PDA

View Full Version : TG4 to screen Cup derby

Pages : [1] 2

BrayUnknowns
04/08/2006, 1:38 PM
Irish language broadcaster TG4 will carry live coverage of the FAI Carlsberg Cup clash between Dublin rivals Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians later this month.

The old foes go head-to-head at Tolka Park on August 25th in the third round of the competition. More (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=23762)

About bloody time one of the stations got there finger out

NY Hoop
04/08/2006, 1:42 PM
Thats been on www.shamrockrovers.ie for days

Cant wait!

KOH

Jerry The Saint
04/08/2006, 2:39 PM
Strange choice, although I suppose TG4 sees it as a potential upset and an opportunity for giantkilling. BBC often show FA Cup games when a Premier club has to visit a lower-league team - the magic of the cup and all that!

dcfcsteve
04/08/2006, 2:42 PM
Strange indeed.

Tie of the round for 3rd-year running is Shels v City, so why not show that ?

Dramatically less chance of any trouble at the Shels game as well.

nshoop
04/08/2006, 2:43 PM
Strange choice, although I suppose TG4 sees it as a potential upset and an opportunity for giantkilling. BBC often show FA Cup games when a Premier club has to visit a lower-league team - the magic of the cup and all that!

I can't see bohs doing a giantkilling on it to be honest

hoops1
04/08/2006, 2:44 PM
Giantkilling! Your obviously suffering temp insanity through grieving
tho if you followed DC for 6 years it might be more permanent
I get yourself checked out

nshoop
04/08/2006, 2:44 PM
Strange indeed.

I thought tv3 were going to show that or setanta?

Raheny Red
04/08/2006, 2:45 PM
The Shels-Derry game is now on the Sunday so hopefully one of the TV companies come in for it!

BohsFans
04/08/2006, 2:51 PM
Strange indeed.

Tie of the round is the scum vs. Bohs for sure.

The TG4 live game is always shown on Friday night, so that's why it's not Shels v Derry.

hoops1
04/08/2006, 2:57 PM
Suprised you have time to even think about tie of the round never mind post
on it or on the likelyhood of trouble.
Shouldnt you be dedicating your whole life to whether or not its
Derry or Londonderry

nshoop
04/08/2006, 2:59 PM
Can't see us losing in tolka to be honest,we've been unstoppable there this season.Farrely is basically their only quality player!

BohsFans
04/08/2006, 3:03 PM
Can't see us losing in tolka to be honest,we've been unstoppable there this season.Farrely is basically their only quality player!

Shows how little you know!

Were gonna be up against kids & journeymen, shouldn't be too hard.

BohsPartisan
04/08/2006, 3:06 PM

You haven't lost in Tolka because you've been playing other first division sides. Here's hoping for tonight though eh? ;)

mypost
04/08/2006, 3:06 PM

Stand-up wannabees wanted for 25th August at The Laughter Lounge, Tolka Park, Dublin. Only Bohemians football fans/comics need apply.

:D :D :D

hoops1
04/08/2006, 3:08 PM
It was kids and journeymen the last time we met
only ten of them to be exact
And we still won 3-1

nshoop
04/08/2006, 3:11 PM
Shows how little you know!

Boll*cks,we've the best keeper in the league by a country mile,solid back four with plenty of replacements if needed,a midfield that has learned how to get the ball down and play(cut through athlone like they weren't there) and plenty of options up front.Mark o'brien realised what yous were about and got out quick and he'll cut through yous no probs.All honesty,the more I've seen of bohs the more confident I get!

BohsPartisan
04/08/2006, 3:14 PM
Eh Mark who?

NY Hoop
04/08/2006, 3:15 PM
Mark O'Brien is cup tied.

Thanks to Derry advancing in Europe this game is live. And it is the tie of the round.

KOH

nshoop
04/08/2006, 3:17 PM

KOH

Boll*cks! Ah we'll beat them anyway

BohsFans
04/08/2006, 3:18 PM
Boll*cks,we've the best keeper in the league by a country mile,solid back four with plenty of replacements if needed,a midfield that has learned how to get the ball down and play(cut through athlone like they weren't there) and plenty of options up front.Mark o'brien realised what yous were about and got out quick and he'll cut through yous no probs.All honesty,the more I've seen of bohs the more confident I get!

Your argument just lost all credibilty when you said Athlone! :D
I could "cut through athlone like they weren't there" FFS :rolleyes:
We ****ed on them 4-0 down there this season, with A LOT to spare.

Just face it, your nobodys from the graveyard league where you belong.

BohsFans
04/08/2006, 3:22 PM

Thanks to Derry advancing in Europe this game is live. And it is the tie of the round.

KOH

He's no lose anyway. I wish he was playing.

