PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 0 UCD 1

sligobhoy67
04/08/2006, 7:30 PM
0-0 so far, I hear its a pretty tight aka shiite game so far

Poor Student
04/08/2006, 7:33 PM
1-0 to UCD. Conor Sammon header. Commentary disappeared from Ocean FM in the last 5 mins. I missed the goal.

Poor Student
04/08/2006, 8:01 PM
Foy missed a penalty. Commentator claims Quigley was on the 6 yard line by the time he took it.:confused:

Poor Student
04/08/2006, 8:47 PM
UCD take all three points. Our first win in 7 games and Sligo's first home defeat of the season.

Red&White Rover
04/08/2006, 9:16 PM
Foy missed a penalty. Commentator claims Quigley was on the 6 yard line by the time he took it.:confused:

yup, foy kinda stopped mid way to hitting and the goalie jumped miles off the line, and when foy hit it, he saved.

but anyway, heartless tonight, disappointing performance from Rovers.

Asiein, was quiet when he came on, and Mansaram and Singh played well i thought. (singh came on for Cash, who was disappointing).

It really seemed that the defence was missing Burnsy!

red bellied
04/08/2006, 10:15 PM
Rovers were brutal long balls up to Flash and Judge all night, the two boys won f uck all in the air with the UCD centre halfs coming off the best. Terrible fare to look at. UCD played some football and deserved the win.

The Stars
05/08/2006, 10:09 AM
Ya missed Turner badly in the middle.O'Grady ran his socks off and was the only one who really can say they tried their best.
Choice looks like a class act,only got a few touches on the ball but everytime he did,he got something going and if he starts the next game he will make a big impact.
Judge was horrible again,there keeper couldnt kick snow off a rope but everytime he had it on the ground in the box,Judge just walked up to him before he would kick it.He put presure on him once and when he did,the keepr kicked it straight to Cash.
we were afraid to shoot all match,one in the first and a few in the second.
Id say Sean will give them an earfull about the result and more importantly the performance.
Fair play to the UCD fans,sang the whole game;)

Red&White Rover
05/08/2006, 10:11 AM
Choice looks like a class act.

only thing, he didnt seem to want to head the ball much!

The Stars
05/08/2006, 11:49 AM
if we get it to him on the ground,he is well able to turn and is not afraid to shoot,unlike most of the other players.

Red&White Rover
05/08/2006, 11:57 AM
if we get it to him on the ground,he is well able to turn and is not afraid to shoot,unlike most of the other players.

yeah, from what i seen i would agree with that, seems to have very good touches

roversforever
05/08/2006, 2:28 PM
second half performance was decent but the first half was a joke.looked to me like the boys were too complacent.i've stated here before that im not a mcnamara fan and i think i was proved right last night.without burnsy he's nothing.he's as slow as xmas too.last night he was the main centre half and you expected hime to take responsibility and lead by example with young makenzie beside him.that didn't happen.i know jamie made some mistakes too but i thought he was by far the better of the two.captain....what a joke.faz's diving is also geting ridiculous.that was never a peno and he should actually have been booked for it.thought foyzers peno was very casual..it wasn't the time to be trying a peno like that.on the positive side i thought cash was quite good and conor was also excellent.we have good cover too in richard brush.choice looked ok but for such a big man he won nothing in the air.we prob deserved a point on the second half performance but overall a dissappointing night.

red arrow
05/08/2006, 5:56 PM
i would agree with most comments made. judge has to be dropped at this stage. i though tha choice was very good on the ground good touch and strong. he will be a great asset was a bit off tempo jumping for the ball but this will get sorted out. i would agree that mcnamara was vey poor without burns. he needs him beside him as burns controls the defence. we played into there hands in the first half second half was better i also thought that the referee put foy off by delaying the peno and that keeper was off his line.maybe with the bogey team out of the way we will get back to playing well. players need to remain focused as the next few weeks for the club are very important financially. if we can get a result in drogheda and beat bray in league and cup the crowds will improve comming into the dark evenings. incidently crowd was 1100 last night i have it from good source

pineapple stu
05/08/2006, 7:04 PM
incidently crowd was 1100 last night I have it from good source
About right, I'd say. Kept on visibly increasing even up till a quarter of an hour in.

Nice to see some objective analysis (don't mean to be patronising!!) about the game. Was amazed by how poor Sligo were. I can only assume it's not like that every week! We were very comfortable at half time. Penalty was iffy at best - think he was pushed, but he was going down already - and probably should have been retaken. That said, how Foy missed when Quigley was sitting down as the ball was struck is a mystery!

Number 10 is Ronan Finn. Quality player. Hasn't played ten games for us yet either. Looks a massive prospect.

Incidentally, did youz go through the First Division unbeaten at home last year as well? Is it possible that last night was your first home defeat since...UCD in 2004?

Fair play to the UCD fans,sang the whole game
When in Rome... ;)

DmanDmythDledge
05/08/2006, 7:13 PM
Incidentally, did youz go through the First Division unbeaten at home last year as well? Is it possible that last night was your first home defeat since...UCD in 2004?RTÉ radio said a year to the day since last home defeat for Sligo.

pineapple stu
05/08/2006, 7:15 PM
Yeah, thought it was hoping for too much alright. Two defeats in the title winning year - against Dundalk last August and against Monaghan (:confused:). Athlone beat them after us the previous year as well.

