PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Derry

thedoyler
10/08/2006, 8:50 PM
I think I represent the majority of the voices of Eircom League fans when i say well done Derry on a fantastic result for you and our league, lets hope you finish the job in the second leg and get further than any other eircom league team has been. After seeing your team hammer my team last Friday at the carlisle i always believed you would beat Gretna silencing all those Irish 'we love football but only if its across the water' fans who said our league would be shown up by the Scottish league. Well done lads, may we join you next year after an FAI Cup win haha :D

Fr. Jessop
10/08/2006, 9:21 PM
Damn Right, Excellent Result! :D

Paddyfield
10/08/2006, 9:23 PM
I think I represent the majority of the voices of Eircom League fans when i say....

Wrong! You represent every one of us. Well done Candystripes.

Rovers1
10/08/2006, 9:28 PM
well done boyos!! wheres that supergretna lad now??

red arrow
10/08/2006, 9:31 PM
my congratulations to derry city and ther wonderful supporters i listened to the game on radio 1 and boy was the atmosphere brilliant it took a sligo man ciaran martin to help yee but we dont mind (sligo rovers fans) congrats to stephen kenny the best manager by far in the eircom league there are a few good ones. now people might take notice that the quality of football is very watchable but it is also up to the powers that be to promote the league more professionally. again well done all genuine supporters are very proud of yee may yee progress further in the stages. thanks for a wonderful night.

pete
10/08/2006, 9:33 PM
Well done Derry City!

Not much to add but gutted not able to watch live on tv.

:D :D :D

Forever Dreamin
10/08/2006, 9:44 PM
congratulations

Jimmy
10/08/2006, 9:57 PM
Superb performance Derry City.

Terry
10/08/2006, 10:03 PM
absolutely brilliant! what a fantastic result.

Scottish football, your having a laugh!!!!!:D

sligoman
10/08/2006, 10:14 PM
Fair ****s to ye Derry, knew ye'd win but feck, 5 goals?:eek:.

Someone has to show the return leg now surely? RTE?

Risteard
10/08/2006, 10:27 PM
G'wan the Candystripes.

avvenalaf
10/08/2006, 10:47 PM
Well done, Stephen and the lads. What second leg ???????????

De Town
10/08/2006, 11:16 PM
Got Setanta in today just for this and it was well worth it. Was going ****ing mental in the living room as the goals flew in!! What a performance! Delighted for Gretna. Not just for that SuperGimp who comes on here but I hate teams like Gretna and Chelsea who try and buy their way to success without any hard work at all. Well done Derry!

fc hammer
11/08/2006, 12:30 AM
Great win tonight.. Well done Derry City.

mypost
11/08/2006, 1:49 AM
I think I represent the majority of the voices of Eircom League fans when i say well done Derry on a fantastic result for you and our league

With the exception of Finn Harps fans.

Someone has to show the return leg now surely? RTE?

What?? :confused: :rolleyes:

osarusan
11/08/2006, 2:32 AM
Congratulations to Derry, a fantastic result for them and the league. Showing the Gothenburg result was not the total fluke meany will have seen it as.

macdermesser
11/08/2006, 8:06 AM
adding to the congratulations ... fantastic result for Derry, and the Eircom League

BrayUnknowns
11/08/2006, 8:20 AM
nearly *****d my pants whne i saw the score on ERRORtel !

Absoluety delighted for Derry and there fans who made the trip over, fair play ! the same again in the Brandywell would do very nicely

beautifulrock
11/08/2006, 8:24 AM
great result, well done to the team and especially their fans

Bully Bull
11/08/2006, 8:32 AM
Fantastic result.Followed it through the streaming on Shels site.Also made a few bob out of ye aswell.Thanks

gufct
11/08/2006, 8:52 AM
on the Radio Last night Tony Doherty was class nearly coming through the radio everytime ye scored and saying how this victory was for all el supporters who stick with their clubs thru thick and thin. Saw all the goals on TV3 Class and what supporters just shows how much more special local pride is.