He couldn't even cut it against the mighty Waterford Crystal's midfield and thus was hauled off after half an hour. Shocking footballer.

nshoop
04/08/2006, 3:25 PM
Just face it, your nobodys from the graveyard league where you belong.

:rolleyes: :D :D -this guy cracks me up

BohsPartisan
04/08/2006, 3:27 PM
This is what we've been missing this year. Best Thread Ever.

NY Hoop
04/08/2006, 3:29 PM
He's no lose anyway. I wish he was playing.

He couldn't even cut it against the mighty Waterford Crystal's midfield and thus was hauled off after half an hour. Shocking footballer.

You're very much mistaken. As history has proven any player that goes to the nobodies instantly turns into garbage.

MOB is one example. Tony **** is another (I'm going to boez to win trophies:D ), Terry Palmer, James Keddy.

Boez need this game more than us. There only chance of a trophy plus they'll be on the box.

Hopefully a great crowd and a win for us would be a bonus but winning this league is more important.

KOH

nshoop
04/08/2006, 3:30 PM
This is what we've been missing this year. Best Thread Ever.

Ah have you missed us?Can't say the same I'm afraid:D

nshoop
04/08/2006, 3:32 PM
You're very much mistaken. As history has proven any player that goes to the nobodies instantly turns into garbage.

MOB is one example. Tony **** is another (I'm going to boez to win trophies:D ), Terry Palmer, James Keddy.

Boez need this game more than us. There only chance of a trophy plus they'll be on the box.

Hopefully a great crowd and a win for us would be a bonus but winning this league is more important.

KOH

Good point

BohsPartisan
04/08/2006, 3:34 PM
Ah have you missed us?Can't say the same I'm afraid:D

Of course you haven't. You've enjoyed winning games on a regular basis for a change.

nshoop
04/08/2006, 3:36 PM
Of course you haven't. You've enjoyed winning games on a regular basis for a change.

Oh this is rich,how are yous doin yourselves?

hoops1
04/08/2006, 3:38 PM
Wrong
One thing about Rovers is they are as fit as fcuk,
They train like a full time outfit
If it comes down to fitness we will win

mypost
04/08/2006, 3:44 PM
I smell a giant Killing act on the Horizon, No only joking i cant see Bohs loosing to Shams but it would be a real Magical fairytale moment both for Shams and the league in general if they could upset the apple cart and knock one of the big boys out. I think Shams will be found out playing against a full time outfit i'd say their legs will go in the last 20 minutes, but here is hoping !

More comedy quality. Are you auditioning for the position? :D

BohsPartisan
04/08/2006, 3:45 PM
Back to back wins, not bad. Obviously not great by our standards, but that would be hard to explain to a Rovers fan. :cool:

hoops1
04/08/2006, 3:47 PM
standards?:rolleyes:

BrayUnknowns
04/08/2006, 3:54 PM
we've the best keeper in the league by a country mile

Would you come off it ! Murphy is a good kepper alright but no were near benig the best in the eircom League. You can't call him the best keeper in the league by miles after having 1 or 2 good seasons. At the end of the day he conceded over 50 goals last season. This season is a totally different kettle of fish being in the 1st division.

Devine, Connor, Ryan, Rogers, Forde, Quigley, Delaney are all better than him.

harry crumb
04/08/2006, 4:01 PM
:ball: This is going to be a massive game and I can see a lot of neutrals heading along.

I would expect Boez to win, depends on injuries for Boez and how Rovers new strikeforce has settled at that stage.

NY Hoop
04/08/2006, 4:03 PM
Back to back wins, not bad. Obviously not great by our standards, but that would be hard to explain to a Rovers fan. :cool:

He said standards:D :D

KOH

Sam Savic
04/08/2006, 4:05 PM
Would you come off it ! Murphy is a good kepper alright but no were near benig the best in the eircom League. You can't call him the best keeper in the league by miles after having 1 or 2 good seasons. At the end of the day he conceded over 50 goals last season. This season is a totally different kettle of fish being in the 1st division.

Devine, Connor, Ryan, Rogers, Forde, Quigley, Delaney are all better than him.

Have to agree with nshoop here. I think Murphy is better than all on your list. I think we'll see in time just how good he is.

nshoop
04/08/2006, 4:17 PM

So we want farrely out was all a bit of a p*ss take? or maybe it's because you've been down the bottom of the league for most the season struggling to beat even more pathetic teams than yourselves!You'll always be the third team in dublin(no offence pats fans) with the chip on your shoulder:p

BrayUnknowns
04/08/2006, 4:19 PM
Have to agree with nshoop here. I think Murphy is better than all on your list. I think we'll see in time just how good he is.

But of course you would, Your Rovers ! :D

I'm not saying in time he won't be the best but as of now he's not.