Rovers1
05/08/2006, 8:21 PM
shows again that faz MUST be dropped..hes not fit(or else very very lazy) doesnt play for the shirt and hasnt since last season (apart from one or two games) sean,its time to drop Kudozivic and make him work for his place...hes in a comfort zone,and he knows as long as he turns up for training and games,he'll get a starting place! i dont know whether sean is trying to prove a point by playing faz,but Faz obviously isnt good enough for the premier!

didnt like how all the boo's rang around showgies last night...very unfair i think.

pineapple stu
05/08/2006, 8:25 PM
Actually - was Mansaram the black forward who started? He had a brutal game, I thought. Looked really clumsy with the ball and didn't do much - even fell over trying to cross at one stage (though recovered to knock our captain out...)

sligoman
05/08/2006, 9:31 PM
Worst Eircom league game I've ever seen. Worst performance from Rovers I've ever seen. Not worth commenting on:mad:. Drogs will kill us next Sunday!

red bellied
05/08/2006, 11:05 PM
Crowd was easily 1500 stand was three quarters full a couple of hundred around the rest of the ground. Sean Connors tactics of hoofing the ball towards the front line have paid dividends until now but came a cropper last night. He needs to get the side passing the ball from the back instead of looking to feed off the scraps off the long ball up.

Rovers1
06/08/2006, 12:12 PM
Drogs will kill us next Sunday!

i can actually see us getting a draw up there,Drogs have a great team but arent unbeatable...a Rovers backlash,me thinks!:D ;)

pineapple stu
06/08/2006, 12:18 PM
Come on Stu some of the balls that were played in his direction had ice on them when they came down
Yeah, maybe. But I had to laugh when he fell over trying to get a cross in! Maybe with better service he'd have done something.

Have to disagree with you about it being the worst eL game ever by the way (or maybe you just haven't seen that many!). Though I can understand your frustration! Thought it was a decent game myself, with UCD playing smoe neat football and Sligo having a lot of pressure towards the end, but our defending was superb. Good game overall, in my opinion.

No way was there 1500 there though, red bellied!

Red4Eva
06/08/2006, 8:07 PM
no way was the crowd 1500, it was around 1100. hopefully the MC give up on their stupid experiment NOW! most frustrating disorganised performance under sean connor. we're lost without burnsy, no leader or organiser on friday. service was terrible to judgey but there's still no excuse for how little he did. faz has to be dropped now. thought cash was ok but no1 could be happy with their performance apart from brush. thought ucd were quite good when they beat us 3-0 but didn't think much of em on friday. if we were at the races at all we would have beat em easily. bunch of f*ckin panzies too, hit da deck for 5 mins if they got hit with the ball. ref was ur typical eircom league standard, must have felt guilty for giving the penalty so he did everything within his power to put foyzer off&quigley was at least 3 yards off his line as well. not looking forward to playin ucd again. i'm willing to forgive this performance as long as they learn from it

pineapple stu
06/08/2006, 10:47 PM
Not being to that many your having a laugh stu ? I say easily been to more League of Ireland games than you or any other Johnny come lately will ever be at.
I think I've deciphered what you're on about with that above post, and if so, you clearly didn't read mine fully before waffling away. Try reading it properly and having another go. Thanks.

sligoman
06/08/2006, 11:09 PM
Anyway anybody who says that Mansaram was poor the other night is obviously not used to wathcing a footballing team.In fairness RT, flash wasn't great. But I don't blame him, I blame the poor delivery of balls to him.

Rory H
07/08/2006, 3:08 PM
Worst Eircom league game I've ever seen. Worst performance from Rovers I've ever seen. Not worth commenting on:mad:. Drogs will kill us next Sunday!

thats the stupidest thing i have ever read on here....you must have the memory of a goldfish

Red&White Rover
07/08/2006, 8:03 PM
Worst Eircom league game I've ever seen. Worst performance from Rovers I've ever seen. Not worth commenting on. Drogs will kill us next Sunday!
thats the stupidest thing i have ever read on here....you must have the memory of a goldfish

no its just being childish and fickle...like Roddy Collins.

sligoman
07/08/2006, 10:20 PM
Lads, I'm judging the game, not the season as a whole. Our season's going great but just face it, our performance against UCD was ****e!

pineapple stu
08/08/2006, 12:54 PM
What's your sig refer to, by the way? Or do I want to know?

sligoman
08/08/2006, 1:00 PM
What's your sig refer to, by the way? Or do I want to know?Well what's George O'Callaghan known for?(apart from his bags of skill that is:)).

pineapple stu
08/08/2006, 1:02 PM
Going on strike.

So it's a reference to us always striking the net against youz? :p

sligoman
08/08/2006, 1:04 PM
Going on strike.

So it's a reference to us always striking the net against youz? :pClose. But really it's about the diving, timewasting, cheating scum of a team ye have:p.

pineapple stu
08/08/2006, 1:05 PM
Oh, so you're bitter? ;)

Maybe you oculd start up another one of those cauldron of hate things you were on about last week. That calmed me down anyway.

sligoman
08/08/2006, 1:10 PM
Maybe you oculd start up another one of those cauldron of hate things you were on about last week. That calmed me down anyway.Actually I never said anything about abusing yer man Kenna. That was Rogue Trader and a few others. I will however be shouting constant abuse at Darren Quigley at our next game in November. Mightn't necessarily bother him but it will certainly make me feel better;).

Rory H
10/08/2006, 6:31 PM
. I will however be shouting constant abuse at Darren Quigley at our next game in November..

theres more chance of ucd winning the league than that happening

sligoman
10/08/2006, 8:59 PM
theres more chance of ucd winning the league than that happeningIf I'm at the game, you'll see(well, you'll hear really!);)