PDA

View Full Version : Limerick's Cup keeper

pineapple stu
15/08/2006, 12:51 PM
Austin O'Neill (http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=38357). :D

joeSoap
15/08/2006, 1:06 PM
Of course you know who the hero of the penalty shoot out in the forthcoming cup game is going to be, don't you?? :D ;)

John83
15/08/2006, 2:01 PM
Yeah, Darren Quigley. He'll take his time leaving the goal after saving his first penalty and O'Neill will blow another fuse and run off home with the ball.

Schumi
22/08/2006, 12:18 PM
Apparently O'Neill hasn't got into our first team since Darren Quigley came through. :D http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=24001

John83
22/08/2006, 12:31 PM
Quality journalism!

LFC in Exile
23/08/2006, 10:38 AM
Well, now looks like he won't be playing after all. Wasn't registered 14 days prior to the match and FAI turned down our appeal. http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=39032

Poor Student
23/08/2006, 11:00 AM
Wow, apparently they'll be a midfielder in goal on Saturday.:eek:

pineapple stu
23/08/2006, 12:51 PM
Just when you think the league can't get any stupider...

CollegeTillIDie
23/08/2006, 6:27 PM
Oh pineapple never underestimate the depths of human stupidity. And it when it comes to Football club administrators, doubly so !

LFC in Exile
24/08/2006, 11:11 AM
In fairness lads there is little we can do about it. We have three keepers on the books - in line I am sure with other clubs - and it is just bad luck that all three get crocked at the same time. :(

In any event lads, don't rely too much on Tommy Barrett being crap - he has played gaelic football and was a goalkeeper up to youths level.

Student Mullet
24/08/2006, 12:02 PM
May I point out that the FAI cup is run entirely by the FAI and not by the league so anyone who thinks this type of rubbish will improve after the merger is kidding themselves.

If neither club has an objection to a new keeper, why should the FAI raise one?

LFC in Exile
24/08/2006, 1:23 PM
May I point out that the FAI cup is run entirely by the FAI and not by the league so anyone who thinks this type of rubbish will improve after the merger is kidding themselves.

If neither club has an objection to a new keeper, why should the FAI raise one?

Because it creates a precedent.There is a reason that players need to signed a specified period of time before a game. It's not too difficult to imagine a situation where a club tries to bring in a keeper on loan before a final by pretending the current ones are injured. If the FAI go down the road of judging each incident separately we end up with a GAA-type situation - we do not want that. And while UCD may not object now what happens after you lose?

I think we have to take it on the chin. :cool:

CollegeTillIDie
24/08/2006, 10:00 PM
Given the keeper in question was Austin O'Neill,whom we know only too well, eh we would not have lost! :D

DmanDmythDledge
26/08/2006, 11:30 PM
Just to point out that John Brophy was the player who injured Limerick's last fit goalkeeper!

lim abroad
26/08/2006, 11:32 PM
In any event lads, don't rely too much on Tommy Barrett being crap - he has played gaelic football and was a goalkeeper up to youths level.

tommy barrett wasn't a keeper,he played full back for geraldines as far as i can remember.played a couple of games in goals for fairview when they were stuck alright.