PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Shels thugs at Tolka v Cork City

Pages : [1] 2

pete
13/08/2006, 10:31 AM
Pictures (http://shelbournefans.googlepages.com/home) from aftermath of Shels v Cork City.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Can you make out what happened? Prize for the winner ;)

Why can't shels steward their ground properly & keep people off the pitch?

:confused:

el punter
13/08/2006, 10:52 AM
I was wondering what happened there alright. I saw the kids coming on the pitch at the end and then some Cork fans in the Riverside were very annoyed about something - though didn't come on the pitch themselves.

Two weeks in a row from Shels. What is being done about it?

EnDai
13/08/2006, 11:22 AM
Plenty of guards there, who just stand about and laugh about it. Infuriating! :( I know it doesn't make it any better, but noone older than about 10 goes on, and that can be seen in the pics.

Honestly, I'm happy there's pics up, may kick something into being done properly. I think we get fined every time these little muppets run on?

sligoman
13/08/2006, 11:35 AM
Same after our game. Little minks ran on the pitch and came over sticking their fingers up at us and laughing. Stewards just stood there:rolleyes:.

Dodge
13/08/2006, 12:27 PM
Clubs up and down the country are getting big fines for objects landing on the pitch or fans going on the field yet, we see this behaviour on a fairly regular basis in Dublin and the fines from the EL seem to be few and far between.

GEt that chip off your shoulder. Both Bohs and pats have been fined for 'missile' throwing this season. Think Bohs have been fined for going on pitch too.

I was at the game on Friday, practically incident free. When O'Donovan scored, he went to the Shels fans to celebrate and someone threw a water bottle at him. Then at the end about 15 teens went over to the Cork fans. One lad tried to get on the pitch to have a go at them. Problem solved in 30 seconds

chippie0001
13/08/2006, 12:36 PM
Clubs up and down the country are getting big fines for objects landing on the pitch or fans going on the field yet, we see this behaviour on a fairly regular basis in Dublin and the fines from the EL seem to be few and far between.

Sorry but tell me when this has happened at Dalymount. We hire enough stewards to keep fans and objects off the pitch. At the end of any game in Dalymount you never see fans on the pitch full stop, the entire Jodi is blocked off. Other clubs don't pay the same money it costs us to do this and hence after every game in Tolka there are fans on teh pitch.

JW.
13/08/2006, 12:39 PM
A few young lads with little better to do; with a thread title like that you must be looking for a job with the tabloids pete ;)

Dodge
13/08/2006, 12:42 PM
Just like to point out that Pats have all but eradicated our problem in this area.

el punter
13/08/2006, 12:47 PM
The brushing it off as something unimportant isn't really acceptable. There is one lad there clearly throwing something from point blank range in to a group of fans. Without going all Marge Simpson on it, does someone have to get their head split before it's addressed properly?

JW.
13/08/2006, 12:50 PM
Won't somebody please think of the thugs!!!

BohsFans
13/08/2006, 1:28 PM
Think Bohs have been fined for going on pitch too.

no pitch invasion this season.......................yet;)

BohsFans
13/08/2006, 2:04 PM
Pictures (http://shelbournefans.googlepages.com/home) from aftermath of Shels v Cork City.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Can you make out what happened? Prize for the winner ;)

Supporters warned not to get involved in any trouble - by Fintan Cassidy
All supporters of Shelbourne FC, young and old, are requested to refrain from retaliating or engaging in any trouble with opposition supporters, whether inside or outside football grounds. If fans are provoked, they should immediately seek the assistance of stewards or the Gardai.
The club intends to monitor the behaviour of all fans for the remainder of the season and will video or photograph where possible any such incidents. Any of our supporters or opposing fans found to be involved in such trouble will have their photographs forwarded to the relevant authorities and they will be barred from Tolka Park.

signed
Oliver Byrne

Why don't you send them the pics?

Did your man down the very front, (at the cross) throwing something get looked after by Cork fans?

RonnieB
13/08/2006, 3:05 PM
The steward in those pictures looks highly interested.

Anto McC
13/08/2006, 4:50 PM
A fine is the only way the club will do anything about this problem,so i am all in favour of a fine!

pete
13/08/2006, 4:53 PM
Did your man down the very front, (at the cross) throwing something get looked after by Cork fans?

1 lad made as if he was going to jump the fence but the little thugs scattered. Most people are mature enough not to rise to the provocation but only takes 1 kid to join in to kick something off.

If Shels are incapable of keeping people off the pitch they don't deserve a place in the top flight of irish football.

CharlesThompson
13/08/2006, 5:29 PM
Also, they look a bit older than 10 year olds.

pete
13/08/2006, 5:34 PM
I only called them thugs as could hardly be hooligans.

Anto McC
13/08/2006, 5:59 PM
If Shels are incapable of keeping people off the pitch they don't deserve a place in the top flight of irish football.

Thats just a stupid statement!!

Apart from that comment,I agree with you on this,and they are older than 10,they're about 15/16 and when i pointed out to a Garda that he should stop them getting on the pitch,he just looked at me despite the fact they were at his arms lenght!!

