PDA

View Full Version : NFL/NCAA 2006 season thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

holidaysong
03/02/2007, 2:25 AM
Is the Super Bowl just available on Sky Sports 1 this year? It has been on ITV for the past two years I recall...

EDIT: Found out it is also on ITV at 10:45pm.

OneRedArmy
04/02/2007, 6:48 PM
In a footnote to the Florida v Ohio State & Leak v Smith discussion a few pages back, they QB`ed on opposite sides in the Senior Bowl last week which is the last chance for graduating college footballers to impress the NFL scouts in real "game" action (before the combines). Probably predictably Smith played reasonably well & Leak was awful, with some predictions that he will go undrafted.

Oh, & before I forget, Go Bears! (definately heart over head).

Soko
05/02/2007, 3:16 AM
In a footnote to the Florida v Ohio State & Leak v Smith discussion a few pages back, they QB`ed on opposite sides in the Senior Bowl last week which is the last chance for graduating college footballers to impress the NFL scouts in real "game" action (before the combines). Probably predictably Smith played reasonably well & Leak was awful, with some predictions that he will go undrafted.

Smith did not perform reasonably well. He's a definite day 2 pick

The SB was a procession, no surprise really. I thought it would be about 30-10 and it would have been bar the KR and missed point. Boring game

strangeirish
05/02/2007, 4:21 AM
Yeah, it was a bit boring. The knives are going to be out for Grossman, but the Bears defense has to shoulder part of the blame. They just couldn't stop the run, which to me was suprising. Having said that, the Colts offensive line played a 'stormer', only allowing one sack and they blew the Bears defensive line out of it. Manning settled down after a nervous start and won the MVP and was efficient to say the least. He hit all his check-downs and when the Bears linebackers and safety's tried to sneak up to the line, he went deep. Of course when your running game is going well, you're going to keep the opposing defense off balance.

Glad Manning won though and delighted for Tony Dungy. The man is a class act. Marvin Harrison must be made of rubber. I thought his knee was gone after taking that one hit. Looked real bad in the replay, but he just shook it off. Colts defense stepped up to the plate again, after being maligned for most of the regular season. I can't believe this is the same team that my Jags beat 44-17 and rushed for 375 yds against just a few months ago.

Dodge
05/02/2007, 9:11 AM
Didn't find it boring at all. One of the better superbowls in recent years IMO. Was talking to a mate and I said Manning didn't deserve the MVP award and he asked me who did. I ccouldn't answer. Just an all round top performance by the Colts. Totally agree with strangeirish about the Colts' offensive line. Manning must have converted about 10 3rd downs (and most of them about 6-10 yards) and that’s the sign of a great OL. (please note these figures may be wrong, just the impression I got ;) )

Clifford
05/02/2007, 1:25 PM
Thought it was a cracker myself, loved the weather playing havoc with handling, the 1st quarter was incredible with all that went on with kick return, turnovers, 3 td's etc.

I'm delighted for Dungy, the man seems to be an all round gent. Manning showed an ability many thought he didn't have - a willingness to let the running game do the job with him and not throwing incessently. Cracking balance to the way he's guided them through the play-off's in general.

MVP for Manning, fair enough, I'd have Addai in there as well on the night cos his handling was almost perfect. Wonder how the Chicago press are going to look at Rex's game?

eamo1
05/02/2007, 2:16 PM
game,just how bad was Grossman though-poor decision making.colts O.L were amazing but also their own defence was pretty good.don johnson on sky sports was cringe worthy he just sat there and nodded his head with everything cecil said and tried to make it look like he knew everything that was going on.still though,it was a good night and im gonna suffer withdrawal symtoms pretty quickly now every sunday night for the spring&summer.im just growing to love the game from starting to watch it a few years ago,its fascinating.roll on september:) .