PDA

View Full Version : Cork City lose heavily in Belgrade as dream of AC Milan disappears

A face
02/08/2006, 9:55 PM
Cork City lose heavily in Belgrade as dream of AC Milan disappears

Crvena Zvezda 3 – 0 Cork City
(Red Star)
Crvena won 4 – 0 on aggregate

FK Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) of Belgrade advanced smoothly to the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions' League and a match with AC Milan when they overwhelmed Cork City 3-0 in the second leg of their tie. Crvena were far in advance of Cork and won the tie 4-0 on aggregate.

Crvena went into the game leading 1 – 0 after the first leg in Cork and Cork knew before the game they had to score twice to keep alive their hopes of advancing. Crvena’s opening goal within three minutes of the start did not change that position for two goals for Cork would have enabled them advance had they curtailed Crvena to one on the night.

Read more at www.fai.ie (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=871)

gustavo
02/08/2006, 10:05 PM
"Heavily" is a bit unfair isnt it , I mean yea they were outplayed but its not like it was 5,6 - 0

A face
02/08/2006, 11:27 PM
"Heavily" is a bit unfair isnt it , I mean yea they were outplayed but its not like it was 5,6 - 0

Well i mean if Roddy Collins is coming out with that kind of guff then everyone else will slate us. The papers tomorrow will all predictably fall into their old habits and slate the league for existing.

I'm suprised RTE even finished televising it, would be strange if they pulled the plug with half hour to go and put on a re-run of Corrie or something. All the effort they go to, and then we go and lose. If they had any sense they'd double the licence fee as a result.