PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Gormley

jonboy
08/08/2006, 10:52 AM
i see on the teletext eddie was in for the waterford job he might be better off puttin his cv in to the bray board! he's obviously on the look out for a number 1 job i think he would be a good choice for the bray job cant do any worse. I wouldn't like to see him go

BrayUnknowns
08/08/2006, 12:05 PM
Nah we need totally new faces in the club. A clean break from the old guard who are just to set in there ways and hvae all there favourites. Soemone totally new to the club is the way forward.

keano16
08/08/2006, 12:21 PM
I have said it from the start Eddie will be perfect he should be the manager...He takes no rubbish from any players...Eddie was a legend player and players would want to play for him.Eddie would sort the club out and would throw out players who are just there collecting the wages and dont care about playing for the club.Tony is not a strong enough character and the players know that( Players turning up stinking of Booze for training and getting away with it) Eddie is a strong character and it wouldnt happen with him..

jonboy
08/08/2006, 12:56 PM
I have said it from the start Eddie will be perfect he should be the manager...He takes no rubbish from any players...Eddie was a legend player and players would want to play for him.Eddie would sort the club out and would throw out players who are just there collecting the wages and dont care about playing for the club.Tony is not a strong enough character and the players know that( Players turning up stinking of Booze for training and getting away with it) Eddie is a strong character and it wouldnt happen with him..

couldn't have said it better myself bring the banner friday GORMLEY FOR BOSS!

Dodge
08/08/2006, 1:06 PM
If you say Gormley for King or Gormley for President, you have my backing

Seagull
08/08/2006, 4:37 PM
Players turning up stinking of Booze for training and getting away with it

Just put it there like it's a fact, not just dangerous rumour-mongering...

lowflyingseagul
08/08/2006, 8:38 PM
i wonder what roddy collins was doing out at the game last friday???

superfrank
08/08/2006, 10:38 PM

Don't know but he's not in the running for the Bray job. Someone asked him and he said no....PHEW!!

keano16
09/08/2006, 7:14 AM
Players stinking of booze is 100% fact not rumours....

superfrank
09/08/2006, 10:52 AM
How do you know it's a fact??

keano16
09/08/2006, 11:26 AM
Because I do and thats all you need to know.....I have no reason in the World to make it up..

jonboy
09/08/2006, 11:43 AM
Don't know but he's not in the running for the Bray job. Someone asked him and he said no....PHEW!!

thanks be to jaysus...that guy is a complete tool ...who asked him??

BrayUnknowns
09/08/2006, 1:14 PM

In fairness this happens at every other club !

I presume your talking about the sunday morning warm down sessions ? There entitled to go out on a Saturday for a few drinks, the same way you and i are.

Dodge
09/08/2006, 1:18 PM
And Eddie Gormley never ever drank after games...

jonboy
09/08/2006, 1:24 PM
In fairness this happens at every other club !

I presume your talking about the sunday morning warm down sessions ? There entitled to go out on a Saturday for a few drinks, the same way you and i are.

no they shouldnt drink during season at all imo the game has changed a lot in the last 5yrs, they either want to try and be professional or they should join a club in the junior leagues. If they have to drink do it the night b4 a day off but not the night before training or within 48hrs of a game if it happened at shels, cork, drogs etc they'd be out the door!

Seagull
09/08/2006, 1:37 PM
Because I do and thats all you need to know.....I have no reason in the World to make it up..

Because I do???? What a crock! I know for a FACT (cos I say it's true) they're all on sleeping tablets and that's why they're not playing well. A certain player on the right wing took two before the Derry game but Franco secretly spat his out- that's a FACT, I know cos I do! :rolleyes:

Seagull
09/08/2006, 1:41 PM

Seems Rod-the-cod was with the Gretna contingent, spying on Derry. They don't stand much chance if they're relying on his 'expertise'- remember 'The Rod Squad'? Chancer.

keano16
09/08/2006, 2:24 PM
Listen footballer's cant go out the night before training its just a No go any more players get payed to play for the club and you cant turn up stinking of booze..players have to see it as there Job aswell and they wouldnt do it in there day to day jobs and football is no different...Speak to Keith Fahy and he will tell you!! The top clubs in the league have players who are not only good players but good Pro's and thats the difference between winning and losing. I have no problem with players having a drink but at the right time..

BrayUnknowns
09/08/2006, 3:35 PM
Lads you must be deluded or on a different planet if you think players from Shels, Drogheda, Cork etc... don't drink on a saturday night if they have a warm down session no the sunday morning ! I've been in the same pubs / clubs as many eL players who would have had training the next day - i'd say plenty of the posters on here would say the say.

Someone said they shouldn't drink at all during the season ! seriously cope no mate, Bray Wanderers are not a fully professional club and do not pay full professional wages. Why should PART TIME players give up there social life when they are getting paid enough ?

Sleeping tablets ? what are you on about ? what's that got to do with drinking ? and on a serious note that's a big aquisation to be making so you would want to be 100% sure and have proof to back your statement up, that's the sotr of sh*t that can land you in trouble with a solicitor. But that's the 1st time ive ever heard anything about that, i know a few of the lads so will be able to confirm or rubbish this.

I actually remember Eddie Gormley was subed in his last season for us after about 30 mins of the game, he was having a stinker..... He walked by the dugout 10 minutes into the 2nd with a smoke in one hand and a bag of chips in the other..... great example alright.

