PDA

View Full Version : Come for the fighting, stay for the football

Pages : [1] 2

el punter
07/08/2006, 10:28 PM
Glad to see the Eircom League is proving such a hit with our youth. Particularly the hordes of 12-17 year old Shels and Bohs jersey wearing sorts who were throwing plenty of digs at each other after the match tonight.

Nothing quite like sitting on the bus listening to these lads recount their epic tales of heroism again and again and again at the top of their voices to the public transport users of our city, before playing the footage back on their videophones.

Although my personal favourite is when they begin to rally their posse in to one of their favoured chants in a resplendent cockney baritone.

It'll be a dark day when these freshmen graduate from their academy of gougery and seek to out do each other in gorey bravado.

I'll sign off with this representative snippet of conversation:
Boy A: "Are yiz going to the Cork game next week?"
Boy B: "Will there be a fight?"

sonofstan
07/08/2006, 10:50 PM
I blame bebo - ban the internet I say

nshoop
07/08/2006, 11:30 PM
They were wearing colours?Finally,get them on camara and show to the respective clubs and they can't ignore it or say they're not fans,they'll have to take action

dfx-
07/08/2006, 11:33 PM
ban the internet I say

No doubt someone will find a button to press to unban it, so I say:

Burn the internet down to the ground to stop both it and any over reactions to said events.

RonnieB
07/08/2006, 11:54 PM
I blame the idiocy of todays youth.

nshoop
07/08/2006, 11:57 PM
You wont hear a whisper about it though,bar this forum or any pics in the herald

Leeza
08/08/2006, 1:12 AM
Come on lads... They aren't real hooligans, just trying to imitate Green Street, or the Hammers fans, or the Milwall lads.

Its harmless craic, at least its good to see more people out to see the EL anyway.

Though I suppose you old granda's need something to moan about, don't you? (I mean, you'd probably make a similar post if there was a lack of youngsters at the game)

Roverstillidie
08/08/2006, 1:20 AM
do we need a thread on trouble that wasnt actually witnessed by the person giving out about it?

aido1895
08/08/2006, 1:23 AM
Come on lads... They aren't real hooligans, just trying to imitate Green Street, or the Hammers fans, or the Milwall lads.

Its harmless craic, at least its good to see more people out to see the EL anyway.

Though I suppose you old granda's need something to moan about, don't you? (I mean, you'd probably make a similar post if there was a lack of youngsters at the game)
Don't post such ****e when you havent a clue what you are talking about . Fighting inside and outside the ground is harmless craic ? Are you stupid ?

stickyjoe
08/08/2006, 7:56 AM
Shocking scenes on Richmond Road last night and as a neutral follower of the EL for many years now I`m not sure whether I will be back again

the 12 th man
08/08/2006, 8:15 AM

You can't be serious.
It gives lie to the old adage "there's no such thing as bad publicity".The Irish papers love this kind of crap to fill up their back pages with.

superfrank
08/08/2006, 8:24 AM
Shocking scenes on Richmond Road last night and as a neutral follower of the EL for many years now I`m not sure whether I will be back again

C'mon. I really don't see how this will stop you going to el matches. It probably happens somewhere in every city after every match.

BohsPartisan
08/08/2006, 8:30 AM

Thats stupid.

el punter
08/08/2006, 8:39 AM

It'll take more than idiot kids fighting among themselves to stop me going to a game. But I'd certainly be hand picking the games I'd take my younger relatives to.

SPXcyan
08/08/2006, 8:44 AM
You dont get any of that crap down here as far as I know!! well I am a youth and I for one would hate to be apart of this

stickyjoe
08/08/2006, 8:46 AM
Sorry you are right I`ll be back as soon as possible. My kids can`t wait to get involved in the middle of the random punchups between a few hundred scumbags, riot police and police dogs again on their way out of a game.

I will be back as for some bizarre reason I love the league but I`ll be choosing my games carefully from now on. The amount of scumbags at last nights game from both sides along with the 100-150 that were waiting outside that didn`t get into the ground was hard to believe. Robbing flags, throwing bottles and coins onto the pitch and the pre-arranged fights to me is not football

Rovers v Bohs in 2 weeks time should be great fun...

Dodge
08/08/2006, 8:49 AM
You dont get any of that crap down here as far as I know!! well I am a youth and I for one would hate to be apart of this
nah you just get stones and bottles thrown at you instead. Bohs have always had an element of knacker support them but it seems to be growing in Shels support too. We'll see if they act on their statement last week

LFC in Exile
08/08/2006, 8:52 AM
My kids can`t wait to get involved in the middle of the random punchups between a few hundred scumbags, riot police and police dogs again on their way out of a game.

