Byrne s/o 69

Kilkenny City 2-1 Limerick FC
King 24 McCarthy
Deegan 59

Friendly

Waterford United 5-1 Blarney United-RESULT

sligoman
12/08/2006, 8:24 PM
Perth s/o in the 90th min for Shams. Finished 1-1.

Kilkenny City 2-2 Limerick FC. McCartney scored for Limerick in the 81st min:).

sligoman
12/08/2006, 8:35 PM
PREMIER:

Longford Town 0-0 U.C.D.D.

FIRST:

Kildare County 1-1 Shams
Kilkenny City 2-2 Limerick F.C.

Philly
12/08/2006, 9:29 PM
Madness at the County match. As the match drew to a close the County winger was making a run down the right. Pert took him out of it in front of the dug outs. John Ryan said what he thought of the incident and Perth wasn't happy with whatever he said - and lunged at him - knocking Ryaner to the ground. Barry O'Connor and the County kit-man then let the player know with they thought by giving him one or two punches. The Rovers player, Barry O Connor and our kit man were all shown red (yes-a kit man was sent off). The Rovers player then started acting up in the tunnel and Barry let him know what he thought of his actions (again) - more blows followed. Lots of Rovers fans tried to join in of course.

Good match though.

I see fines on the horizon.

nshoop
12/08/2006, 11:43 PM
Madness at the County match. As the match drew to a close the County winger was making a run down the right. Pert took him out of it in front of the dug outs. John Ryan said what he thought of the incident and Perth wasn't happy with whatever he said - and lunged at him - knocking Ryaner to the ground. Barry O'Connor and the County kit-man then let the player know with they thought by giving him one or two punches. The Rovers player, Barry O Connor and our kit man were all shown red (yes-a kit man was sent off). The Rovers player then started acting up in the tunnel and Barry let him know what he thought of his actions (again) - more blows followed. Lots of Rovers fans tried to join in of course.

Good match though.

I see fines on the horizon.

Absolute bolox!Your manager came right up into perth's face and when he put his hand up to usher or push your manager away, he dives to the ground like he'd been shot,absolutely hilarious!Never seen a manager dive before today.Your kitman then leaps from the bench and smacks perth in the face,disgraceful,and in terms of the football,rovers were all over county second half,should have won.

BohsFans
12/08/2006, 11:54 PM
Absolute bolox!Your manager came right up into perth's face and when he put his hand up to usher or push your manager away, he dives to the ground like he'd been shot,absolutely hilarious!Never seen a manager dive before today.Your kitman then leaps from the bench and smacks perth in the face,disgraceful,and in terms of the football,rovers were all over county second half,should have won.

Paul Perth or Vinny?

Both have a reputation or being knackers, where as John Ryan doesn't have any rep for diving!

Was there a camera there?

nshoop
12/08/2006, 11:55 PM
Vinny and I didn't see one but there could have been

Lim till i die
13/08/2006, 12:36 AM
I'd just like to point out we came from two down (I know, I know it's only Kilkenny) despite playing the last half hour with a central midfielder in goals :eek: :)

pineapple stu
13/08/2006, 12:38 AM
How long are Mooney and Purcell out for? Are they going to make the Cup game in two weeks' time?

Lim till i die
13/08/2006, 12:45 AM
How long are Mooney and Purcell out for?

Didn't look too serious at the time but when I find out you'll be first to know :p

Purcell in particular would be a huge loss :ball:

dfx-
13/08/2006, 1:03 AM
I'd say the Longford match was enthralling..

I'd like to award the worst tackle I've seen a good long while anywhere to the Kildare player who got sent off..:eek:

pineapple stu
13/08/2006, 1:05 AM
Actually, it wasn't bad. Decent open game, just with two teams whose forward lines are lacking.

Must give a mention to Kevin Doherty, incidentally. As we were walking out for the half-time game, Doherty was in the penalty area seemingly unconscious. Doctor had been called, spinal board was brought out and he wasn't moving at all. Yet he was back out forthe secondhalf and finished the game. :eek:

RonnieB
13/08/2006, 1:18 AM
Aye Kevin ended the half in a bad state and was out for the count. Thankfuly he seems ok. We need to learn howto shoot or cross a ball at times though.

RonnieB
13/08/2006, 1:27 AM
I'd say the Longford match was enthralling..

