Heary 76

Sligo Rovers 0-1 UCD 7.45
Sammon 40

Terry
04/08/2006, 8:36 PM
Galway united 0-0 Rover 8.00pm KO

RonnieB
04/08/2006, 8:42 PM
Sorry Terry, forgot to copy that as well. Looking good for yer bet :)

Terry
04/08/2006, 9:18 PM
well bollock thst anyway

gufc 0-1 rovers ft

nshoop
04/08/2006, 9:36 PM
What a way to win!,93rd minute.On the second half performance we deserved to win,all over galway.Was never a sending off btw,won the ball clearly but atleast the ref was consistant(crap)

Terry
04/08/2006, 9:58 PM
who was sent off? says nothing about it on errortel

Joe Strummer
04/08/2006, 10:12 PM

Mick O Donnell was sent off, he went to strike a rovers player and got a straight red

Terry
04/08/2006, 10:18 PM
he must of thought he was still playing for deceased city!

What kind of reception did Cousins get from the rovers supporters, being a legend et al.

EnDai
04/08/2006, 10:24 PM
Finished 1-3 in United Park. Drogs with an injury time penalty. What a display, both defensively (soaked up non-stop Drogs pressure for first 30 minutes) and in attack. Steamrolled! ;)

Poor Student
04/08/2006, 11:01 PM
What kind of reception did Cousins get from the rovers supporters, being a legend et al.

et al. is the abbreviated form of the Latin "et alius" which means "and others". That doesn't really fit into the context there.:confused:

dfx-
04/08/2006, 11:22 PM
.On the second half performance we deserved to win,all over galway.

Ah now I wouldn't go that far..

Student Mullet
05/08/2006, 12:19 AM
et al. is the abbreviated form of the Latin "et alius" which means "and others". That doesn't really fit into the context there.:confused:Nerd! From the original latin 'nerdius maximus' meaning that you are a big nerd.

Gareth
05/08/2006, 1:10 AM
Post Match interviews
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=437

We don't have a highlights package this week as Drogs didn't let our camera in!!

nshoop
05/08/2006, 1:14 AM

He got a standing ovation off every hoop in the house and a round of one tony cousins,legend is an understatement!

Conor H
05/08/2006, 7:12 AM
What a way to win!,93rd minute.On the second half performance we deserved to win,all over galway.Was never a sending off btw,won the ball clearly but atleast the ref was consistant(crap)

No you didn't.The better team lost and you know they did.We domintaed most of the game,had a goal disallowed and looked most likely like the team who would nick unitl O Donnell was sent off.

Raheny Red
05/08/2006, 7:36 AM
We don't have a highlights package this week as Drogs didn't let our camera in!!

:eek: Why? :confused: :rolleyes:

The Stars
05/08/2006, 10:13 AM
it didnt have Foy missing a peno for us tonight either.

Gareth
05/08/2006, 10:15 AM
:eek: Why? :confused:

You'd have to ask the officials of Drogheda about that one. I got two different reasons, but they seemed to settle on one then. However I was told up to arriving at the door, that we could film, but after getting a cameraman and lugging the equipment to the door, we were refused. :)

Passive
05/08/2006, 11:06 AM
No you didn't.The better team lost and you know they did.We domintaed most of the game,had a goal disallowed and looked most likely like the team who would nick unitl O Donnell was sent off.

That's hilarious. It never ceases to amaze me how fans only see what they want to see in matches.

The first half was very even because both sides were rubbish - no chances created, no attacking flair, just 20 men in the centre circle kicking lumps out of each other as is the done thing in this God awful division.

Second half, however, was all Rovers. Granted, the red card did swing things in our favour (he got red for elbowing the Rovers player off the ball, btw) but the last 20 minutes was just wave after wave of Rovers attacks. We got the ball on the deck and actually started playing football. Galway resorted to time wasting with around 20 minutes to go. How you could possibly say that Galway dominated the game is beyond me.

As for Cousins, his entrance was quality. He waited in the changing room for around three minutes after everyone else was gone just so as he could soak up the applause. It would have looked arrogant for anyone else to do it, but Cousins deserves it. Total legend at Rovers, it would not be possible to overstate his God-like status.

As someone made the point on the Ultras board, it was ironic for Cousins' Galway to go down to a last minute goal considering last minute strikes were his trademark as a player.

