/2006, 2:32 PM
Yer a glutten for punishment eirebhoy, watching that again!!!
Tell me about it. :o

I downloaded the goals from the Czech match just there and their defence looked as bad as ours. Jankolouvski gifted them the 2nd goal and I don't know where the right back was for the 3rd.

shakermaker1982
17/08/2006, 2:42 PM
Wales are the team I fear most after the Germans. The Czechs like us are in a transition phase.

Condex
17/08/2006, 4:16 PM
Wales are the team I fear most after the Germans. The Czechs like us are in a transition phase.

Transition from what to what!!!

Schumi
17/08/2006, 4:22 PM
Transition from what to what!!!

Bad to worse.

shakermaker1982
17/08/2006, 9:04 PM
Bad to worse.

that about sums it up!!!

Until last night I was optimistic we could somehow qualify. Now I fear bloody Wales and Slovakia :(