PDA

View Full Version : Bohs match - Comments.

pdebruin
14/08/2006, 9:34 AM
Hi All,

Didn't make it down for the Bohs game. Any points of interest, bright spots at all? Starting to feel a bit like Groundhog Day reading posts the Monday after a match !!

BrayUnknowns
14/08/2006, 10:00 AM
Groundhog Day is right !

Right from the very start we made thing duiffucult for ourselves, nothing new there i suppose.

There 1st goal came from yet another error from our defenders. A very simple clearence was totally scuffed to Ward, who was let run into the box and shoot. It should have never happened. Doyle then scored a goal from a excellent Franco pass but was given offside, very very tight decision.

Bohs then hit the bar twice, but yet again they came from schoolboy mistakes. We had 2 really good chances to equalise before the break but didn't take them, but they weren't down to bad finishnig, just centimeters away from connecting - both Doyle and Deans, with a bit of luck could had scored from headers.

In truth we were very lucky to be only 1 down at half time. I actually thought to myself that Bohs would be made to pay because the game should have been over and done with after half an hour of the game.

2nd half started the very same the way the 1st one finished, with Bohs on the attack. Deans was booked for an off the ball tug on Paul Devlin's jersey in the 1st half, and then for some unknown reason decided to try and play goalkeeper by punching the ball clear ! fully deaserved 2nd yellow card. It could so easily have been a red. It was all bohs by this stage.

We were loosing 2 nil, down to ten men and probably the strangest decision of the night was made. McGuirk decides to take off W.Tyrrell and bring Mick Roche on........ What was to be gained from that ? if anyone has an answer please post it.

Bohs then went 3 up from another mistake at the back, Giffy, yet again, was caught out of position, the ball was put ni and easily finished as the marking was non-existant.

Doyle should have then pulled one back but blazed over from about 6 or 7 yards, very poor miss ! but he was probably our best player on the night i thought. Very little else to take from the match if i'm being honest !

pdebruin
14/08/2006, 11:00 AM
...thaks for the info on the match, can never glean (is that even a word?) too much information from the match reports in the papers.

Yep, sounds like a familiar refrain alright, early sloppy goal, mystifying management, only thing that was missing was the obligatory last 10 minute goal.?

jonboy
14/08/2006, 11:43 AM
the goal almost came franco lobbed their keeper from about 20 yds and he made a great save but overall very depressing and the monsoon didn't help

braysnumber1
14/08/2006, 1:00 PM
absolutly joke of a game from bray. not one of the players turned up for that game it was pathetic. there is no spirit or moral within the squad. tactics (if any)= pathetic. tony i think has offered nothing extra than what devo cud. at least devo had experience and took no sh!t from the players.

the new signings (apart from rogers) tha have been given a chance dont seem to be better than the previous players. i feel sorry for rogers, moving to bray for tha sh!te. conceding goals is not just a its not a goalkeeping problem its up to the defense as well as the midfield and forwards.

a big change is needed - new manager and a big clear out of players. as roddy doesnt want the job - what about pat dolan?

i think the club has forgotton about on the pitch development and are concentrating off the pitch too much. i know off the pitch needs developing but u cannot forget about the teams performance on the pitch.

tony i'm sorry but imo you have had ur chance now move on :( and i wudnt give eddie gormley the job - no experience

Bray Head
14/08/2006, 7:01 PM
Could not believe the subsitutions by Bray on Friday. Taking off Willie Tyrell and replacing him with another centre back (Roche) when we were 3-0 down. We should have put on a striker as the damade was already done. Also taking off Franco when he was our most likely player to score. Mystifying.

fan_1
14/08/2006, 7:28 PM
agree terrible performance .gifford and deans terrible at the back ,caffrey not in the game again had no influence. time for changes

Eoingull
15/08/2006, 12:34 AM
Pdebruin...you're right about not being able to glean (yes, yes...it's a proper word) too much from the papers...the reporting on the match was very lazy, avoiding most of the controversy. Unlike some of the other posts here, I felt Bray tried their best to compete for most of the first half. I actually thought a lot of the players were more committed on Friday night than they have been for the past few games. Unfortunately, the spirit has gone out of the team, and a will to compete without the accompanying passion and belief won't get you very far.
The second half isn't worth commenting on, as the game turned into the Alan Kelly show, and has been well documented elsewhere. One point that has probably been glossed over is that Bohs were clearly offside in the run up to the corner preceeding their third goal, and Pip got his first yellow card for (quite rightly) remonstrating with the linesman over this.
I thought the Bohs supporters were fine at the game, and if anything I thought "fair play" to the 100 or so who were jumping around in the rain!
I'm amazed that Braysnumber1 thinks Rogers has stood out amongst the new players. I think he's been brutal in both games. I'd put Skippy back in straight away.