A few hundred involved in randon punch-ups? Riot police? Are you sure you're not confusing it with a Panorama programme? :)

Of course hooliganism and fighting cannot be condoned by any footall fan and nor can it diminished. But over-stating it is also wrong and would serve only to attract even more of the little inadequates.

Drumcondra Red
08/08/2006, 8:55 AM
I'm fully aware of our element but the bohs youth were in the ground a good 45 minutes before kick off trying to incite trouble, unveiling a stolen flag and trying to kick down the partition fence, not to mention running towards the Shels support! And just before the gypos go off on one, there was a bohs flag taken by some little creamer, but it was given straight back, to sum up Bohs= Scum!

Don't get me started on the Garda presence inside the ground absolute joke! Second half before they realised its more then just cushty overtime!

Peadar
08/08/2006, 9:19 AM
Don't get me started on the Garda presence inside the ground absolute joke! Second half before they realised its more then just cushty overtime!

It's up to your club to request Gardaí within the ground.
If your club isn't willing to pay for sufficient resources, then they should be taken to task over any subsequent security breaches.

sonofstan
08/08/2006, 9:41 AM
If your club isn't willing to pay for sufficient resources, then they should be taken to task over any subsequent security breaches.

there were enough cops in the ground - what they didn't do was make any attempt to stop junior BSC kids making their way across the pitch towards the Drumcondra Rd side exit instead of out via the Ballybough end; instead about 10 stewards tried to prevent the tide and predictably failed.

As we were walking out, the two van loads of Riot police were sitting in Richmond road when things were already kicking off outside Fagans.

There was a big enough police presence there to prevent anything - again they seemed not overly concerned with doing their job properly

De Town
08/08/2006, 9:51 AM

WUMming of the highest order!

el punter
08/08/2006, 10:10 AM
A few hundred involved in randon punch-ups? Riot police? Are you sure you're not confusing it with a Panorama programme? :)

Of course hooliganism and fighting cannot be condoned by any footall fan and nor can it diminished. But over-stating it is also wrong and would serve only to attract even more of the little inadequates.

Not a lot wrong with what he said, there was at least a hundred kids involved in it, and there was riot police and police dogs on hand.

el punter
08/08/2006, 10:12 AM
I'm fully aware of our element but the bohs youth were in the ground a good 45 minutes before kick off trying to incite trouble, unveiling a stolen flag and trying to kick down the partition fence, not to mention running towards the Shels support! And just before the gypos go off on one, there was a bohs flag taken by some little creamer, but it was given straight back, to sum up Bohs= Scum!

Don't be a child about it by saying that Bohs fans are worse than Shels. That has nothing to do with it, address the problem at your own club and let others address it in theirs. Better still colaborate on the problem.

Drumcondra Red
08/08/2006, 10:18 AM

There was sufficient resources, its not my fault they couldn't be bothered doing their job! When asked to retrieve a stolen flag the answer was "We'll think about it!"

dfx-
08/08/2006, 10:29 AM
stop junior BSC kids making their way across the pitch towards the Drumcondra Rd side exit instead of out via the Ballybough end; instead about 10 stewards tried to prevent the tide and predictably failed.

If that's the case the same happened at the league game....and nothing was done.

Nice to see they learn from these things..:rolleyes:

sonofstan
08/08/2006, 12:08 PM
The problem with Tolka is that whether its us and Shels or us and Rovers, most Bohs fans are going to approach the ground from the Drumcondra side and therefore walk past the Home entrance (and, worse, back that way afterwards). The only way to segregate would be to put a barrier across Richmond road and insist that away fans appraoch from Ballybough, which would involve a huge detour for most Bohs fans.

Leeza
08/08/2006, 12:14 PM
All I was saying was that you are overstating a problem only a minority of fans engage in. I've been to games in Dublin so I do know what I'm talking about your arrogant ****.

Raheny Red
08/08/2006, 12:28 PM
Don't be a child about it by saying that Bohs fans are worse than Shels. That has nothing to do with it, address the problem at your own club and let others address it in theirs. Better still colaborate on the problem.