Stato
13/08/2006, 6:07 PM
We hire enough stewards to keep fans and objects off the pitch. Other clubs don't pay the same money it costs us to do this and hence after every game in Tolka there are fans on teh pitch.

That's it in a nutshell, Shelbourne only employ around 6 stewards for every game (count them next time you're at a match, I have and I've rarely seen more than 6). Pats usually have beween 30 and 40 at Richmond Park. I'm told that their bigger games cost about €2,000 in stewarding and Gardaí costs, even the smaller ones cost over €1,000.

Oh, and the Gardaís role is not to act as replacement stewards, they're attending what is essentially a "private function" and are there to assist the Event Controller and Safety Officer if required to do so. They will not intervene unless requested or unless they see a law being broken (unlike in the UK, invading a pitch breaks stadium rules but doesn't break the law).

pete
13/08/2006, 6:17 PM
The guards have no responsibility to stop people entering the pitch. They are however responsible to detain/arrest people seen engaging in violent behaviour.
The stewards have responsibility for both.

Maybe the FAI could add "safety of supporters" to conditions of the new FAI SuperLeague?

Anto McC
13/08/2006, 6:18 PM
Even at games with the smaller clubs in the league we have more than 6 stewards, i can name you more than 6 stewards who do every single home game in Tolka!

If you're going to make a statement,at least make it credible!

Anto McC
13/08/2006, 6:20 PM
Maybe the FAI could add "safety of supporters" to conditions of the new FAI SuperLeague?

Sorry for the double post but i agree completely!!
They shouldn't have to add it,it should be high on the list already to be honest!

Stato
13/08/2006, 6:23 PM
Even at games with the smaller clubs in the league we have more than 6 stewards, i can name you more than 6 stewards who do every single home game in Tolka!

If you're going to make a statement,at least make it credible!

Where are they during the games so? Look at those pictures, you can see about one-third of the pitch and hlaf of the Richmond Road stand but there is only one steward in view. Where are the rest? Count the orange jackets that you can see at your next home game.

pete
13/08/2006, 6:34 PM
Where are they during the games so? Look at those pictures, you can see about one-third of the pitch and hlaf of the Richmond Road stand but there is only one steward in view. Where are the rest? Count the orange jackets that you can see at your next home game.

Over by the tunnel area, "protecting" the referee etc...

Anto McC
13/08/2006, 6:46 PM
I dont need to count the orange jackets,i know about 10 people who steward in Tolka every home game!

Stato
13/08/2006, 7:07 PM
Still a long way off the 30 or 40 that other clubs use.

Lim till i die
13/08/2006, 7:10 PM
Judging by the title of the thread I half expected to see a burning Cork City bus being overturned by a mob. :rolleyes:

Rise above it they're only a few kids for god sake. If you feel intimidated by that lot you really need to get out more (or possibly less if you were really scared)

If Shels have a problem with knacker kids it'll come back to bite them in the behind eventually when ordinary decent folk stop turning up.

To describe them as thugs in the thread title is a bit alarmist.

To say Shels don't deserve a place in the top flight is ludicrous

dcfcsteve
13/08/2006, 9:55 PM
Supporters warned not to get involved in any trouble - by Fintan Cassidy
All supporters of Shelbourne FC, young and old, are requested to refrain from retaliating or engaging in any trouble with opposition supporters, whether inside or outside football grounds. If fans are provoked, they should immediately seek the assistance of stewards or the Gardai.
The club intends to monitor the behaviour of all fans for the remainder of the season and will video or photograph where possible any such incidents. Any of our supporters or opposing fans found to be involved in such trouble will have their photographs forwarded to the relevant authorities and they will be barred from Tolka Park.

signed
Oliver Byrne

That's a shamelessly written piece of spin.

The angle that article takes makes it sound like Shels fans are the victims of provocation, and that they should resist such evil opposition temptations at all times. No suggestion whatsoever that any wrong doing may eminate from Shels fans, which is just pathetic.

Reminiscent of a parent who believes their kids can do no wrong...

Red&White
13/08/2006, 11:46 PM

Here you go, these should help you get things into perspective.

Roverstillidie
13/08/2006, 11:53 PM
who would have guessed pre season that the most problematic group of fans in the land would be shels fans....

Lim till i die
14/08/2006, 12:14 AM
Here you go, these should help you get things into perspective.

Ha, ha, good man :)

Lim till i die
14/08/2006, 12:14 AM
who would have guessed pre season that the most problematic group of fans in the land would be shels fans....

I know I would have bet my house on it being Rovers fans :rolleyes:

stevieontour
14/08/2006, 1:33 AM
Kids or no Kids, throwing something can hurt anyone.

Way out of order stuff.

Maybe next time one of them do it, the other Shels fans could grab him and pass him over the fence into the Away fans to deal with him! :)

That would put a swift end to the issue.

David
14/08/2006, 6:50 AM
When Shels played us at Windsor a handful of young lads moved down the North Stand towards the Linfield supporters in the Kop Stand in an attempt to start something but thankfully it was nothing major.

monutdfc
14/08/2006, 9:00 AM
Why do we never hear of Shels being fined when after every single game they play in Tolka there's loads of kids on the pitch, well before the players and ref have left the field????

