PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 2-2 Drogs

landrover
13/08/2006, 9:21 PM
foyzer you legend. what a strike. two fantastic strikes for our goals. rode our luck but it was a great point. thought burns, faz and mansaram were v good. didn't think alot of Choice. first time i saw him and didn't think he was up to much. mansaram is a far superior player. hopefully mct will be back soon.

Rovers1
13/08/2006, 9:27 PM
, faz and mansaram were v good. .

why does faz always have his best games away from showgies!!:(

neway..fair play boys cant wait to see highlights tomorrow night!

The Stars
13/08/2006, 11:12 PM
. didn't think alot of Choice. first time i saw him and didn't think he was up to much. mansaram is a far superior player. .
you have got to be joking:eek:
Choice as a class above everyone.Everytime he gets it he starts something.It was him winning it,then getting around 2 players that lead to Faz laying in Hughes.
Mansaram,Harpal and Faz all worked really hard but Hughes seemed to be the only player we had starting who wanted to play football in the first half.Everyone else was just lobbing hopefull balls up to Flash.
Cash had only about 5 touches in the first half but started to see more of it when Choice came on as he dropped of the defenders and brought people into the game.
Reckon Choice should start the next match.
Goals:not bad.....:p

Royal rover
14/08/2006, 8:43 AM
Brillant result , foyser is a legend , you could see how happy Sean was when he came over to us clenching his fist i was absolutely chuffed, although i'm really starting to get worried about McNamara i really don't think he's comfortable at this level, as for Faz he should be dropped altogher reminds me of Regi Blinker when he was at celtic, bad work ethic and will never get stuck in. although lots of ability

Rory H
14/08/2006, 9:09 AM
although i'm really starting to get worried about McNamara i really don't think he's comfortable at this level, as for Faz he should be dropped altogher reminds me of Regi Blinker when he was at celtic, bad work ethic and will never get stuck in. although lots of ability

mc namara was excellent yesterday and faz was man of the match!he was getting stuck in and he was motivating the lads...

turners goal was good...but when the ball came out to foy time seemed to stop:) there was nothing else on and....well

white sheet,black paint and brush....16euro
bus to drogheda....25euro
keith foy thunderbolt from 25 yards....priceless

cant remember a time when rovers fans have had so much faith in the team...dont think there was one moment of criticism.i also cant remember the last time rovers fans went so crazy for a goal...good times.good point

Redzer
14/08/2006, 9:52 AM
Cant believe the critism of Faz. He was absolutly super throughout the entire game. My man of the match.
I hope Sean realises that one striker up front is not the way to go, when we went 4-4-2 for the last 35 min or so, we scored 2 cracking goals and unlucky that Flashs shot came off the post.

The Stars
14/08/2006, 10:10 AM
Agree,Faz was a new player yesterday,seemed to be playing behind Flash.
He was everywhere,closing down,not giving them time on the ball.

Fivesilver
14/08/2006, 10:18 AM
Another thing that looks pretty positive, checking last night's lineup. The team and subs that played have an average age of just over 22. Reckon a major part of the club's management should concentrate on preventing us getting raided in the off-season by clubs with more money.

ndrog
14/08/2006, 10:25 AM
well done last nite lads .Great result for you .Have to say we were gutted leaving united park last nite .Robbed ! what a wonder strike .You had 3 shots all nite and scored 2 of them . Ref was ****e as usual , a couple of peno decisions that werent given ,one for each side . Sligo pulled jerseys and held on to players all night and we got 3 yellow cards .Strange. Oh well ,enjoy :)

red arrow
14/08/2006, 10:49 AM
sometimes i wonder are yee guys at a different game. faz had his best game in a long time . we deserved the point because we never stopped working. what a difference burns makes to the team with 5 mins to go he kept shouting at the players driving them on. i thought choice did very well as did mansaram and hughes. you must remember that we had two of our midfield players out thats a huge loss. in actual fact we should have got the three points because mansaram shot crossed the line. the keeper scopped it out with his hand. hope they show it on eircom league. also remember we have 3 new players in team yesterday . dont be critical it takes time to gel.

The Stars
14/08/2006, 10:54 AM
drogs fans nust be gutted,we felt the same when Pats got a point off us in the showgrounds earlier in the season.

Royal rover
14/08/2006, 10:58 AM
i was in perfect position to see mansaarm's effort on goal, opposite the sligo faithful, and even the drogheda fans thought that the ball was behind line, i would love to see a replay of it ,i wonder will they show on TV3 tonight

The Stars
14/08/2006, 1:56 PM
well apart from the scumbag in the white top who came running down to the bus when we were leaving,beside the pub.

feo123
14/08/2006, 4:28 PM
great result lads! great again to show we never gave up....3 goals from the last 4 away games ave cum very late on! hughes is strtin ta get the goals now...very good player and big foyzer made up for the penalty last week wit a screamer!!

DonalE
14/08/2006, 6:35 PM
Royal Rover,how can you call for Faz to be dropped after the performance he gave yesterday? He was playing just behind the lone striker in the first half yet he covered the whole pitch and won countless tackles and headers. Really got stuck in,reminded me of O'Grady the way he worked so hard!!! Hope he can put in a performance like that against Bray. Huge addition to the team having Burnsy back,what a leader he is. And well done to Foyzer,great strike. Some reaction from the crowd... mayhem to say the least.

Red Star
14/08/2006, 10:00 PM
Some reaction from the crowd... mayhem to say the least.
Talking about supporters was it just me or did their seem to be Rovers flags at the game then normal.

Two great goals for Rovers I thought Flashs shot had crossed the line. Faz had one of this best games for Rovers in a long time. One man up front didn't work for us either Also I think we would have lost if it wasn't for Burnsy he had another solid game we missed him a lot against UCD.

Rory H
15/08/2006, 10:55 AM
ive never seen rovers fans go so crazy over a goal

hoops1
15/08/2006, 10:59 AM
Both Sligos goals were brilliant
Worth staying up for

feo123
15/08/2006, 9:29 PM
why didnt they show flash's shot that was meant to have crossed the line on eircom lge weekly?! they made a pretty big deal of devlins for bohs!

Rovers1
15/08/2006, 9:47 PM
why didnt they show flash's shot that was meant to have crossed the line on eircom lge weekly?! they made a pretty big deal of devlins for bohs!

they did didnt they..was that not the shot when flash beat one man and hit it from the left(facing the goal)

also the 'panel'(:eek: ) on ELW didnt say a word about how well rovers did to get a draw!! :mad:

landrover
16/08/2006, 1:27 PM
from Rovers website:

"The Spartan spectating facilities at United Park were inspirational for the travelling ‘Red Army’ who all sang and chanted so much louder in the standing position. Maybe not in tune, but at least it was loud."

"Not in tune" :eek: i think we carried the tunes well. the acoustics in that cow shed excuse of a stand may not have done us justice!;)

Red4Eva
16/08/2006, 2:40 PM
i can't believe any1 cud criticise faz on sunday he was f*ckin unreal. best performance ever for rovers IMO. did all his fancy sh*t to get us a goal, his passing was good&he did o'grady's job as well. thought he was the only one in the midfield who was effective. bit harsh but don't think gary curran should be startin for rovers yet. he was vey quiet. harpal didn't do much but he put in 1 wicked cross that flash got a poor connection which hopefully is a sign of things to come. macky looked very sketchy on occasions which cost us one goal. what a difference burns makes. thought that was foy's best game since he got injured. don't think i need to say anything about the goals

The Stars
16/08/2006, 2:46 PM
ah do red4eva....talk about the goals!!!