PDA

View Full Version : Flags A Must For Germany Game

Gary Breen No.1
04/08/2006, 12:57 PM
I think all fans should bring a flag with them to the game, we are not particularly noted for are flag carrying.

So Everyone going bring the ol' Tri-colour if we have 20,000 of them in the stadium it would look savage.

Sligo Hornet
04/08/2006, 1:36 PM
I think all fans should bring a flag with them to the game, we are not particularly noted for are flag carrying.

So Everyone going bring the ol' Tri-colour if we have 20,000 of them in the stadium it would look savage.

I thought we had a good number of flags on display at Paris, and also at Cyprus.........but agreed one each held a loft for the National Anthem would be a fantastic sight for our team.....and intimidating for the "few" Germans who managed to get tickets!!:D

onenilgameover
04/08/2006, 1:38 PM

We aren't?

NeilMcD
04/08/2006, 1:51 PM
Yeah I was reading Flag monthly last week and we featured quite low down their list of top flag waving football fans.

Sligo Hornet
04/08/2006, 2:02 PM
Yeah I was reading Flag monthly last week and we featured quite low down their list of top flag waving football fans.

Poor old Neil........things have got that bad have they?....."Flag Monthly"?:D :D

NeilMcD
04/08/2006, 2:04 PM
A featured magazine on Have I got News for you. Thats when my passion for flags first started. Anyway must go and see my councillor about my flag obsession.

Sligo Hornet
04/08/2006, 2:11 PM
A featured magazine on Have I got News for you. Thats when my passion for flags first started. Anyway must go and see my councillor about my flag obsession.

I'm sure that particular magazine was referring to "Patio Flags"............."Matron Neil needs some assistance!! ":D

Forever Dreamin
04/08/2006, 3:08 PM
our favourite paper :rolleyes: the star could well afford to give out flags to all leaving the airports on the way over, similat to ht eBank of scotland try things for the leinster rugby! only posting this cos we know this is where the star get thier news form :D :D

Bluetonic
04/08/2006, 3:19 PM
our favourite paper :rolleyes: the star could well afford to give out flags to all leaving the airports on the way over, similat to ht eBank of scotland try things for the leinster rugby! only posting this cos we know this is where the star get thier news form :D :D

I also think it would be a great idea for all travelling fans to wave 100 euro notes at the match to show the Germans how well the Irish economy is doing. Hopefully The Star are reading this too.

Stuttgart88
04/08/2006, 3:20 PM
Whatever happened the "Scaoil Amach an Bobailin" flag from Italia 90 owned by a bunch of Limerick lads? There also used to be a giant "Spiddal" flag.

Forever Dreamin
05/08/2006, 9:09 AM
I also think it would be a great idea for all travelling fans to wave 100 euro notes at the match to show the Germans how well the Irish economy is doing. Hopefully The Star are reading this too.

r u mad, €500 notes :D :D :D

RogerMilla
07/08/2006, 10:39 AM
I cant agree that we are not noted for flag carrying as it seems like you see an irish flag at every single sporting event on tv regardless of who is competing , where they are competing and what sport they are competing in!!
But i do agree that everyone should fly a flag on the day to create a serious spectacle for the germans !!

jbyrne
08/08/2006, 12:33 PM
Whatever happened the "Scaoil Amach an Bobailin" flag from Italia 90 owned by a bunch of Limerick lads? There also used to be a giant "Spiddal" flag.

i saw one of those flags at the airport in palermo in 1990 and it was huge. i'd say the cost of transporting it due to the excess baggage costs has ruled out bringing them and their like to anymore away games

pineapple stu
08/08/2006, 12:36 PM
Anyway must go and see my councillor about my flag obsession.
Would you not be better off going to your counsellor? ;) I'm going off to see her about my obsession with typos that mean something completely different to what was intended.

Sligo Hornet
08/08/2006, 12:58 PM
Would you not be better off going to your counsellor? ;) I'm going off to see her about my obsession with typos that mean something completely different to what was intended.

Nice Won...Stew!!;)

Dallasirish
11/08/2006, 4:03 AM
Lads if we all brought flags it would be huge! You can buy a 3x5 on ebay for less than 10 yo yos (thats 2 pints and a bag of cheese and onion) Get on ebay and since we are all over the stadium that night it would look brialliant and the players would respond!!. 10 yo yos to help lift the lads to beat the Germans (small investment in fairness)

Golfer
21/08/2006, 1:19 PM
Forget Ebay go to your local Euro store that used to be the pound shop.
Bought 3 flags last week all 5 by 3 €2 each.
They also had car flags for €2

RogerMilla
21/08/2006, 3:01 PM
good call golfer
i picked up two 9ft x 5ft flags on ebay , one of them cost me 1p!!
wil cost a fair whack to get some lettering on but worth it !

rodoman
21/08/2006, 4:57 PM
I got my 5x3 (got it in one of the Carrolls Irish gift shops in Dublin) less than €10 if I remember correctly.
I've 'WELL LILY' on it
(Waterfordese for hello Mum):p

Babysis
23/08/2006, 9:30 AM
I have a "No passaran" flag that Pat O banton made years ago and has been taken to most games, we also have 5 big tricolours between 4 of us. Picked up one in a sports shop for 80p :eek:

AidoM
28/08/2006, 6:26 PM
I have a "No passaran" flag that Pat O banton made years ago and has been taken to most games, we also have 5 big tricolours between 4 of us. Picked up one in a sports shop for 80p :eek:

I'll take the spare one (flag that is:p ) if you want :D

loscherland
28/08/2006, 9:36 PM
I still can't get off the black tape on my 50 foot flag from Paris... so just gonna have to leave it at home :(

pineapple stu
28/08/2006, 9:53 PM
Whats' the story with buying even a small wavey flag in Dublin Airport? Is that likely to get confiscated? Have a 6" x 3", but wouldn't mind picking up something like 2" x 1" just for a bit more colour.

Babysis
30/08/2006, 9:05 AM
I'll take the spare one (flag that is) if you want :D

I had enough hassle this weekend getting the flag off my 8 year old cousin in Luton at the weekend:o . He has taken a shine to it, so I need to make sure he gets one to keep when im back along with a programme. Are you heading out? If the international friendly was anything to go by we will all have a great time:D

AidoM
30/08/2006, 10:10 AM
I had enough hassle this weekend getting the flag off my 8 year old cousin in Luton at the weekend:o . He has taken a shine to it, so I need to make sure he gets one to keep when im back along with a programme. Are you heading out? If the international friendly was anything to go by we will all have a great time:D

Leaving Dublin @ 9.45 tonight, overnighting in Stansted and flying to Friedreichshafen @7.15 in the morning with Ryanair. 2 1/4 hour train journey from there to Stuttgart arriving at 13.00

Babysis
30/08/2006, 11:00 AM
Leaving Dublin @ 9.45 tonight, overnighting in Stansted and flying to Friedreichshafen @7.15 in the morning with Ryanair. 2 1/4 hour train journey from there to Stuttgart arriving at 13.00

WEll I got your Pm, so as you heave mine and GT's number we shall no doubt see you for a beer or two. :D