P.S - This turnnig into a usual Rovers/Bohs hate fest.... Grow up boys....

nshoop
04/08/2006, 4:25 PM
But of course you would, Your Rovers ! :D

I'm not saying in time he won't be the best but as of now he's not.

P.S - This turnnig into a usual Rovers/Bohs hate fest.... Grow up boys....

I think your a little lonely without a derby and feeling a bit jealous?If it helps I'll always consider yous and bohs as a derby because yous are both about the same size,-club wise and importance.

Sniffer
04/08/2006, 4:26 PM
A chairde, ta ana athas orm go mbeidh an cluiche seo ar an teilifis. Bulabus go TG4:eek:

BohDiddley
04/08/2006, 4:28 PM
I smell a giant Killing act on the Horizon, No only joking i cant see Bohs loosing to Shams but it would be a real Magical fairytale moment both for Shams and the league in general if they could upset the apple cart and knock one of the big boys out. I think Shams will be found out playing against a full time outfit i'd say their legs will go in the last 20 minutes, but here is hoping !
This is a cup tie and a derby that any minnow team could win.
I know next to nothing about the current sham outfit, apart from the fact that they allegedly can cut through the might of Athlone's midfield, and that Mark O'Brien is the worst player I've seen in a Bohs jersey. But we have had, to say the least, an unsteady season so won't be taking anything for granted. David and Goliath it ain't.

nshoop
04/08/2006, 4:28 PM
A chairde, ta ana athas orm go mbeidh an cluiche seo ar an teilifis. Bulabus go TG4:eek:

Sea,beidh se go maith le cunamh De!

nshoop
04/08/2006, 4:34 PM
I know next to nothing about the current sham outfit, apart from the fact that they allegedly can cut through the might of Athlone's midfield, and that Mark O'Brien is the worst player I've seen in a Bohs jersey. But we have had, to say the least, an unsteady season so won't be taking anything for granted. David and Goliath it ain't.

Covering his arse already

mypost
04/08/2006, 4:40 PM

Bohs are the minnows. :D

BohsPartisan
04/08/2006, 4:47 PM
or maybe it's because you've been down the bottom of the league for most the season struggling to beat even more pathetic teams than yourselves!

That must be familiar to you.
Cough* CHF Cough

See this is what I've missed about the hoops. The delusions of grandeur. Rovers are a thing of the past here in terms of being a football power. Shels will soon literally be a thing in the past. Bohs and Pats are Dublin's big two (at least will be in 5 years time).

nshoop
04/08/2006, 4:52 PM
That must be familiar to you.
Cough* CHF Cough

See this is what I've missed about the hoops. The delusions of grandeur. Rovers are a thing of the past here in terms of being a football power. Shels will soon literally be a thing in the past. Bohs and Pats are Dublin's big two (at least will be in 5 years time).

We had no money,were trying to keep the club in existance and were deducted 8 points,what's your excuse?-oh yeah,sh*t club,no fans!

Roverstillidie
04/08/2006, 5:23 PM
best time possible to play the vermin.

they are in disarray on the pitch and there is a civil war off it. casuals threatening board members and the usual miscontent bordering on violence that we associate with them.

they are a kick and chase team struggling in the premier with a bunch of over paid misfits (arkins, seriously...) while scully has been ruthless in assembling a young and hungry side that will probably be fitter than the drinking club of 'fulltime professionals' that are conning the gypos out of massive money.

we have conceded 5 goals in 19 league games and crushed pats in the LC. regardless of the standard of opposition, thats impressive and barring the usual refereeing incompetence and attention seeking, its a home banker.

dfx-
04/08/2006, 5:42 PM
Ohhhhhh Doooooooodge, we're at it again..;)

I've said it before I'll say it again Murphy is the best keeper in the league for some time. Without bias. Without him relegation would've been much quicker last season.

Rovers have a genuine chance, but I won't hold my breath. The pressure's on Bohs after all, they have to win aside from it being the derby.

We're at home, we're not going to be in that Connaught St. end, the pressure's off Rovers, it's on tv and it is indeed boys and girls the tie of the round and always will be.:)

BohsPartisan
05/08/2006, 2:01 AM
best time possible to play the vermin.

they are in disarray on the pitch and there is a civil war off it. casuals threatening board members and the usual miscontent bordering on violence that we associate with them.

As opposed to you lot :rolleyes:

Otherwise I agree with you, there is no better time to play us. We were awful tonight. Wouldn't wish that football on my worst enemy.

chippie0001
05/08/2006, 8:57 AM
[QUOTE=NY Hoop;
[/QUOTE]

Surely since there is no promotion/relegation and access to the new league for you will more than likelt come down to stadia rather than where you finish this year, the cup is just as important to you as it is us? Since winning the cup actually has something associated with it and the league does not, how is it more important?