PDA

View Full Version : One of the biggest days of my life tomorrow

liam88
16/08/2006, 8:52 PM
...A LEVEL RESULTS IN JUST OVER 11 AND A HALF HOURS!

I'm so scared -this can change so much; university, career, self-confidence and the enjoyment of the rest of my summer are all on the line.....

I've said my prayers and I'm trusting God and the work I put in!

But I'm still so scared!

strangeirish
16/08/2006, 9:10 PM
I'm so scared -this can change so much; university, career, self-confidence and the enjoyment of the rest of my summer are all on the line.....

Jeez, I thought you were getting married there for a minute!:D

Ach, no worries there Liam. You'll be just fine. Nothing anyone else doesn't go through the night before results come out. This time Friday, you'll be trying to jump into bed, the next time it comes around that is!:cool:

sligoman
16/08/2006, 10:36 PM
Too late to do anything about it now anyway!:D.

drinkfeckarse
17/08/2006, 7:52 AM
I'm sure you'll be a happy man this morning Liam and if they didn't go like you planned then hey...life's too short to be worrying about what it says on a bit of paper. You can always re-sit if needs be.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have done brilliantly.

liam88
17/08/2006, 9:16 AM
Thanks for the good wishes guys!! Got ma results this morning.....

Politics A
History A
English Literature B
History Advanced Extension Award Passed with distinction
Critical Thinking (AS Level) A

What this means:

I'm onto my course! British Politics and Legislative Studies at Hull. I'll spend 2years studying at Hull then a year working for an MP at Westminster before returning to Hull for my final year.

:D

Good luck to everyone else getting results!!!

BohsPartisan
17/08/2006, 9:24 AM
then a year working for an MP at Westminster !!!

Hope they don't make you wear stockings and suspenders!!! :eek:

Well done btw, fantastic results.

drinkfeckarse
17/08/2006, 10:06 AM
Politics A
History A
English Literature B

Gone are the days of simple, English, Maths, Engineering etc :confused: . I know the English education system is different but "Critical Thinking" :eek: :D

Well done Liam, enjoy the rest of your hols.

the 12 th man
17/08/2006, 10:13 AM

Politics A
History A
English Literature B

Congratulations Liam,great results.:cool:

Drumcondra Red
17/08/2006, 11:59 AM

Politics A
History A
English Literature B

Nerd! Why did the swots in school always worry about results when they had nothing to worry about??? Does my head in that!

pete
17/08/2006, 12:04 PM

Whats dem subjects?

I noticed that while were 54k Leaving Cert students here only approx 300k A Level students in england. By weigh of population should be 500k+ A Level students in england.

Is there that many people not finishing school in England?

:confused:

carrickharp
17/08/2006, 1:08 PM
Well done kid, all the best with college life!

sligoman
17/08/2006, 1:16 PM
Does my head in that!Same with me, so ****ing annoying!

Drumcondra Red
17/08/2006, 1:40 PM
Same with me, so ****ing annoying!

Thought I was the only one for a while there!!! Anyway no congratulations from me as you were clearly never in doubt of passing them!!! :D

paul_oshea
17/08/2006, 2:20 PM
i never worried, i didnt do that much study either drum, i was just bright ;) :D

Congrats liam good results, no offence but i do often wonder about the english education system......you can walk into a banking job after the gcse's.............................

sligoman
17/08/2006, 2:25 PM
no offence but i do often wonder about the english education system......you can walk into a banking job after the gcse's.............................Yeah, I have relatives over there and I know their exams leaves you more more options than the leaving cert.

Paddyfield
17/08/2006, 5:02 PM
I'm onto my course! British Politics and Legislative Studies at Hull. I'll spend 2years studying at Hull

Well done liam88. Enjoy your time in Kellybegs City a.k.a Hull.

Raheny Red
17/08/2006, 10:41 PM
Nerd! Why did the swots in school always worry about results when they had nothing to worry about??? Does my head in that!

Indeed. One of my mates got 555 yday, more than likely has his course rapped up but is getting a few checked cause he knows he did better :eek: :rolleyes:

steno
18/08/2006, 8:09 AM
Well done liam88 and best of luck with Uni

RogerMilla
18/08/2006, 8:54 AM
good man liam
uni are the best years of your life as long as you can keep on top of your courses, cheap beer , loose women , tremendous times!!

Rory H
18/08/2006, 12:44 PM
heard 96% pass those exams.......even id pass them probably:p

jdexter
18/08/2006, 3:21 PM
Same with me, so ****ing annoying!

Yep, exactly the same, building up un-neccessary tension etc. i find this a trait of girls usually; saying oh my god Im so scared- knowing full well- like this young fella that they have nothing to worry about. Still, well done though you must have worked or cheated very hard! :)

Babysis
20/08/2006, 9:35 AM
Well done liam. Thats great news. enjoy celebrating.