Conor H
05/08/2006, 12:13 PM
That's hilarious. It never ceases to amaze me how fans only see what they want to see in matches.

The first half was very even because both sides were rubbish - no chances created, no attacking flair, just 20 men in the centre circle kicking lumps out of each other as is the done thing in this God awful division.

Second half, however, was all Rovers. Granted, the red card did swing things in our favour (he got red for elbowing the Rovers player off the ball, btw) but the last 20 minutes was just wave after wave of Rovers attacks. We got the ball on the deck and actually started playing football. Galway resorted to time wasting with around 20 minutes to go. How you could possibly say that Galway dominated the game is beyond me.

As for Cousins, his entrance was quality. He waited in the changing room for around three minutes after everyone else was gone just so as he could soak up the applause. It would have looked arrogant for anyone else to do it, but Cousins deserves it. Total legend at Rovers, it would not be possible to overstate his God-like status.

As someone made the point on the Ultras board, it was ironic for Cousins' Galway to go down to a last minute goal considering last minute strikes were his trademark as a player.

Total rubbish.We were easily as good,probably better actually than yee in the second half.
Remember our disallowed goal?For what?
Rovers were very lucky and i still believe UTD will win the league.

Passive
05/08/2006, 12:47 PM
probably better actually than yee in the second half.

That's priceless.

You should have your own show.

Sam Savic
05/08/2006, 12:56 PM
The Galway goal was disallowed because Barry Murphy ended up in the back of the net. It's normal practise to try to put the ball in the net. The whistle was long gone before the ball ended up in the net. Apart from that, Barry Murphy didn't have one single save to make.
Passive is spot on with his analysis. The first half was dire. The second half didn't start much better but gradually, Rovers took control, even before the sending off. A well deserved victory in the end.

holidaysong
05/08/2006, 1:04 PM
Jammy homeless baxtards! A 0-0 draw was just too much to ask for...

hoopy
05/08/2006, 2:17 PM
When a team sets their stall out for a draw from an early stage they deserve nothing, and Galway, like Athlone last week who were intent on breaking up as many Hoops as they could, got what they deserved

nshoop
05/08/2006, 2:22 PM
Galway players and fans(all 20 of them),were happy that they were drawing for all the second half,it seems to be common place against us this year

Patrick Dunne
05/08/2006, 3:48 PM
GUFC were holding on for on draw .... after we were reduced to ten men, away from home, to the league leaders, with 15 minutes to go. Correct.

Our manager ran with outstretched arms to the Rovers supporters after losing the game in the last minute ! Deluded.

Rory H
05/08/2006, 3:49 PM
Galway players and fans(all 20 of them),were happy that they were drawing for all the second half,it seems to be common place against us this year

someone told me they were bringing 150 fans

Conor H
05/08/2006, 3:53 PM

All 60 of us were louder than yere lot anyway.
Rovers fans have delusions of grandeur about their own ability in making noise.3 time si've been at a GUFC v Rovers match this year and have been dissapointed with yere "ultras" all 3 times.
Derry,Cork etc have been much better.
It was an even game right up until the sending off.Got what we deserved?Hardly!
Rovers will drop alot more points before the season is out and if UTD react well in Limerick on Tuesday im confident we can win the league.Yee lot still have to come to Terryland-again!

Conor H
05/08/2006, 3:53 PM
someone told me they were bringing 150 fans

About 60-80 UTD fans.Lower than expected but it is race week.

Rory H
05/08/2006, 4:07 PM
About 60-80 UTD fans.Lower than expected but it is race week.

not too bad....we brought slightly higher....if the game was on a saturday we would have brought more....maybe i would add "and in the winter " but i couldnt be arsed debating that

mypost
05/08/2006, 4:13 PM
Total rubbish.We were easily as good,probably better actually than yee in the second half. Rovers were very lucky and i still believe UTD will win the league.

We're 4 points clear, with a game in hand, and with 2 games on several others. The league is all over bar the shouting. Why? Because we have the best GD, least goals against, less games played, and comfortably clear. Unlike Limerick, we won't lose a 4 point lead. Why? Because we are simply better than everyone else.

Another fully deserved win btw, payback for the defeat in Galway in June.

dfx-
05/08/2006, 5:14 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how fans only see what they want to see in matches.

You watched a different game to me Passive.

