PDA

View Full Version : Limerick sign Keeper

clownboy
15/08/2006, 12:42 PM
http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=5187

Limerick have added goalkeeper Austin O'Neill to their squad for the rest of the season in a bid to ease their goalkeeping crisis. Noel Mooney went off injured at the weekend and joins fellow keepers John Healy and Seamus O'Regan on the injured list.

O'Neill previously played for UCD and Bohemians and is set to make his debut for Limerick in Friday's First Division game against Cobh Ramblers at Hogan Park.

John Healy could be available for selection soon too as he returns to training

eamoss
15/08/2006, 12:48 PM
Did he play with Dundalk back in 2002?

pineapple stu
15/08/2006, 12:50 PM
Austin O'Neill?!?!?!

Class - can't wait to welcome the f***er back to Belfield!

He walked out on the club before a match against Shamrock Rovers. Pete Mahon's first game in charge after Doolin sodded off, and Pete dropped O'Neill (who'd played the previous three games) and restored Jennings to the No 1 spot. O'Neill walked out in the dressing room beforehand. Idiot.

Terry
16/08/2006, 7:46 AM
well he had to leave at some stage !!!

sadloserkid
16/08/2006, 11:40 AM
Austin O'Neill?!?!?!... Idiot.

But is he in any way any good at actually goalkeeping? :confused:

pineapple stu
16/08/2006, 12:41 PM
well he had to leave at some stage !!!
:confused:

Obviously, but not half an hour before a game!!

But is he in any way any good at actually goalkeeping?
Actually...I didn't think he was that bad, to be honest. Only vague recollections of him at this stage - he only played three games - but I recall some insane treks through bodies to punch away crosses well and things like that. He did concede over a goal a game though. Helped by a 3-0 defeat against Longford which is the only one of the three games I can recall!