BrayUnknowns
15/08/2006, 10:04 AM
Could not believe the subsitutions by Bray on Friday. Taking off Willie Tyrell and replacing him with another centre back (Roche) when we were 3-0 down. We should have put on a striker as the damade was already done. Also taking off Franco when he was our most likely player to score. Mystifying.

When did Franco get taken off ? I left with about 5/10 minutes to go. I know Doyle came off for Tarzan, who came on for Franco ?

Being honest i'd have to agree with Braysnumber1, i think Rogers has been by far the best player of the new signings so far, yes he has conceded goals, but only 1 of them was his fault, the others he could do nothing about and has probably kept us from loosing by much heavier scorelines.

braysnumber1
15/08/2006, 3:00 PM
I'm amazed that Braysnumber1 thinks Rogers has stood out amongst the new players. I think he's been brutal in both games. I'd put Skippy back in straight away.

the majority of people on here wanted skippy dropped now he's dropped u want rogers dropped... its not just up to the goalkeeper the rest of the team has to defend as well. yes its a terrible start by rogers on paper, 6 goals conceded in 2 games but in reality he has absolutly no protection from the rest of the team. i'd like to see jump in goal and see how you get on:mad: :mad: :mad:

dublinwanderer
15/08/2006, 3:03 PM
absolutly joke of a game from bray. not one of the players turned up for that game it was pathetic. there is no spirit or moral within the squad. tactics (if any)= pathetic. tony i think has offered nothing extra than what devo cud. at least devo had experience and took no sh!t from the players.

the new signings (apart from rogers) tha have been given a chance dont seem to be better than the previous players. i feel sorry for rogers, moving to bray for tha sh!te. conceding goals is not just a its not a goalkeeping problem its up to the defense as well as the midfield and forwards.

a big change is needed - new manager and a big clear out of players. as roddy doesnt want the job - what about pat dolan?

i think the club has forgotton about on the pitch development and are concentrating off the pitch too much. i know off the pitch needs developing but u cannot forget about the teams performance on the pitch.

tony i'm sorry but imo you have had ur chance now move on :( and i wudnt give eddie gormley the job - no experience

completly agree.
the average players in the team are getting worse and not performing.
all the squad really need to get together dig deep and try pull something out of the bag before waterford catch us.
i'd like to see dolan get the job if tony goes, but the club needs a big clear out

BrayUnknowns
15/08/2006, 3:18 PM
completly agree.
the average players in the team are getting worse and not performing.
all the squad really need to get together dig deep and try pull something out of the bag before waterford catch us.
i'd like to see dolan get the job if tony goes, but the club needs a big clear out

I really think they will catch us ! new manager in down there and they seem to have got a big boost from it, also a new new players who will want to earn contracts for next season. I honestly can't see us, with the way we are playing at the moment, winnnig a match for the rest of the season !

Dolan would be great for the club, it would get plenty of media atention, but do we really want a man that contrversioal (sp ?) in charge of our club ? just look at the way Devo got treated from some people ! I'd love it myswelf but just couldn't see him taking over, we don't have enough money for him to spend

Eoingull
16/08/2006, 2:15 AM
There's one thing I have changed my mind about. At first I saw the romantic side of promoting in-house when Tony was made manager. Eddie may have all the necessary qualities...I don't know...but I wouldn't be inclined to do it again. I'd put my two cents behind a fresh pair of eyes coming in, and shaking things up. That said, I can't see it happening, and I would wager Tony McGuirk will still be manager at the start of next season.
Regarding my criticism of Rogers...I can't lie, I haven't been impressed with him. Perhaps the sleepy goals conceded against Derry prejudiced me. I also haven't been impressed with Deans. I hope I'm back on here after the two Sligo games saying I was wrong and that they are both superstars. Obviously, as long as they put on the Bray jersey I will cheer them on.
Despite everything I still hope Tony turns it all around and emerges the best Bray Wanderers manager of all time.

jonboy
16/08/2006, 10:43 AM
regarding tony i feel he's had enough time, he was in charge most of last season and there has been a serious decline since he was made manager, Dermot keely would be my choice to take over he takes crap from no one and has an excellent cv!!

BrayUnknowns
16/08/2006, 10:59 AM
What about John Finnegan ?

jonboy
17/08/2006, 10:21 AM
imo we probably need someone who is not at the club john is a bit too cosy with the players, need someone to come in who is not familiar with any of the players there are a number around, Dolan, Keely etc.

superfrank
17/08/2006, 12:38 PM
Dolan-your joking!!

connaman
18/08/2006, 7:14 AM
Is It just me or does it seem that Bray are just going through the motions this season Maybe someone has told them that they are safe for next season and no matter what they will be in the premiership nex year because this has to be the worst team I have seen in years at the carlisle in terms of heart and passion