PDA

View Full Version : Derry UEFA tie to move from Brandy?

joema
11/08/2006, 10:23 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4785577.stm

I know Derry fans were saying on here that the game was not going to be moved but now that the tie is virtually over I think it would be a good idea as they are missing out on revenue at present

If its moved to Lansdowne I'll definitly try and get there anyway.

Dazzy
11/08/2006, 10:26 PM
but now that the tie is virtually over I think it would be a good idea as they are missing out on revenue at present

The tie in the first round will have to be moved.:(

joema
11/08/2006, 10:30 PM
The tie in the first round will have to be moved.:(

Oh right, my mistake. Mod can close this now. Was a bit surprised when I first saw the article

Poor Student
12/08/2006, 11:45 AM
"Deery UEFA tie to move from Brandy?"

I know they have a 4 goal cushion and Deery did a great job but surely he's not going to take the whole team on by himself is he?;)

Dazzy
12/08/2006, 12:12 PM
"Deery UEFA tie to move from Brandy?"

I know they have a 4 goal cushion and Deery did a great job but surely he's not going to take the whole team on by himself is he?;)

We're just gonna put Paddy out there for a bit of fitness for half hour;)

higgins
12/08/2006, 1:29 PM
I hope you take the home leg serious enough.

Would be a shame if you went down with a defeat and lost out on the coefficient points as if you only make the UEFA Cup this season you may regret it as your still unseeded more than likely.

Another win would put us within touching distance of automatic seeding

MariborKev
12/08/2006, 1:58 PM
I hope you take the home leg serious enough.

I have yet to see SK not take anything seriously.

pete
12/08/2006, 3:02 PM
There is no guarantee that Derry City would get huge crowd at Lansdowne if moved their 1st round tie. I don't see large numbers of neutrals coming out to watch some eastern european team.

higgins
12/08/2006, 4:07 PM
There is no guarantee that Derry City would get huge crowd at Lansdowne if moved their 1st round tie. I don't see large numbers of neutrals coming out to watch some eastern european team.

They will have no choice...

Shels could not play Lille in Tolka.
I dont see why they would pass the Brandywell for the 1st Round.

You would get more than 3,000 at Lansdowne thats for sure

pete
12/08/2006, 4:16 PM
Cork City v Slavia Prague (Uefa Cup 1st round) was played at Turners Cross last year.

:confused:

higgins
12/08/2006, 5:00 PM
Under what circumstances?
Was that when you had to have the early kick off due to the floodlights?

There mimimum criteria you need to meet regarding the accomadation for press. Tolka is a dump and we moved to Lansdowne.

As I said I doubt the Brandywell would be passed to hold a Round 1 game.

It would also be a bit of a sad joke if Derry decided they would only offer 3,000 fan the oppurtunity to view this game.

Dr.Nightdub
12/08/2006, 5:50 PM
Saw a link somewhere else earlier today to a story in today's Belfast Telegraph, saying that Linfield said they'd make Windsor available to Derry for the next round if they were asked. Nice gesture, and it'd be a lot handier for Derry fans to get to than Lansdowne.