PDA

View Full Version : Predictions League for Foot.ie members

RamblersWeb
22/07/2002, 4:25 PM
Will do this ONLY for this season!

Predictions League - 2002/03

Points awarded for:

Score: Actual number of goals scored by team
Margain: Difference between 2 sides scores, e.g. ..., +2, +1, 0, -1, -2, ...
Results: Home Win, Away Win or Draw

POINTS AVAILABLE
Scores Correct: 2 points for each team score [potentially 4 per match]
Margin Correct: 1 point per match
Result Correct: 1 point per match

Bonus: All Premier Division Scores Correct: 10 points
Bonus: All D1 Division Scores Correct: 12 points
Bonus: All Scores Correct in both divisions: A further 22 points [therefore max bonus 44]

Private Message [ONLY!] Predictions to RamblersWeb
{sort of restricts it to Foot.ie members}. Cut and paste the fixtures, and click on the 'send PM' button at the bottom of the message

If predictions arrive after a game has kicked off, then the prediction for that game is void. Only League games count.

Now the bloody spreadsheet better work! It has in testing anyhow!

First Fixtures:
01/08 Derry v Longford
02/08 Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers
02/08 Drogheda v Cork
02/08 Pats v Bray
02/08 UCD v Shelbourne

Results will be posted here, of if that annoys too many people I'll add a page onto RamblersWeb.

Xlex
22/07/2002, 4:42 PM
Fair play RamblersWeb... Should be a bit of craic...

dahamsta
22/07/2002, 8:16 PM
What kind of traffic will this generate? I can set up a private forum for it if you want?

adam

RamblersWeb
23/07/2002, 3:22 PM
a forum would be useful to display the weekly results alright and the league table all right...

if poss can you do this then?

cheers

glen

Schumi
23/07/2002, 4:04 PM
How does this work exactly? Do we just PM you what we think the scores will be, e.g. UCD 1-0 $hels or whatever or is there more to it?

dahamsta
23/07/2002, 4:20 PM
I'm a bit thick, so I don't know how this works. Do you need any special settings here?

adam

pete
23/07/2002, 5:22 PM
Maybe just need a page to display a spreadsheet as be talking about 50 absolute max people?

PM predictions to QueenstownWeb ;) & he can update them?

RamblersWeb
23/07/2002, 9:55 PM
YEP people that's basically it... 9 sets of predictions in already... they are good and early cos no league action this week.

PM predictions to me [otherwise page would get crazy + it means you don't have benefit of other people's predictions]

I;ll post fixtures here, then just cut 'n' paste fixtures onto PM and add your predictions

For the record mine this week are...

Derry - Longford 1-0
Bohemians - Shamrock Rovers 1-1
Drogheda - Cork City 0-1
St Pats - Bray 1-0
UCD - Shels 1-2

You've got a few weeks before the first division starts, so the first few weeks will be a bit low scoring, thus late starters will be able to catch up a bit easier!

Eugene's was more complicated... he had 2 divisions, promotion & relegation, and the worst scores were dropped.... but that'd give me too many headaches when i should be writing a thesis...

Is it possible to post something here in tabular form / or as mentioned above, a spreadsheet

Glen

James
24/07/2002, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by RamblersWeb
... but that'd give me too many headaches when i should be writing a thesis...

oh yea thats what i was meant to be doing also, rather then wasting my days away online

darn stupid thesis

dahamsta
24/07/2002, 10:57 PM
Is it possible to post something here in tabular form / or as mentioned above, a spreadsheet

Not exactly, but I'll set up a subsite for you, and I'll write a CVS parser to display the information on the site. I'll need some technical detail to do that though, so anything you have, send it on to <storage@spamfilter.cc>.

adam

atfconline
31/07/2002, 1:18 AM
I've done up a small little graphic if you want to try and get some webmasters to put it on their site, linking it to here.

I have it on the front page of my site if you want to download it.

pete
31/07/2002, 6:37 PM
First Fixtures:
01/08 Derry v Longford
02/08 Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers
02/08 Drogheda v Cork
02/08 Pats v Bray
02/08 UCD v Shelbourne

I presume you sticking with these & not adding rearranged Pats v Rovers on monday? Also to further complicate you probably not going to bother with Pats v Bray as thats postponed & will just add at a later date?

RamblersWeb
31/07/2002, 11:14 PM
sticking with the original fixtures;

rearranged fixture will be included in Week 2... so ppl will have to get their predictions in EARLY next week!! Once week 1 predictions close, week 2 predictions will open immediately.

Where possible after that the week will finish on Monday night to allow for 'Dublin City' playing on Mon night.

RamblersWeb
31/07/2002, 11:18 PM
nifty graphic ray! cheers!

patsh
07/08/2002, 1:40 PM
When must we have the next lot in by? and can you still join in?

RamblersWeb
07/08/2002, 1:43 PM
see next mesage for week 2 fixtures...

get them in by 7pm Friday.

New participants are indeed welcome...

Week 1 results will be posted when fixtures are completed...