Raheny Red
14/08/2006, 9:39 AM

While this is only Kids, what happened in Drughead, Limerick, and Dundalk all involved adults ffs!

wws
14/08/2006, 9:41 AM
shels dont get fined cos ollie knows someting about The Laney

ndrog
14/08/2006, 10:49 AM
While this is only Kids, what happened in Drughead, Limerick, and Dundalk all involved adults ffs!

" Drughead " very clever , have you got a headache now .

higgins
14/08/2006, 10:53 AM
shels dont get fined cos ollie knows someting about The Laney

Yeah thats why he was so nice to us when Dublin folded and gave shels the 6 points!!!

higgins
14/08/2006, 10:55 AM
When Shels played us at Windsor a handful of young lads moved down the North Stand towards the Linfield supporters in the Kop Stand in an attempt to start something but thankfully it was nothing major.

and WHY did they go down there ????????????????

Because of the racist remarks towards Joey Ndo!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

dcfcsteve
14/08/2006, 11:11 AM

Errrr - no. They went down there because they were little tw@ts.....

It was a football game- not an episode of The Equaliser.....

dcfcsteve
14/08/2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah thats why he was so nice to us when Dublin folded and gave shels the 6 points!!!

No - but it's why he was so nice to apparently agree to give you the 6pts back and make a ratehr messy situation into an absolute earthquake zone.......! :D

Raheny Red
14/08/2006, 11:18 AM
Errrr - no. They went down there because they were little tw@ts.....

It was a football game- not an episode of The Equaliser.....

They went down because of the racist chants, they were aged between 17-30. At first there was about 5, then a bunch of kids down just for the sake of it!

David
14/08/2006, 11:19 AM

Absolute nonsense. In no way am I trying to justify the racism that night but to say that this was in response to that is crazy. They just wanted to stir some crap.

Raheny Red
14/08/2006, 11:23 AM
They just wanted to stir some crap.

1st group that went down = Untrue.

2nd group that went down = True.

SÓC
14/08/2006, 11:31 AM
Its been happening at certain clubs for years. Especially Shels. Pats used to be consistant offenders too but seem to have sorted it.

Why do clubs like Cork City and Bohs bother when Shels just get away with it time and time again.

higgins
14/08/2006, 11:32 AM
Absolute nonsense. In no way am I trying to justify the racism that night but to say that this was in response to that is crazy. They just wanted to stir some crap.

I didnt go down myself as I couldnt be bothered with your racist idiots.

The group that did go down did it because of the racist chating at Ndo. Thats not rubbish.

If you lot didnt feel the need to abuse players due to the colour of their skin you wouldnt have had to look at the shels fans roaring at you from the corner of the stand.

Two wrongs dont make a right but you painted apicture of Shels fans going looking for a fight with no reason!! They were NOT looking for a fight, just wanted to abuse the idiots in your stand....

dcfcsteve
14/08/2006, 12:10 PM
I didnt go down myself as I couldnt be bothered with your racist idiots.

The group that did go down did it because of the racist chating at Ndo. Thats not rubbish.

If you lot didnt feel the need to abuse players due to the colour of their skin you wouldnt have had to look at the shels fans roaring at you from the corner of the stand.

Two wrongs dont make a right but you painted apicture of Shels fans going looking for a fight with no reason!! They were NOT looking for a fight, just wanted to abuse the idiots in your stand....

All of which unfortunately makes the Shels fans no better than the idiots in the Linfield crowd.

Like I said, it was a football match - not an episode of 'The Equaliser'. 99.9% of the Shels support, who also found the racist abuse disgusting, didn't feel such an uncontrollable urge to go and abuse the Linfiled fans. I suspect there would be a strong correclation between many of those who did and other instances of fan mis-behaviour amongst Shels support. It's takes a certain type of mentality (or immaturity ?) to engage in such activity, and it is often part of a pattern of behaviour.

sfc red
14/08/2006, 12:32 PM
All of which unfortunately makes the Shels fans no better than the idiots in the Linfield crowd.

Like I said, it was a football match - not an episode of 'The Equaliser'. 99.9% of the Shels support, who also found the racist abuse disgusting, didn't feel such an uncontrollable urge to go and abuse the Linfiled fans. I suspect there would be a strong correclation between many of those who did and other instances of fan mis-behaviour amongst Shels support. It's takes a certain type of mentality (or immaturity ?) to engage in such activity, and it is often part of a pattern of behaviour.

Agree completely.

Higgins, while the first group to run down were aged 17-30, these lads were standing directly in front of me and were looking for trouble. They spent the whole game giving the finger to the Linfield fans and starting Sectarian chants.

I've never been more ashamed to be a Shels fan than that game.

bad mongo
14/08/2006, 1:08 PM
I think it's time for a blanket ban across the league for unaccompanied under 16's. I know this will hit some club's taking more than most, but runts acting the b~llix seems to be a coutrywide phenomenon