How the second half was all Rovers is baffling. We had the ball, but we can have the ball we like, we did NOTHING with it. A few nice passes from side-to-side and a quite a good few random hoofs from Murphy when he collected the ball. And from where I was it looked a perfectly good goal for Galway. Wave after wave of attacks? How many shots on target can you remember that owed to a wave of attack? I said to the lad standing beside me as the fourth official put the board up that there's only consolation winning 1-0 and saying everything's alright...because it isn't and despite the winning goal from a Galway mistake after another fruitless misplaced pass from Rovers should win the league, I'm not going to be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Galway came for a point to keep the gap at a point with us at home and half the season left, of course they'd hold for a draw away to us. It didn't look like we could do anything about it..like whene Dundalk did...and Kilkenny a...

And given that I was up at the Ballybough end of the main stand, all I could hear was Galway fans until the last minute.

YNWA in Athlone...

holidaysong
05/08/2006, 5:39 PM
The league is all over bar the shouting... we are simply better than everyone else.

:D :eek: :D

Did you keep a straight face when you said that? I have been to all three of our games against you lot this season and you really are nothing to write home about. We definately deserved a win from one of the Tolka games. We are in great form at the minute. I'm certain Rovers have enough time left in the season to slip up and when that happens there are enough teams waiting to take advantage of it.

nshoop
05/08/2006, 8:34 PM
Rovers fans have delusions of grandeur about their own ability in making noise.3 time si've been at a GUFC v Rovers match this year and have been dissapointed with yere "ultras" all 3 times.
It was an even game right up until the sending off.Got what we deserved?Hardly!
Rovers will drop alot more points before the season is out and if UTD react well in Limerick on Tuesday im confident we can win the league.Yee lot still have to come to Terryland-again!

All I could hear was the faint sound of a few drums being drowned out by our singing and we brought 150-200 atleast to galway and made lots of noise.Yous are second in the league,have won big games in the last few weeks and you bring 30(thats as high as I'll go,stop kidding yourself),and derry and cork are at the top of the premier and we still outnumber and outsing them why?,cause we are Shamrock Rovers,who the f*ck are you?

nshoop
05/08/2006, 8:47 PM
You watched a different game to me Passive.

How the second half was all Rovers is baffling. We had the ball, but we can have the ball we like, we did NOTHING with it. A few nice passes from side-to-side and a quite a good few random hoofs from Murphy when he collected the ball. And from where I was it looked a perfectly good goal for Galway. Wave after wave of attacks? How many shots on target can you remember that owed to a wave of attack? I said to the lad standing beside me as the fourth official put the board up that there's only consolation winning 1-0 and saying everything's alright...because it isn't and despite the winning goal from a Galway mistake after another fruitless misplaced pass from Rovers should win the league, I'm not going to be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Galway came for a point to keep the gap at a point with us at home and half the season left, of course they'd hold for a draw away to us. It didn't look like we could do anything about it..like whene Dundalk did...and Kilkenny a...

And given that I was up at the Ballybough end of the main stand, all I could hear was Galway fans until the last minute.

YNWA in Athlone...

I was wondering how you could come up with this mind-boggling boll*cks until your last sentence.If you had been up the right end for the second half with all the other hoops giving it socks you might have seen the game.I've been critical of this rovers team all season but the second half performance was something else,they came out and decided to pass the ball and use the width which all great hoops teams have and galway had no answer but to boot the ball away if they got the chance.A little more experience and a better final ball and it would have been a massacre.This rovers side has huge potential and heart and ger rowe is a class act and you must have been the only hoop coming out of tolka with a negative view.If the finishing improves and we continue to pass the ball well then god help borehemians!

dfx-
05/08/2006, 9:02 PM
If you had been up the right end for the second half with all the other hoops giving it socks you might have seen the game.

A little more experience and a better final ball and it would have been a massacre.If the finishing improves and we continue to pass the ball well then god help borehemians!

Jaysus, I know Tolka isn't in the best state, but I didn't think sitting in a particular area of the ground makes an impact on what I see on the pitch..

More experience, finishing and passing? Is that all? That's alright then - only two fundamental parts of the game to catch up on..:rolleyes:

The 'right end'.....................:D

Anto McC
05/08/2006, 9:31 PM

Again,i agree 100%!
As i have said i've watched Rovers a good few times this year and i was very dissapointed too.Spent force in the stands too!

nshoop
05/08/2006, 11:21 PM
Jaysus, I know Tolka isn't in the best state, but I didn't think sitting in a particular area of the ground makes an impact on what I see on the pitch..

