Malahide United V Cobh Ramblers
Finn Harps V Leed AFC (Cork)
Glenmore/Dundrum V Cork City
Bohemians V Garda
Athlone Town V Kilkenny City
Bray Wanderers V Glebe North
CIE Ranch V Longford Town

where are Glenmore from??????

Not a bad draw too bad that we are away tho'.

The big teams were kept apart for once!

joe
15/07/2002, 6:04 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc

where are Glenmore from??????

at a guess i'd say Dundrum :D

i don't suppose there's any chance of getting the match switched to Cork is there?

pete
15/07/2002, 6:11 PM
from the fai site:

Glenmore Dundrum beat local rivals Worksman Dunleary 2-1 at Rochestown Avenue, Dublin.

Nice one. Dundrum like a home game to me. In fact i'd have to travel less to Dundrum than have to travel to the cross when living in Cork :D

SÓC
15/07/2002, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by joe

at a guess i'd say Dundrum :D

Is Dundrum on the southside out past Fosters Ave.??

Id say it will be a mid-day match?

We should see a 3rd round match this year :D

Neil
15/07/2002, 9:59 PM
The Dundrum v City game will probably be on the Sunday so I suppose?

Is their ground fit to host a FAI Cup game or might it be moved to Tolka Park or somewhere?

Neil
15/07/2002, 10:28 PM
It seems there is a good chance the game will be switched to another Dublin ground. Last year they switched their game woth Dublin City.

dalo
16/07/2002, 9:34 AM
i doubt if it will be played on their homeground.

Dundrum is famous for two things- one is the mental hospitial, the other is Stephen Roche. Shamrock rovers used to have their old ground Milltown out near there.

It wouldn't be a easy game. leinster junior teams are pretty useful

pete
16/07/2002, 10:43 AM
For Map type in 'Dundrum' in box 3 here (http://interactive2.iol.ie/maps/content/iolmap.asp) (full link too long to include)

Its a bit further out than Milltown, & be sort of south west of Fosters Avenue, don't know the place very well but would guess be a couple of miles from UCD. Should be easy to get a direct bus from city centre..... if game played in Dundrum be easy for those travelling by car as its on the just at the end of the M50 southern cross section.

I'm informed they used to be called Glenmore Celtic & have been a regular enough in the FAI Cup.

I think the days of any non-league club doing a St Francis are well gone & chances of any non-league team upsetting a 1st let alone a Premier division team are slim.

dalo
16/07/2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pete

I think the days of any non-league club doing a St Francis are well gone & chances of any non-league team upsetting a 1st let alone a Premier division team are slim.

oh dear god man don't tempt fate:)

pete
16/07/2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by dalo

oh dear god man don't tempt fate:)

me? never...... ;)

btw Glenmore Dundrum drew 0-0 & then lost 5-1 in the replay against Dublin City in the same round last year.

Schumi
16/07/2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by pete
Should be easy to get a direct bus from city centre..... if game played in Dundrum be easy for those travelling by car as its on the just at the end of the M50 southern cross section.

That's very near me. I don't know where their ground is but you can get a 44, 44B, 44C, 48A or 86 from town out to Dundrum village. They're pretty regular (every 10 minutes or so). I might head along to that to cheer on a local club, unless it clashes with UCD - Kildare of course.

dalo
16/07/2002, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by Schumi

That's very near me. .

does that mean we get a invite for a rasher sangwich after the game?

let's all go to schumi's gaffe:D

James
16/07/2002, 2:52 PM
hahaha scumi i can forewarn the dundrum stewwards that some of the infamous UCD hardcore (with their can of beer :) ) will be present at the game so then

Schumi
16/07/2002, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by dalo
let's all go to schumi's gaffe:D

Oh Jesus no. :eek: I should have kept my big mouth shut

Troy.McClure
16/07/2002, 3:48 PM
The 44, 44B, 44C, 48A leave from the far side of Stephens Green (ie the next side up from the Shelbourne hotel, from Grafton St) outside of the MBNA offices and arent as frequent as Schumi says (IMO) although you wont be waiting too long. A far better way to get there would be to drive right into Dundrum village from the M50 (there was a new bit opened just before the election). St. Binilad's is a local 2ndry school with a very good rep of producing footballers ( eg Glen Fitzpatrick,ex UCD & 1 or 2 more who are in England now) so Id say that they would have some good young players.

Schumi
16/07/2002, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
the M50 (there was a new bit opened just before the election).

That fúcking thing added 10 minutes onto my half hour journey to Belfield :mad:

St. Binilad's is a local 2ndry school

St. Benildus I think, rather than Osama's old school!

with a very good rep of producing footballers ( eg Glen Fitzpatrick

:D :D classic:D :D

Troy.McClure
17/07/2002, 11:12 AM
Fucl< off! :mad: ;) :o