PDA

View Full Version : Derry match

Bray Head
05/08/2006, 5:45 PM
Our defence was terrible in the first half. We looked ok going forward but every time Derry attacked the defence seemed to panic. The non marking for the first goal was schoolboy stuff. Franco has hit form and the loss of Eamon has'nt effected the goals. 3 in 3 for Franco but we need a decent partner for him. Vint has'nt shown anything yet to suggest he'll be the answer.

Seagull
05/08/2006, 6:49 PM
The defending was just atrocious. McGovern gone, not to the bench but out of the squad. Same for Collie Tresson. What's going on here? Robbie Doyle was found out big time last night, the waste of space shoulda been taken off much sooner. Tyrrell on the other side wasn't much better. But Franco, he's a legend. His goal and especially the making of the second one were top class.

fan_1
05/08/2006, 7:03 PM
agree defending was terrible could of been 5 down before we pulled one back. Mcguirk has no clue heard he has fell out with a lot of players. doyle finally taken off then he stormed to the dressing room mcguirk has no control

jonboy
05/08/2006, 8:08 PM
The defending was just atrocious. McGovern gone, not to the bench but out of the squad. Same for Collie Tresson. What's going on here? Robbie Doyle was found out big time last night, the waste of space shoulda been taken off much sooner. Tyrrell on the other side wasn't much better. But Franco, he's a legend. His goal and especially the making of the second one were top class.

i couldn't believe mcgovern was left out what the f==k was goin on there?? is he injured?? because he was doing very well imo, another thing franco only got his first start in the league 3 games ago why was he not in earlier?? think tony has lost the plot!!

braysnumber1
05/08/2006, 8:52 PM
mcgovern got injured in recent friendly v glenmore last monday. i'm not sure why tresson was dropped. thought deans and willie tyrell did ok but they have no protection from midfield - not going to mention names but in midfield but u have to defend as well as attack... i think time cud soon be up soon for tony...
the team doesnt play football - they just get the ball and hoof it up into the corners. this long ball ****e doesnt work anymore. anytime they got the ball into francos feet he looked dangerous. i think he needs to start robbie doyle in his prefered position in attack - himself and franco mite be gud together.
not the best debut from rogers either very dodgy opening 1/2 hour but then looked solid enough. we need to start cutting out the sloppy mistakes at the back and we'll be fine.

imo startin team for next match shud be: Rogers; McKeever, McGovern, Deans, W Tyrell; Daniels, Tresson, Caffrey, D Tyrell; Doyle, Franco.
they need to get the ball on the ground and play proper football.

pedrostarr
05/08/2006, 10:37 PM
Vint fractured his eye socket early in the game and also suffered a concussion and had no idea until halftime. That should explain why he didnt play so well, but also keep in mind this is his 3rd game. The team has been falling behind 2-0, 3-0 early and that also dictates flow of the game. Didn't Vint have a good opportunity early on in the game? He's had some near misses, the law of averages states that they are eventually bound to start going in.

superfrank
05/08/2006, 11:15 PM
Daz wasn't in the team cause he was sick.

Seagull
06/08/2006, 12:08 AM
Daz wasn't in the team cause he was sick.
Funny they never mentioned that on the club website on Friday when they said he had a full squad to choose from...

Eoingull
06/08/2006, 3:02 AM
With last week off, the new stand and the new players, I was really looking forward to the Derry game...just once this season I'd like to be suprised by a stonking victory! Sadly, on the pitch it was the same auld same auld...very disappointing. Franco again was a cut about EVERY other Bray player...at least this week I felt the other players fed off of his performance and put the full welly in for the last half hour. I don't think the improvement towards the end of the game had anything to do with ingenius tactics or instructions from the bench. I WANT to support what Tony McGuirk is trying to do, but I just don't know what it is yet. Unless there's a radical turnaround in the next few games, I think the writing may be on the wall for our manager. I HATE thinking like this, but these performances just can't continue.
I think Caffo and Robbie, who I felt were our best players over the first series of games, have run out of steam. Foxy used to be a great man for winning the headers, but now he's usually beaten to the ball. I don't know any of the players personally, but we need a few buoyant personalities out there to lift the team. It's all very serious and miserable.
Franco won't be able to keep this one man crusade going forever, and he too will get worn out. Just like they did towards the end of Friday's game, we need a few others to weigh in behind him.
Sorry about using the word "stonking"...I think it was popular sometime in the early 90's!

superfrank
07/08/2006, 8:27 PM
Funny they never mentioned that on the club website on Friday when they said he had a full squad to choose from...

I was told that by people involved in the club.