PDA

View Full Version : League Formats-Sligo Leitrim Schoolboys

MervilleUnited
13/08/2006, 11:53 AM
It is the modus operandi of the Football Supporter to moan 80% of the time. So said Alf Ramsey, I believe! In Youth Football, in my experience, that figure is much higher! The Clubs, acting on behalf of their Communities, do unstinting work, all unpaid, all with grief most of the time, allow for sporting and social development of young people. But this column is designed to allow for debate on how this can improved, without any constraints from me. After all what we want is the same. But despite this opportunity, a trickle, albeit an informed trickle, of comment has been received. And yet, all over the region, complaints abound. Every sideline has a viewpoint, some very parochial, most of benefit to young people. So come on, before the League Formats are finalised, Please Post! I will pass on all suggestions to the SLYSL committee. The biggest complaints I heard last year was the current Cup knockout conclusion to a League Competition, and the lack of Shield Titles for smaller clubs/weaker teams to have a day in the Sun. So, assuming that the entry this year is 22 Clubs per age group, how would you do it? But bear in mind that without more referees the total games per season, with good weather thrown in is about 12 League games. Maximum. Be quick though, the decision will be made very soon!