But what i would agree on is if that a plaer turns up to training DRUNK then he should be sent home and fined, but the smell of booze on there breath is nothing.

Seagull
09/08/2006, 5:48 PM
Sleeping tablets ? what are you on about ? what's that got to do with drinking ? and on a serious note that's a big aquisation to be making so you would want to be 100% sure and have proof to back your statement up, that's the sotr of sh*t that can land you in trouble with a solicitor. But that's the 1st time ive ever heard anything about that, i know a few of the lads so will be able to confirm or rubbish this.

Thought the :rolleyes: might give it away- I was making the point that it's disgraceful for someone to accuse players of 'stinking of booze' and expecting us to accept it as fact just cos they say so. I can't believe you're off to check with the players if they're on sleeping pills! So call off the solicitors and lighten up a bit. :D

superfrank
09/08/2006, 10:19 PM
That's the dumbest reason I ever heard. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm well aware they go out at the weekend. I myself have seen and talked to Wayne Byrne down in Jim Doyles on Fridays and Saturdays.

But it really infuriates me-and others-that you expect people not to question your very serious accusations.

The Wanderer
10/08/2006, 8:49 AM
I really dont know where u get all this rubbish info from, players and sleeping tablets, they mite be preforming badly at the moment but i really dont think they want to fall sleep on the pitch!
And as for heding out for a few drinks after the game, yeah i think thats allowed, they train and work all week play their match on a friday evening and then head out with friends and players for a few hours.. Does anybody tell us who work normal monday to friday 9-5 that we cant go out because it might affect our job, i do agree with 48 hours before a game to relax and not be out.
As for Eddie Gormely, i have been down in the carlisle several times and have seen him smoking and eating chips... So i reckon we concentrate on helping the club and try to be a bit more positive. Dont worry wat the players do in their own time and worry bout when they are on the pitch for the 90 minutes... Seems like a bray thing where everyone seems to think they have a say on everythig, yet when it comes to standing up and supporting the club we cant even do that right!

Seagull
10/08/2006, 9:32 AM
I really dont know where u get all this rubbish info from, players and sleeping tablets, they mite be preforming badly at the moment but i really dont think they want to fall sleep on the pitch!
And as for heding out for a few drinks after the game, yeah i think thats allowed, they train and work all week play their match on a friday evening and then head out with friends and players for a few hours.. Does anybody tell us who work normal monday to friday 9-5 that we cant go out because it might affect our job, i do agree with 48 hours before a game to relax and not be out.
As for Eddie Gormely, i have been down in the carlisle several times and have seen him smoking and eating chips... So i reckon we concentrate on helping the club and try to be a bit more positive. Dont worry wat the players do in their own time and worry bout when they are on the pitch for the 90 minutes... Seems like a bray thing where everyone seems to think they have a say on everythig, yet when it comes to standing up and supporting the club we cant even do that right!

Lads, the sleeping pills thing was a JOKE ffs. My point was that someone here says players are turning up stinking of booze and then people are discussing that as if it's fact. It's not, it's cheap gossip. I posted the most ridiculous thing I could think of and said it's a fact and already two people have been discussing whether it might be true!! Sleeping pills- Bray players asleep on the field- get it lads?? The sarsasm smiley was a clue :rolleyes: but there ya go.

BrayUnknowns
10/08/2006, 9:39 AM
I thought jokes were supposed to be funny ?

Seagull
10/08/2006, 9:47 AM
I thought jokes were supposed to be funny ?

zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz Did ya ask any of the players if they're on sleeping pills?? Now that's funny! zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz :D

jonboy
10/08/2006, 10:38 AM
ok lads time out on this post everyones gone completely off the initial subject

BrayUnknowns
10/08/2006, 11:10 AM
very true Jon Boy...... No to Eddie !

Brayhead101
11/08/2006, 4:22 PM
No to gormley too, He's nothing but a mouth, do we really want a manager who gets himself sent off for shouting abuse at officials, we all complain when players get stupid red/yellow cards but if Assistent mgr or so called future manager does it how can you expect players to keep a tight lip, plus he's not good enough to coach Bray, neither is Mcguirk, defo agree with new faces being brought in, we need a strong manager who players can trust and believe and who will our players in best positions and form a settled team unlike mcguirk, should thinking along the lines of someone like Pete Mcmahon of UCD, done very well with a part-time club with less resources than bray

connaman
18/08/2006, 9:47 AM
zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz Did ya ask any of the players if they're on sleeping pills?? Now that's funny! zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz :D

I reckon if some of our lads took sleeping tablets it would make them more lively ( as Steve Davis once said he took VALIUM to liven himslf up)

DmanDmythDledge
18/08/2006, 1:24 PM
as Steve Davis once said he took VALIUM to liven himslf upThat's because he's a boring oul sh!te.

Jerry The Saint
18/08/2006, 1:29 PM
No to gormley too, He's nothing but a mouth, do we really want a manager who gets himself sent off for shouting abuse at officials, we all complain when players get stupid red/yellow cards but if Assistent mgr or so called future manager does it how can you expect players to keep a tight lip, plus he's not good enough to coach Bray,

BOOOO! :mad: You would be lucky to get Him and you should count yourselves lucky that He spent the first part of His retirement years playing for your little club! :D