Almost as enthralling as your shock a minute divison one match.

depor
13/08/2006, 2:03 AM
what a shocking result for rovers considering that ramblers hammered kildare 4 nil in kildare last month(no disrespect to kildare)

even though rovers are a big club and have great support in fairness to them, they are a bit over-rated and are riding their luck recently. i think their luck is running out, with the possibility of point deductions and all that.;)

steno
13/08/2006, 6:31 PM
Originally Posted by nshoop

Vinny Perth did hit John Ryan and deserved to be sent off.

d f x
I'd like to award the worst tackle I've seen a good long while anywhere to the Kildare player who got sent off..

Seen far worse tackles but it was a second yellow, and could nearly say the same for the tackle on Bowers your player took the two legs from underneath him didnn't even get a yellow card

nshoop
13/08/2006, 10:06 PM
Vinny Perth did hit John Ryan and deserved to be sent off.

First of all his hand was open not clenched and Ryan jumped backwards well to early to make it look like he was hit,as I said before,hilarious except perth is now suspended,hopefully for athlone and kilkenny cause they're sh*te

Philly
13/08/2006, 10:16 PM
Abd then Perth acted the maggot in the tunnel and got what was coming to him..... Go on Barry :) :)

Rovers were on top for most of the match, but have too many set paterns. The County defence started to predict your patterns. It is like they work on three passing patterns in training and rotate them in games. Ye are a better team but aren't special, and would struglge in the Premier with those players and tactics.

nshoop
13/08/2006, 10:21 PM
Struggle with those players not the tactics!Quick passing on the ground,using the wings and putting in good crosses across the box,what's wrong with that?It's much better than the long-ball sh*te most teams in div1 play

De Town
14/08/2006, 12:03 AM
Must give a mention to Kevin Doherty, incidentally. As we were walking out for the half-time game, Doherty was in the penalty area seemingly unconscious. Doctor had been called, spinal board was brought out and he wasn't moving at all. Yet he was back out forthe secondhalf and finished the game. :eek:

And he was one of the best players on the pitch last night. What a man! :D

Philly
14/08/2006, 7:59 AM
Struggle with those players not the tactics!Quick passing on the ground,using the wings and putting in good crosses across the box,what's wrong with that?It's much better than the long-ball sh*te most teams in div1 play

Better teams than what the Division One has to offer would find your patterns of play very predictable after a match or two, it is all so planned out. Still better than most teams I have seen at Station Road this season.

I assume the Rovers fans dedn't feel picked on this time? Seeing as it didn't rain... :D

bambi
14/08/2006, 8:12 AM
And he was one of the best players on the pitch last night. What a man! :D

Are you serious!!!! :eek:

He was shocking, misjudging headers, his pace leaves a lot to be desired and some of his clearences were a bit dodgey!!! Other than that he was class.

Wait, isn't the former what defenders are supposed to do!!!

De Town
14/08/2006, 11:35 AM
Are you serious!!!! :eek:

He was shocking, misjudging headers, his pace leaves a lot to be desired and some of his clearences were a bit dodgey!!! Other than that he was class.

Wait, isn't the former what defenders are supposed to do!!!
He won every fecking header there was to win!! Clearances were dodgy alright but in fairness, it didn't take much to look good on Saturday night.

bigmac
14/08/2006, 12:07 PM
First of all his hand was open not clenched

ah well that's alright so :rolleyes:

steno
14/08/2006, 4:38 PM
Originally Posted by nshoop
First of all his hand was open not clenched and Ryan jumped backwards well to early to make it look like he was hit,as I said before,hilarious except perth is now suspended,hopefully for athlone and kilkenny cause they're sh*te

O.K so, he knocked John Ryan over with his outstretched hand:rolleyes: :D

He did make contact and even if Perth didn't deserved to be sent off for that he did for getting involved with Barry O' Connor.

Suspension for both could be more than two games as well if the fight in the tunnel is looked into.

WeAreRovers
14/08/2006, 5:47 PM
He did make contact and even if Perth didn't deserved to be sent off for that he did for getting involved with Barry O' Connor.

LOL!!

Barry O'Connor jumped off the bench and threw a punch at Vinny Perth. All Perth did was get punched by O'Connor. Maybe that's what you mean by "getting involved with Barry O'Connor"

KOH