PDA

View Full Version : What's it like to win 9-0?

dalo
29/07/2002, 8:09 AM
Received news of the 9-0 result in whelan's at 12.05 saturday morning.

Delighted for city disgusted I wasn't at it. Missing out on a bit of history and all that.

So guys from a fan's and spectator's point of view what was it like to watch? Was it a boring win (like germany and saudi Arabia) or were City plaing high octane brasilian football ?

Also heard the news on Grady - any updates there?

Ali-G
29/07/2002, 9:40 AM
superb stuff on Friday night. The new lads are such a breath of fresh air. Could easily have been 15-0. Cant wait for the multi-channel tomorrow night. The highlights should be about 2 hours long. I think a City team of old would have broken the resolve of Glenmore, and got a workmanlike win. This city team is all about football. Real entertainment for the crowd.

Last year, our top scorers were Ollie and Hartigol with 7 goals. O Flynn has got 7 in 3 games this season.

Sad to see O Grady get injured. Looked very serious.

Got the new jersey too. Love it. Dont know if that's because of the jersey, or because of what it represents (total football)

Brazil 1970
Holland 1974
Cork City 2002

Neil
29/07/2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Brazil 1970
Holland 1974
Cork City 2002
Nice one! :D

Some of the touches from Georgio were what made the night for me. He is a magician with the ball.

Billy Woods' second goal (into the Shed End) was one of the best goals at the Cross since........ well Georgio's against Shels!

dalo
29/07/2002, 10:43 AM
i was talking to a guy in work. he said the scores were a bit flattering as junior clubs season only starts in august and some have not even begun pre-season training.:rolleyes:

disgusted i missed it though:mad:

Éanna
29/07/2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by dalo
disgusted i missed it though:mad:
join the club

James
29/07/2002, 4:41 PM
Whats its like to win 9-0

pretty ****ing damn good i tell you

patsh
30/07/2002, 7:25 AM
This probably sounds silly, but I thought the ref was a disgrace. Refs are supposed to be impartial, but he made no attempt to hide the fact that he felt sorry for G/D. There were three clear penalties and he only gave one, the number 14 who came on for G/D should have been sent off on 2 different occcasions and I lost count of the amount of tackles he did nothing about.
Now I know City hammered G/D, but the ref should apply the rules to everyone and ignore the score. I also figure that he played 39 minutes in the second half. No injury time was added on and there was over 3 minutes for Conor O'Grady, more than 2 for the G/D keeper who could not take anymore and decided his leg was about to fall off, plus various other small stoppages and the substitutions. It's easily overlooked when a game is not close, but imho, Buttimer was even worse than O'Neill in the UCD game. When are the FAI going to do something about this? (and I know the answer is never:( ..)
Outside of that, it was an incredible night and I just hope O'Flynn is nailed down to City....;)
Billy Woods......
Billy Woods..........
I think that his second goal was one of the best, if not the best goal, ever scored in Turner's cross.
That goal made up for every sh*tty, wet miserable Sunday I spent out the cross last season.
Thanks Billy, welcome home (again)......:D

Neil
30/07/2002, 10:31 AM
Apparently at one stage Joe Reynolds - the G/D manager - told Liam Murphy to get Goerge O'Callaghan to stop taking the ****, because one of their players was "going to get him"!

He didn't realise that he was doing the same against Shels two weeks before!

Éanna
01/08/2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Apparently at one stage Joe Reynolds - the G/D manager - told Liam Murphy to get Goerge O'Callaghan to stop taking the ****, because one of their players was "going to get him"!
And i thought 4th officials had a purpose. If an exchange such as that occcurred the fourth official should have stepped in and G/D should be crucified for it.