PDA

View Full Version : Irish Times: eL stance on sky/tv3 tv deal

pete
16/07/2002, 1:15 PM
It only took 10 days but heres the first article asking the eL waht it thinks of the sky tv deal.

IT: eL supports tv deal (http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2002/0716/loi1.htm)

A disgrace that the media have failed to ask anyone but "Alan Hunter" & his ficticious supporters club what they think of the sky/tv3 tv deal.

:rolleyes:

Colm
16/07/2002, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by pete
A disgrace that the media have failed to ask anyone but "Alan Hunter" & his ficticious supporters club what they think of the sky/tv3 tv deal. Im glad im not the only one sick of seeing Alan Hunters ugly mug speaking on the behalf of all "supporters" of Irish football!:rolleyes:

Éanna
17/07/2002, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Im glad im not the only one sick of seeing Alan Hunters ugly mug speaking on the behalf of all "supporters" of Irish football!:rolleyes:
could somebody kinda explain who the hell this guy is?! I gather nobodys quite sure, but if one of ye could give a summary of what ye've seen to date I'd really appreciate it!

pete
17/07/2002, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
could somebody kinda explain who the hell this guy is?! I gather nobodys quite sure, but if one of ye could give a summary of what ye've seen to date I'd really appreciate it!

see thread here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&postid=24112#post24112) Éanna.

eoinh
21/07/2002, 10:37 PM
has been very negative generally towards the FAi and their taking the sky tv money. what was on Saturdays (i think) irish times sports suppliment? a half page colour ad for the new premiership on sky sports! bet they got a fair amount of cash for that! double standards??:rolleyes:

pete
22/07/2002, 9:20 AM
In fairness no newspaper can be too choosey who they accept ads from. Actually is not a bad thing to have a different editorial line from the ads they accept.

I haven't noticed much difference in any of the media attitude to the sky deal - except of course RTE who have been dragging it out shamefully through any programme they can fit it into.