This sort of crap has been happening after every home game at Tolka, stupid little gypos re-inacting scenes from their favourite movies! :rolleyes:

De Town
08/08/2006, 12:30 PM
All I was saying was that you are overstating a problem only a minority of fans engage in. I've been to games in Dublin so I do know what I'm talking about your arrogant ****.
Who are ya replying to there?? :confused:

swano
08/08/2006, 12:43 PM
What age are these little scrotes? It seems like they're about 14-15.

I'd agree with the others who were slating the Gardai. They don't have a clue about policing a football game. The same amount of police that you get at a Rovers vs bohs game could control a championship game between Leeds and Cardiff. They're only out for the money in this country.

Raheny Red
08/08/2006, 12:45 PM
Pic from Shelsweb posted by pizzapie (http://file014.bebo.com/9/large/2006/08/07/23/683476199a1621791981b935982429l.jpg) - here is the filth showing off a Reds flag and as was posted on the Shels site, spot the Bohs jersey! :rolleyes:

swano
08/08/2006, 1:07 PM
RR do shels not have a group of little scumbags too? Seems like its not completely one sided.

Spot the "bohs" fan proudly sporting his new manchester united jersey:rolleyes:

Dazzy
08/08/2006, 1:09 PM
more like 7 ofthem swano

Dodge
08/08/2006, 1:13 PM
- here is the filth
Relax on this crap.

Raheny Red
08/08/2006, 1:13 PM
RR do shels not have a group of little scumbags too? Seems like its not completely one sided.

We do indeed, if you read the Shels you will see me condenming the little ****s!

Soper
08/08/2006, 1:36 PM
Pic from Shelsweb posted by pizzapie (http://file014.bebo.com/9/large/2006/08/07/23/683476199a1621791981b935982429l.jpg) - here is the filth showing off a Reds flag and as was posted on the Shels site, spot the Bohs jersey! :rolleyes:

It's just like a game of spot the Man Utd jerseys eh?

aido1895
08/08/2006, 2:06 PM
No , what you were saying was the violence after the game was only a bit of "harmless craic" . If you are going to make such a stupid statement as your original one then at least have the courage to back it up or withdraw it rather than trying to weazle your way out of it.

sligoman
08/08/2006, 2:11 PM
...he supports Monaghan ffs. They don't know what fans are, never mind hooligans.

nshoop
08/08/2006, 2:17 PM

Ah God be with the days when you'd be on the train coming out of waterford and bricks and stones would come flying through your window,memories:D

reder
08/08/2006, 2:23 PM
No doubt this will make the papers. It is such a shame that trouble in the EL seems to be highlighted in the media more than the football itself. In every other country the opposite is true. I was thinking about going to the Rovers v Bohs cup game in a few weeks but if this is going to be the highlight of the game, I will give it a miss. I have west ham at home the next day at 12.45 anyway.

Also, from what I saw at the last shels v bohs game at the tolka park, this is 2 groups of teenagers. They need a good kicking from the cops and that'll sort it out. Its not exactly West ham v Millwall.

Peadar
08/08/2006, 3:49 PM

How ya doing. I'm 17, from Monaghan and support the Magic Mons.

Ah yes, it makes sense now! :rolleyes:

Jerry The Saint
08/08/2006, 3:55 PM
Ah God be with the days when you'd be on the train coming out of waterford and bricks and stones would come flying through your window,memories:D

Good times!

They all follow the hurling team now.

Scratch that - they all play for the hurling team now.:eek:

Jaime
08/08/2006, 4:09 PM
I love these Maud Flanders threads :)

Red&White
08/08/2006, 4:10 PM

Wise. Up.

Roverstillidie
08/08/2006, 4:17 PM
Drumcondra Red, is the SSC still a figment of my imagination?

Raheny Red
08/08/2006, 5:08 PM

Yes. This is the DGB. :p

Drumcondra Red
08/08/2006, 5:46 PM

It is, yeah, although we do have a group of kids running around acting the hard man, we're dealing with it though, don't worry!

Leeza
08/08/2006, 6:25 PM
At the time it was quite late, and I overemphasised my wording, but I still hold to the fact that its just a few scangers up for a few kicks. You really bigging up something which isn't that big an issue.

And lets leave bigotry to one side, eh Peader?

el punter
08/08/2006, 6:31 PM
At the time it was quite late, and I overemphasised my wording, but I still hold to the fact that its just a few scangers up for a few kicks. You really bigging up something which isn't that big an issue.

And if you have a 6 year old kid or a pregnant wife with you and these scangers kick off, and your family is frightened out of their wits, is that not a big issue Leeza?