View Full Version : UCD supporters beat Longford on penalties

12/08/2006, 7:40 PM
The clash of the fanzines at half time in tonight's Longford-UCD match ended 0-0 after normal time.

A penalty shootout was held which Student Till I Graduate (UCD) won 2-1. Stig's keeper pineapple stu saved three penalties from One F in Longford, with scores from Schumi and Dmandythdledge proving decisive for the visitors.

12/08/2006, 7:42 PM
How did Martinho II do?:D

CharlesThompson
12/08/2006, 7:52 PM
Was there a good crowd at it?

12/08/2006, 10:04 PM
I wasn't there, was out injured so went to the Dubs match instead.

13/08/2006, 12:31 AM
How did Martinho II do?:D
Scored into bottom right hand corner. Powerful shot- very well taken. Not as good as mine though- cool as you like sending the keeper the wrong way perfectly into the corner.

Was there a good crowd at it?
I couldn't guess but I'd say maybe 400???

13/08/2006, 1:21 AM
there was at least 600 there, the main stand was fairly well full and the opposite side had a good crowd. I would like it noted UCD had 7 players for the game!

Corruption!

13/08/2006, 1:27 AM
Did ye do this shoot out on the pitch at half time or the astro pitch beside Flancare?:confused:.

13/08/2006, 1:30 AM
the pitch ;)

13/08/2006, 1:31 AM
Did ye do this shoot out on the pitch at half time or the astro pitch beside Flancare?:confused:.

Do Longford own that?:confused:

13/08/2006, 1:32 AM
the pitch ;)and who missed for ye? Come on, name and shame them. De Town? Maz?:confused: :p.

13/08/2006, 1:37 AM
Pauro, Massop and someone else. Three superb stops, if I say so myself. :)

there was at least 600 there, the main stand was fairly well full and the opposite side had a good crowd.
Not a chance. The main stand was less than a quarter full, and there was a sprinkling of others around - maybe 100 tops.

13/08/2006, 1:38 AM
You should spend less time looking at your shins.

13/08/2006, 1:39 AM
Three superb stops, if I say so myself. :)Self praise is no praise:p.

13/08/2006, 1:44 AM

All the people in that stand would have fitted into one block. Therefore it was not, as you claim, "fairly well full".

13/08/2006, 1:47 AM
I DISAGREE! call the internet police!

13/08/2006, 7:20 PM
You called? :p

monkey magic
13/08/2006, 11:11 PM
Do Longford own that?:confused:

yep..

14/08/2006, 12:29 AM
What a match! :D The quality is slightly lacking, but everyone tried their heart out! Was as entertaining as the fecking real match anyway (well the 2nd half). Very poor penalties from Longford fans, but Marty's finish was a beauty! And the celebration....MAGIC! :D

14/08/2006, 12:31 AM
And the celebration....MAGIC! :DOh jaysus, what'd he do?:eek: :D.

theworm2345
14/08/2006, 12:34 AM
Someone shouldve videod this

14/08/2006, 12:35 AM
Someone shouldve videod thisTheir might be another one on September 2nd, watch this space!;) :D.

14/08/2006, 12:38 AM
Oh jaysus, what'd he do?:eek: :D.

A triple back flip!

14/08/2006, 12:40 AM
A triple back flip!Hahaha, are you serious? ****ing legend:D.

14/08/2006, 12:43 AM
Hahaha, are you serious? ****ing legend:D.
You honestly think Martinho II could pull off a triple back flip?! :D

14/08/2006, 12:45 AM
You honestly think Martinho II could pull off a triple back flip?! :DThought twas odd alright. So was their anything at all special about his celebration?:)

14/08/2006, 12:47 AM
Thought twas odd alright. So was their anything at all special about his celebration?:)

Not really! Saluted the thousands in the main stand and punched the air! :cool: :D

14/08/2006, 12:50 AM
Not really! Saluted the thousands in the main stand and punched the air! :cool:What a let down:( :D.

14/08/2006, 9:39 AM
and who missed for ye? Come on, name and shame them. De Town? Maz?:confused: :p.
I didn't miss because I didn't go out there...I was far to busy in the shop. Didn't even see a bit of the game...the disappointment!

14/08/2006, 11:23 AM
The quality is slightly lacking
LOL. Someone's been watching Longford games for too long. :D

14/08/2006, 11:45 AM
It was a Longford-UCD game. Expectations are low. :D

I'm looking forward to the forthcoming revenge match in Belfield. It may well be the last ever game in Belfield Park, before we move to the bowl.

UCD:

Pineapple Stu
John83 Schumi
HarpoJoyce Poor Student
DmanDmythDledge Poor Student Jnr

14/08/2006, 12:53 PM
Very poor penalties from Longford fans
Now now - give credit where it's due. Even the PA man thought I was great! :D Went so far as to advise the Longford keeper on how to save them after my first save!

14/08/2006, 1:15 PM
Actually thought Longford deserved to win the fans game. Had all the pressure but Massop's finishing leaves a lot to be desired! :D

@ Pineapple: The pens were shíte, didn't take much to save them!:p

14/08/2006, 4:43 PM
In fairness Massop had my padawan on him so he never stood a chance.

