PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy the jersey yet?

Ali-G
26/07/2002, 8:09 AM
Anyone venture down to the cross yesterday to buy the new jersey? €50 is a bit steep, but a small price to pay for a piece of footballing history. "2002, the year that hoof broke"

dalo
26/07/2002, 8:54 AM
i think it's hideous (the jersey) although I will probably end up getting it. it would be great if the club reissued the old jersey's from the mid 80's and early 90's. clubs across the water do a great trade in old kit reissues

pete
26/07/2002, 9:21 AM
Originally posted by dalo
i think it's hideous (the jersey).....

whats wrong with it?

:confused:

dalo
26/07/2002, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by pete

whats wrong with it?

:confused:

It's the colour and the design - it looks all too glaring. Personally I was a lot happier when they went to all red a couple of years ago. I know orginally they had green and white in the colours but the hoops were really good in 1984-198?. i thought they should have went back to that if anything.

However changing and diluting colours isn't a good idea I M O.

pete
26/07/2002, 10:11 AM
But aside from the colour (IMO needs more than token amount of red) is the qualioty as good as the current red le coq jersey?

The Addidas 'shiney' red jerseys were terrible quality.

Neil
26/07/2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pete
is the quality as good as the current red le coq jersey?

The quality is better IMO than the red one. It's a lighter, airier (word?) material.

It's also got "CORK CITY FC" across the back of the collar, which I think looks good.

Neil
26/07/2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
€50 is a bit steep
I don't think so. Most of the World Cup team jerseys were €65-70. And I'd say the Premiershi* jersey are something similar.

pete
26/07/2002, 11:43 AM
Yeah 50euro is fine as its only around £40. I'd say the foreign jerseys must be around £45 sterling. Ireland international jerseys at 65 euro+

Neil
26/07/2002, 11:45 AM
Even though I've liked most of the Le Coq Sportif jerseys, the club have to drop LCS for next season. It's a joke that a new jersey arrives three weeks into the season.

If these green jerseys were on sale during the World Cup, they'd have cleaned up.

A face
26/07/2002, 12:23 PM
The Green Jersey !!

*It is cheaper than all the other jerseys (British Jerseys, National Jerseys)

*It is good quality, as good if not better than any other jersey that you will get.

*It is better than the Adidas shiny ones

*There is for and against the green colour change

*It could be a good jersey to get as it might mark the end/start of an era ..... "The Hoof"

*It has Cork City FC on the collar, which is a good addition.

*It is new.

And we had to wait two months last year so the time delay has improved this year, and to be honest ... i didn't like it at first but it has grown on me, if you actually look at it, it is a really nice jersey, i'd say it'll be one of the best.

Troy.McClure
26/07/2002, 2:15 PM
I thought that it as vile when I first saw it, but its growing on me too. €50 just looks steep, but if ti were £40 no-one would really say too much.

The "shiney" red ones were made by LCS btw, not Adidas (I know, Ive got it). Its also a vast improvement on the other green shiney one... yuch!... but Ive got that aswell!:o

RedReb
26/07/2002, 5:41 PM
new jersey is mint and its the best material yet.

mouldymurphy
26/07/2002, 8:40 PM
this years wait was because they decided to change it so soon to the season start