More experience, finishing and passing? Is that all? That's alright then - only two fundamental parts of the game to catch up on..:rolleyes:

The 'right end'.....................:D

Clearly it did make an impact because I don't know what game you were watching and I can see your not the best at the old maths so i'll give you a hand,passing-good,finishing-bad=one fundamental part of the game to catch up on,understand?I'd help you with your knowledge of the game except I've nothing to start with,koh or F*ck off to dalymount where manager-out songs are common place and the more of a moan and a w*nker you are,the better.

dfx-
06/08/2006, 2:40 AM
Sorry nshoop, yes nshoop, of course nshoop, everything's perfect nshoop, certainly nshoop......:)

hoopy
06/08/2006, 9:14 AM
Again,i agree 100%!
As i have said i've watched Rovers a good few times this year and i was very dissapointed too.Spent force in the stands too!

To be fair Anto it would take a seismic shift of biblical proportions for you, like 99% of your fellow Shels fans, to say anything good about Rovers so your comments regarding Rovers don't really count

Anto McC
06/08/2006, 10:21 AM
Have a check on back on some of my many posts?
You'll see i have said many good things about Shamrock Rovers or i could name some of your fellow Rovers supporters who will tell you of my many good words for Rovers!

It'd be nice though if you all stopped patting yourselves on the back for a job well done,despite the fact it hasn't been a job well done!

nshoop
06/08/2006, 3:00 PM
Sorry nshoop, yes nshoop, of course nshoop, everything's perfect nshoop, certainly nshoop......:)

Not perfect,but getting better as all good hoops fans will tell you

DvB
08/08/2006, 9:15 AM
To be fair the atmosphere at pretty much all of our games this season has been poor compared to previous seasons, i for one purely base this on the fact its first division football we're watching & in that respect difficult to get excited about, the fact we're playing a workmanlike brand of football more often than not (it gets results but is no Brazil circa 1970) with the sole intention of topping the division says it all, i'm treating this season as something to be endured rather than enjoyed, i would imagine i'm far from alone in feeling this.

Fair play to the Galway lads for travelling, they did indeed make a bit of noise & could be heard from the main stand for spells throughout the 90 minutes, maybe not as voiciferous as they would imagine but definitely present & correct! I look forward to the final installment in Terryland in October, a sound (if understandably disappointed) bunch of lads!

Koh

WeAreRovers
08/08/2006, 11:09 AM
Again,i agree 100%!

I realise you're a sad Shels WUM but seriously ask yourself two questions - 1) Which club has the higher attendances? 2) Which club is in which division?

The day when I accept utter codswallop like "spent force in the stands too" from a Shels fan is still at least 2 millenia away. :rolleyes:

KOH

nshoop
08/08/2006, 2:46 PM
Definite sending off, he was getting booked for the tackle but decided to lash out with the elbow.

Sorry,what I meant was he won the ball so it wasn't a free and therefore the scenario in which he hit our fella should never have arisen but I think the ref gave the free because he did it to us all game when we won the ball

mypost
08/08/2006, 2:50 PM
Sorry,what I meant was he won the ball so it wasn't a free and therefore the scenario in which he hit our fella should never have arisen but I think the ref gave the free because he did it to us all game when we won the ball

:confused:

First, he scythed our man down, then he shoved another player in the chest, Rooney-esque. There's only one punishment for that, i.e. the shower!

nshoop
08/08/2006, 2:59 PM
:confused:

First, he scythed our man down, then he shoved another player in the chest, Rooney-esque. There's only one punishment for that, i.e. the shower!

Well I think we're going a bit english and gay if we start giving frees and cards for sliding and winning the ball!,whatever happened to football?

mypost
08/08/2006, 3:15 PM
Well I think we're going a bit english if we start giving frees and cards for sliding and winning the ball!,whatever happened to football?

The challenge was a red on it's own, never mind the shove to go with it.

nshoop
08/08/2006, 7:50 PM
The challenge was a red on it's own, never mind the shove to go with it.

I tell you what,we'll both watch el weekly and then confirm or change are versions of what happened.