BleusAvantTout
11/08/2006, 8:56 AM
Well done on a great result!

ericdred
11/08/2006, 9:56 AM
amazing, bloody amazing,

only wish i was able to get to the return leg, i hope you get another big team (!!) in the next round and have to play it in lansdowne road, i for one as a shels fan will be there singing along with all ye lads, and there will be thousands of LoI fans there, now all thats left is for the drogs to over come that one goal.

come deery!! and drogs its your turn to make to world sit up and take notice of this "the poor relation", to that imported english s**t, maybe just maybe it will bring in money to the league, and then we can go further and further, we are closer now to the big boys than we have ever been, since the league began.

onenilgameover
11/08/2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah Fair play to Derry. Setanta's coverage was good. derry fans were brilliant. Scots were stunned. kenny was almost in tears. Great for Irish Football.

sylvo
11/08/2006, 10:48 AM
Congrats to Derry City, fantastic performance from both the players and the massive support that made the trip to Fir park. I listened to most of the game in the car and nearly went through the roof when those goals were going in.

SUPERGRETNA YOUR HAVING A LARRRRFFFF.

galwayhoop
11/08/2006, 11:01 AM
smashing absolutely smashing!! and definately couldn't happen to a better club. nearly out of business couple of years ago and now wiping the floor with scotish opposition in uefa cup!!

imo best fans in eL also - came down to terryland, think it was 2 years ago for cup game and sang for whole game with lads playin on drums also (actualy playin not a muppet belting!). fair play lads, hopefully some piped up english side (spurs or newcastle) in next leg or maybe, just maybe the huns!!!

shelbourne1904
11/08/2006, 11:20 AM
Magic Derry!!!Well Done
So much for Roddys spying for Gretna!!!!
Come on the Candystripes

Tir Oilean
11/08/2006, 11:22 AM
Went to the pub to see the game last night and it wasnt on!? But the delight when I saw errortel this morning woke the house up....... feckin class and Drogs have a good chance in two weeks time too! Come on the EL!!!

shelbourne1904
11/08/2006, 11:25 AM
i hope you get another big team (!!) in the next round and have to play it in lansdowne road

Are you mad!!Remember Limerick and Real Madrid in Landsdowne!!!Noone turned up.Keep it in Derry and keep home advantage.

pete
11/08/2006, 12:17 PM
i hope you get another big team (!!) in the next round and have to play it in lansdowne road

It think Derry will have to play in Lansdowne no matter who they draw. Should wish for easiest draw for chance to progress.

The Bit O'Red
11/08/2006, 2:29 PM
Well done Derry. How many Derry fans were at the game? Is the next stage the group stage already?

Dee75
11/08/2006, 2:45 PM
No one more round then the group stages. There were between 2-3000 Derry fans at the game

Proud to be a Derry Fan

Stevo Da Gull
11/08/2006, 11:46 PM
Congratulations lads and ye deserve it!! Ordered in the extra Setanta channel's for a month just to see the game and it's the best value for money ever just to see that game. Derry fans were there usual fantstic selves, 90 minutes football and 2 hours of non-stop... concert?
I was jumping around my house like a lunatic screaming with joy:D my family will never look a tme the same way again:D :cool:

ccfcgirl
12/08/2006, 1:30 PM
Brilliant result for Derry .Voice nearly went from screaming ye got so many goals.

depor
13/08/2006, 1:26 AM
congrats!

Derry are a class act, the manager, players and especially the fans. playing some fantastic football.

:)

Gaillimh Al
14/08/2006, 4:34 PM
Great performance. Played really good football. Watched it in Gran Canaria and must have been the only Irish man in the bar. All the British football fans couldn't believe what they were seeing. Great to see a Galway man involved as well. Doing us proud Fordie. Might tempt him back home if we get up to the Premier but I doubt it.
Best of luck in the next round. Hope ye get e good draw and make the group stages.

harpskid
14/08/2006, 9:10 PM
With the exception of Finn Harps fans.

We can speak for ourselves thanks very much!

And, for the record, a sizeable majority of Harpers wish Derry well and were cheering them on. A proud night for the League.

Well done Derry