PDA

View Full Version : Barry Fry on John O'Flynn

pete
26/07/2002, 10:21 AM
Article in the Sun today.

Says he didn't want to let O'Flynn go but the board had told him he couldn't resign players who were out of contract & hadn't played enough games.

Seems to rate O'Flynn highly saying he wouldn't be surprsied if succeeded at the very top & player for Ireland. Before they had to leave him go Peterboro had offers from other clubs to yake him too. Once again mentioned the fitness problems O'Flynn had (seems to have a few injuries) & indicated his chances of future success be good if can keep injury free.

dalo
26/07/2002, 10:33 AM
what injuries were that? speaking of which what is the story with jimmy's grimble injury? i heard it is long term - any news?

Gary
26/07/2002, 1:40 PM
If your on about JF Mulligan its just a routine hernia operation which he is out for 3 months with. Im wondering will he ever get back into the City fold now, considering there is so much competition. personally id sell him, wed get aroung €15000 id say, plus it would be a weight off the wage bill.

(its not that I dont rate or dislike him, i just reckon that he would be better off elsewhere.)

dalo
26/07/2002, 1:45 PM
no i disagree. jimmy isn't a bad player at all, his workrate is incredible and he is a good goalscorer (if not a natural finisher). to lose him would only weaken our squad and every squad needs 4 /5 strikers (cpob, jimmy, p flynn, george as well as s o'flynn on loan with pat indisposed)

pete
26/07/2002, 2:07 PM
Her was referring to John O'Flynns injuries at Peterboro.

Jimmy Mulligans future doesn't look too good, i presume hes on the last year of his contract & wouldn't be keen to resign anyway given the lack of goals since his arrival.

Even if city wanted to sell him now i doubt any club would pay money for a player who be out of contact shortly.

shedboy
26/07/2002, 3:04 PM
Don't know pete.What about that club who bought Mick Devine when his contract with waterford was up in a month!

Éanna
27/07/2002, 11:52 AM
I'd like to see Jimmy given another chance. He really is our only striker with a good bi of experience now, so I think we'd do well to hang on to him.

Brotus
29/07/2002, 10:19 AM
MULLIGAN OUT!!! :D

Fry Out
29/07/2002, 8:06 PM
Any thing Fry says he talks out his A*se,The sooner we get rid of him the better.
Hope O'flynn does well for you in the new season
UP THE POSH

Gary
30/07/2002, 11:02 AM
Cheers man. Want to swap managers??

:D :D

Fry Out
30/07/2002, 3:29 PM
Him,He may come over as a chirpy,cheeky ****ney but he hasn't got a clue ,he has his favourites that have followed him from club to club any players like O'flynn were never given a fair crack of the whip. I'm sure the 1000+ fans that refuse to go while Fry is at the club would love to swap with your manager.
All the Best
UP THE POSH

dalo
30/07/2002, 3:32 PM
Brian lennox is a great fan of the Fry:)

joe
30/07/2002, 5:25 PM
Originally posted by dalo
Brian lennox is a great fan of the Fry:)

of all the lame chip-shop puns we've had that one really takes the biscuit :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
01/08/2002, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by joe

of all the lame chip-shop puns we've had that one really takes the biscuit :rolleyes: Shouldnt it be 'take the chip'? :confused: :rolleyes: