PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk

prinz
13/08/2006, 8:44 PM
wat a disgrace dundalk have been this season in europen cup really gives next years team a chance doesnt it with the way the seedings will be now and from what i hear they only beat trim 3-0 in a challenge what league are trim in and dundalk a SO called premier team an embarassment to irish football. Dundalk have been a disgrace arguing over who plays in europe and the split up

CollegeTillIDie
16/08/2006, 7:23 AM
prinz

Have you ever heard the old adage, about the First item on the agenda of every Irish organisation being the split?

True Red
17/08/2006, 5:09 PM
It's great to see how quick people are to criticise when things don't go right. The whole year has been hard on the Dundalk girls from both teams but they have got together with their new team mates and got on with it. It is easy for people on the outside to criticise and it is very unfortunate that some of the girls from the winning team last year missed their chance to play in Europe but these things happen and there is nothing that can be done about it now. It is not as if every team that represented Ireland previously had got a great record in the competition actually the results weren't too different so I think it is harsh for anyone to call Dundalk an absolute disgrace!! They went to Croatia and played their hearts out. There are not many teams that could have split in a year and still been able to go and compete in a European Competition with the determination they did. Yes they tired in the last game but give them credit where they deserve it instead of constantly criticising!!!

Number9
18/08/2006, 11:54 AM
Well said True Red. Thoroughly agree.

Countryripple
18/08/2006, 4:30 PM
I agree too. The players that wanted to be involved in the european competition should have played with the team that was entering, end of!!! I have utter respect for any of the players and staff involved in making the trips to play the games. People are far too quick to critisise when something may have an effect on their own personal gain.

I just hope that the Dundalk club involved do not take any notice of the comments made by some folk on here and that they hold their heads high knowing that they have done the best they could in such a difficult time.

As it is, womens football is in a bad enough state in this country, without people ranting on at individual teams who at the end of the day are just a bunch of girls who want to have a bit of fun and enjoy their hobby!!!

True Red
21/08/2006, 9:12 AM
Great result for Dundalk yesterday! Looks like they are not an absolute disgrace after all Prinz!! the trip to Europe playing at a higher level seems to have been good for them. Its so easy to write off a team at the start of the season but things seem to be on the mend after the split. Hope the critics are all proved wrong and Dundalk get stronger from here. Premier Division next year!!!

CollegeTillIDie
25/08/2006, 7:16 AM
True Red

bit of perspective here, Benfica are in freefall after a good start !