PDA

View Full Version : Team for Rovers

corbyeire
03/08/2006, 1:53 PM
any team news for rovers? hopefully monaghan can do us a favour tonight...

gufct
03/08/2006, 3:55 PM
Advertiser or Tribune (fair play Keith preview and report). I guess the same 11 as started against Limerick which will be tough on Ronan Frawley who has performed very well this season. Derek and Cookie have to be under threat as neither played particularly well last week and Mick O'Donnell definitely tightened up the left side when he came on.

corbyeire
03/08/2006, 4:06 PM
derek was terrible - thought odonnell looked very sharp

Terry
03/08/2006, 9:35 PM
hopefully monaghan can do us a favour tonight...
well they did there bit, 1-1:) Magicme must be gutted, surely she thought this was a cert 3points:D !!

corbyeire
04/08/2006, 10:21 AM
dundalk are level on points with us now - albeit with 2 more games played

a result will be required to keep pressure on and distance from dundalk

going to mcgraths before the match

gufct
04/08/2006, 10:24 AM
as Derek is ruled out according to the Star so Mick O'Donnell in . Cant wait to get out of here and on the road as the traffic will be chronic this evening.

JW.
04/08/2006, 10:34 AM
No great loss given Derek's recent displays. Mick on the left, Franny and CiarĂ¡n in the middle and Cooke on the right sounds about fair. Interesting to see who starts in attack and defence, though I'd imagine it'll be the same.

corbyeire
04/08/2006, 10:38 AM
think we will definitely see odonnell and gethins come on again - particularly if things dont go well in the first half

Terry
04/08/2006, 10:43 AM
according to www.galwayunitedfc.ie or only injury problems are with Raf and Ryan O'Donnell and we have no suspensions

corbyeire
04/08/2006, 11:08 AM
"ruled out in the star" a nice way of saying derek is useless lately and recommend he shouldnt start

DotTV
05/08/2006, 2:56 PM
what was the final score

Patrick Dunne
05/08/2006, 3:37 PM
Rovers equalised in the last minute against a ten man Galway United side.
Mick O'Donnell was sent off in the second half.

hoops1
05/08/2006, 3:59 PM
Patrick,Patrick, wake up son its over
Was that a nice little dream?
Sorry to say that Galway goal was disallowed
Rovers scored the winner in the 90th min:)

geezer
05/08/2006, 8:28 PM
really...fairly solid performance, tacticly cousins is really smart, i dont think any united team will get a tanking as long as he is around. O donnell let us down with a silly lift of his right elbow just when rovers were beginning to take real risks

JW.
06/08/2006, 11:06 AM
We never looked like conceding until Billy's mistake. I felt genuinely sorry for him as he had been outstanding. Wes Charles was possibly man of the match. We generally played quite well, but Dundalk and Cobh also won so we've lost second place and could do with a win in Limerick.

hoops1
06/08/2006, 5:10 PM
it was the left full who made the mistake not Billy clery
2 things changed the game the bald lad in the middle going off
(decent player) and the sending off

corbyeire
08/08/2006, 3:52 PM
yea we played really well and we provided all the pressure in the second half until the sending off - odonnell was a mile off but the intent was there - giving the ref the option

billy did have a great game - and bombed the ball out when necessary - except of course for the last time - didnt need to see the cross - once he lost it i knew it was goal

two strikers in the box - back of the net - was gutted

had a pint in the clubhouse bar at halftime and all the rovers fans were saying what a noise we were making - fairplay to all

thought we deserved a point on that alone!

with the others wining - must win again tonight!