PDA

View Full Version : FAI cup tie may be swithed to Cork!

Colm
16/07/2002, 3:09 PM
According to todays Echo, Glenmore/Dundrum would be willing to swith the tie to Cork.
Player/Manager Joe Reynolds has said that they would be in favour of the switch providing City pay for their travel, accomadation etc.

PS, it doesnt matter much to me anyway because ill be on my holiers when the game is played.:cool:

dalo
16/07/2002, 3:59 PM
ah blast!!!! that means that scuppers another chance of me seeing city play in the cup.

city would be mad to pay for their trip down. what are we a charity?

Colm
16/07/2002, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by dalo

city would be mad to pay for their trip down. what are we a charity? It would only cost as much as if City had to pay for their own trip to Dublin. Plus, we would have the gate recipts and home advantage.
IMO, City should take them up on the offer.

patsh
16/07/2002, 4:10 PM
I'd say that would be a Sunday game too. All the Glenmore boys will be working, if they are not on the dole .. :D, so travelling Friday would not be great for them.
I think City should give them the expenses money and 25% of the gate, then advertise the game like mad. It would be worth it, as they will get more from a game out the cross, than anywhere in Dublin. Dalo and the rest of the boys can come down home for a weekend's, drinking, whoring and watching City do the business.....:D

James
16/07/2002, 4:16 PM
well i heard from 'a relaible source' :) that cup games are split a third a third and third between home, away teams and the fai, but definately playing the game at the cross would make more finanacial sense for dundrum

shedboy
16/07/2002, 9:33 PM
Remember noelle telling me a few years ago that its 40% to the FAI and the rest is split equally between the two clubs.

TommyT
17/07/2002, 12:05 AM
It's 50-50 exept for Semis and the Final. They pay the Ref, the Stewards and split the rest.

Ali-G
17/07/2002, 9:25 AM
From the Citynet site:

Cork City's FAI Cup opponents Glenmore/Dundrum have agreed have Sunday week's game moved to Turner's Cross. City were drawn as the away team in yesterday's draw, but can now have home advantage once a compensation fee is agreed with the Dublin side. Glenmore wish for City to cover their travel and accommodation costs.
Liam Murphy's side are fourth favourites to win the Cup at 7/1. Bohs, Pats and Shels have been installed as joint-favourites at 7/2.

dalo
17/07/2002, 11:05 AM
can't say i am too happy about it myself but at least it should mean city get through to the second round. who knows we might even do a dale Utd against them.

from a nuetral point of view glenmore have effectivtaely killed of any chance of it being a good (then gain I am not nuetral:D )

Troy.McClure
17/07/2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
All the Glenmore boys will be working, if they are not on the dole .. :D So we're playing a fulltime soccer outfit again :rolleyes:

patsh
18/07/2002, 8:13 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
So we're playing a fulltime soccer outfit again :rolleyes:
?? :confused:

Troy.McClure
18/07/2002, 4:58 PM
on the dole = no full-time job = fulltime soccer player ala City's fulltimers

Neil
19/07/2002, 2:38 PM
According to 96FM just there, the City v Dundrum tie will be played Friday night, 26th July, at 7.45pm.

Troy.McClure
19/07/2002, 3:50 PM
Would that be in Cork or Dublin?:confused:

pete
19/07/2002, 4:03 PM

I would presume that be in Cork? Looks like might have to install the Nitros (ala Fast 'n Furious) on the petemobile if going to make that one......

Neil
20/07/2002, 12:39 AM
Sorry, that's in Turners Cross.

niamh
20/07/2002, 3:56 PM
Have City no feelings for their five or six Dublin based fans who thought they might not have to travel far next weekend???!!!

Éanna
22/07/2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Have City no feelings for their five or six Dublin based fans who thought they might not have to travel far next weekend???!!!
thats what ye get for living in the foulest most horrible city in the world :p

dalo
22/07/2002, 12:44 PM
no they don't. :( i was chatting to a train tableof around 8 fans heading down on friday on the 3.20 train. they were a bit put out by the friday thing, so thakfully it wasn't just me. a few of them were subscribers to foot.ie as you can imagine some of the comments of various cork based fans on foot were not exactly going down too well in regard to the friday night thing;)