See here (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/eircom/gallery.php?cat=STIG%20V%20One%20F%20in%20Longford&photo=1612) for a classic tackle by myself on him.

I took him to school!

We lacked a couple of heavyweights in myself and Bald Student but thankfully pineapple takes up so much of the goal it is very difficult to score.

14/08/2006, 6:44 PM
Well its good to see that the UCD heads finally acknowledge that winning on penno's is more important! :)

14/08/2006, 9:19 PM
Only if you haven't already lost the proper match.

You see Troy, a shootout is only used to decide the outcome if the sides are level after normal time or extra time, depending on the system in place.

15/08/2006, 9:41 AM

WTF! That was meant for a different thread on a completly different forum! :o

The dangers of drunk posting!

16/08/2006, 11:39 AM
my peno was awful. Hit it well enough but kinda took it too quickly to Pineapple's left. Thought it was only two penos, so when Massop missed his, i walloped the ball from the rebound sweetly into the top corner and got a cheer from the crowd! Highlight of my match unforuntuately, i was defender and reduced to hoofing... ;)

16/08/2006, 11:41 AM
Story of football really. Sounds like I didn't miss too much, did ye even break a sweat? :p

Student Mullet
16/08/2006, 10:27 PM
What a match! :D The quality is slightly lacking, but everyone tried their heart out! Was as entertaining as the fecking real match anyway (well the 2nd half). Very poor penalties from Longford fans, but Marty's finish was a beauty! And the celebration....MAGIC! :DSorry, myself and Bald student were away. Our quality was needed to score a second last place finish (http://www.kempen-ol.be/vierdaagse2006/uitslagen/dag1_2_3_4.HTM#HB) in the Belgian Orienteering Championships, my best ever placing.

17/08/2006, 12:07 AM
Sorry, myself and Bald student were away. Our quality was needed to score a second last place finish (http://www.kempen-ol.be/vierdaagse2006/uitslagen/dag1_2_3_4.HTM#HB) in the Belgian Orienteering Championships, my best ever placing.
I'm confused. Singular or plural?

17/08/2006, 11:48 AM
I'm confused. Singular or plural?
Plu... perfect.

17/08/2006, 3:17 PM
wot a match! i missed a great chance earlier in the match and got a rollickin from massop which is still stingin me! i felt like stuart pearce takin the peno had a lot to prove! was goin to put it the middle-someone advised me to do it! decided to bluff pineapple aim for the right but hit the left instead! all the emotion came out then!

nice to see the stadium announcer announce my name in the run up to it!

a few of da section o lads were tryin to draw our attention to the fact that ucd had seven and we had six! a bit like mick mccarthy really in the last world cup against spain!

i was in better form for it than last year when i had a lot of beverages in it!

i was even mentioned in the longford town supporters club notes!

http://www.longfordtownfc.com/supporters.htm

hope this will be the start of something regular as we need to keep fit!

Student Mullet
17/08/2006, 4:09 PM
wot a match! i missed a great chance earlier in the match and got a rollickin from massop which is still stingin me! i felt like stuart pearce takin the peno had a lot to prove! was goin to put it the middle-someone advised me to do it! decided to bluff pineapple aim for the right but hit the left instead! all the emotion came out then!

nice to see the stadium announcer announce my name in the run up to it!

a few of da section o lads were tryin to draw our attention to the fact that ucd had seven and we had six! a bit like mick mccarthy really in the last world cup against spain!

i was in better form for it than last year when i had a lot of beverages in it!

i was even mentioned in the longford town supporters club notes!

http://www.longfordtownfc.com/supporters.htm

hope this will be the start of something regular as we need to keep fit!
http://www.longfordmarathon.com/

STIG will be fielding a team in 2 weeks if you want to try to make up for the 30min hammering the Town's team receivced last year.

17/08/2006, 4:18 PM
jaysus i dont think i would be fit for that student mullet i rather stick to the footie thanks!

fbtn
17/08/2006, 10:27 PM
Bohs and Rovers should do this during the interval at their upcoming cup game.

Now that would be fecking quality half-time entertainment :)

lefty
18/08/2006, 11:52 AM
Bohs and Rovers fans dont do half time entertainment only post match entertainment :D

On a serious note how is it that only UCD-Longford do this, youd think that some of the other teams would have 7 fans to stick on the pitch to kick a ball around at half time

18/08/2006, 12:27 PM
Nobody else has asked, I suppose. It's great craic. Derry challenged us to a game in Belfield one time, but there was already a half-time game with Mount Merrion scheduled.

lefty
18/08/2006, 12:30 PM
Kick the kids out, there games arent entertaining at all. The best moment i had with one of those games was when one of the lads dared my spanish student to go on to the pitch and start walking around. A classic moment :p

18/08/2006, 12:33 PM
Children are the future, apparently.

18/08/2006, 2:13 PM
We've challenged Longford to a game, just need to get a team first:p:D.