15/08/2006, 7:48 PM
Come on Athlone!

Buller
15/08/2006, 9:32 PM
ended 2-0 to the super hoops!! ;)

DvB
16/08/2006, 8:04 AM
Come on Athlone!

I wouldnt want to be relying on that Athlone side to do anybody a favour to be fair, they look a struggling side at best!! An outstanding goalkeeper & thats about it!

Koh

Battery Rover
16/08/2006, 9:50 AM
The problem we have is we are restructuring and there is nothing to play for this season for us. We are operating totally withing our means on a budget I believe of less that €2500 per week. This results in a very small squad and when we get injuries and suspensions we have to pull from the under 21s.

We are a pretty hard team to beat with a full first 11 out ask galway or Dundalk that. Think that might happen against Kildare this Friday hopefully or if not against Harps in the Cup all going well.

Take the 6/5 on us against Kildare with Paddy Powers.:)

Mark Breen
16/08/2006, 10:12 AM
I wouldnt want to be relying on that Athlone side to do anybody a favour to be fair, they look a struggling side at best!! An outstanding goalkeeper & thats about it!

Koh

There keeper was poor, not very agile and i wouldn't see him go any higher than athlone,

Did you see what he did for your first goal, good shot from rovers should have been pushed away (first thing an 8 year old learns) instead he pushes it right in front of him for rowe to pick up and walk into the next,

Not much he could do for the second, brutal defending and a nice finish was it cassidy who scored it

to call the keeper outstanding is like calling your right winger outstanding (number 7) the poor bloke cuoldn't cross the road,

DvB
16/08/2006, 10:50 AM
to call the keeper outstanding is like calling your right winger outstanding (number 7) the poor bloke cuoldn't cross the road,

'Outstanding' was IMO his standard in comparison to the rest of the Athlone team on display. He may have made a mistake for the first goal but he pulled off 3 or 4 decent saves which could easily have gone in & resulted in a far more one sided scoreline, and yep our second was scored by David Cassidy, good finish from a good ball from O'Brien.

& leave our Jamie alone (no.7), he does try!!

Koh

NY Hoop
16/08/2006, 10:52 AM
There keeper was poor, not very agile and i wouldn't see him go any higher than athlone,

Did you see what he did for your first goal, good shot from rovers should have been pushed away (first thing an 8 year old learns) instead he pushes it right in front of him for rowe to pick up and walk into the next,

Not much he could do for the second, brutal defending and a nice finish was it cassidy who scored it

Absolutely correct. For those Hoops with short memories their keeper last night was Robbie Forde. His fault for the first goal without a doubt. One of the most frustrating keepers I have ever seen play for Rovers. Only thing he was good at was saving penalties. Shocking for someone of his size to lose concentration as he has done countless times in his career. Outstanding?:eek:

They had Danny O'Leary in goal when we played them at the start of the season. A very decent keeper IMO.

KOH

WeAreRovers
16/08/2006, 10:57 AM
Absolutely correct. For those Hoops with short memories their keeper last night was Robbie Forde.

Only realised it was Robbie Forde when I read the paper this morning. :eek:

KOH

Ash
16/08/2006, 11:00 AM
For those Hoops with short memories their keeper last night was Robbie Forde.

They had Danny O'Leary in goal when we played them at the start of the season. A very decent keeper IMO.
KOH

We definately signed the wrong brother!
His nickname on the terraces is "The Osterich" as he's large and flightless.

Danny O'Leary is one of the best keepers in the Division (imho)

sligoman
16/08/2006, 11:05 AM
Forde's nickname on our terraces is *****, after he shoved a 10 year old ballboy to the ground while playing for Galway.

BohDiddley
16/08/2006, 12:08 PM
Driving by Tolka (by accident) last night and find myself in a throng of (well, some) Hoops spilling out after the match. Hadn't had the radio on so I wound down the window and asked the first person I saw who won. It was a female garda.
Her answer? 'Shels'!

BohsPartisan
16/08/2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe she just heard someone paid Ollie's tax bill!

Mark Breen
16/08/2006, 12:30 PM
& leave our Jamie alone (no.7), he does try!!

Koh
I take it from that you also don't think he's great

I seen cassidy playing on the right a few weeks ago (think it was monaghan)
Though he was a super right winger and if he was on the right last night he would have caused an awful lot more problems than Jamie

Anyway you looked solid and Rowe looked like a good player, in that league

Battery Rover
16/08/2006, 12:40 PM

He is decent on and off the pitch. Danny has saved us from many a serious defeat and would be worthy of a place on any team IMO. When we travelled in numbers for the postponed match at the start of the season we had been in contact with him as he was already in Tolka with the ref for the first inspection. When he let us know that the match was postponed after the second inspection and heard that we were in the Cat and Cage he even came up for a chat and a few drinks. A great friend of The Cootes.

WeAreRovers
16/08/2006, 1:07 PM
I think DvB was confusing Forde with Danny O'Leary, who is a good keeper. I also think Levine could still do a job for one of the smaller Premier clubs like Waterford, Bray or Bohs, if he was arsed that is.

KOH

DvB
16/08/2006, 1:24 PM
I take it from that you also don't think he's great

I seen cassidy playing on the right a few weeks ago (think it was monaghan)
Though he was a super right winger and if he was on the right last night he would have caused an awful lot more problems than Jamie

Anyway you looked solid and Rowe looked like a good player, in that league

He has is moments but hasnt set the division alight, Cassidy is a far better player IMO & has a better end product whilst consistently producing it also!

Rowe has done well since coming into the team, he links up play well but despite scoring twice (both v Athlone) to me doesnt look a out & out goalscorer, though once we're winning i dont really mind who scores the goals to be honest.

Can't believe that was Forde in goal last night!! Explains the whoops-a-daisy for the first goal though! I just assumed it was the same keeper we faced a few weeks ago & earlier in the season who looked easily the second best keeper in the first division!;)

Koh

Terry
16/08/2006, 8:19 PM
Fordies nickname is "Dopey" and he is not a brother of David.