PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Sign Nigerian Striker

akearins
01/08/2006, 9:21 AM
Read in todays Irish Mirror Rovers have signed a Nigerian striker from the German second division.Forget his second name but firts name is Choice(surname soemthing Aigigni) Went from Nigeria to Frankfurt and thendecidede to drop divisions.Sean is quoteda s satying "he will be a revelation"

Now who to play up front....Choice,Judge,Flash,McT,Bellew,Flannery

sligoman
01/08/2006, 9:35 AM
Mansaram and new guy up front against UCD so. Then when McT comes back, we'll worry about who we pick then but Judge has got to be dropped!

The Stars
01/08/2006, 10:29 AM
Nice one,should be interesting to see who plays up front.
Flannery is meant to be out for the rest of the season so,McT and Bellew are currently injured so its a choice between himself,Flash and Judge.
Id say he might play Flash and Judge in the UCD match,and bring the new fella on in the second half.

The Stars
01/08/2006, 10:44 AM
From Elevenaside (http://www.elevenaside.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=23707)

sligobhoy67
01/08/2006, 10:46 AM
good spot AK - the new Jan Vermulen hopefully!!

Rory H
01/08/2006, 11:06 AM
cool.....probably wont start for a couple of games because of match fitness...saw him at tolka and he is huge....could destroy some of the defenders in this league if the hype is true

The Stars
01/08/2006, 11:11 AM
wonder did he play for the U-21s in the mons game yesterday.
cant wait to see him play....score on his debut?watch out paddys,this guy is gonna make us some money.

Rory H
01/08/2006, 11:20 AM
paddys probably wont give odds on him until he scores...

Rovers1
01/08/2006, 11:29 AM
was he the guy in tolka that was walking around with a camera,he was wearing a rovers tracksuit.

The Stars
01/08/2006, 11:32 AM
didnt notive he had a camera but he was wearing the tracksuit.

sligoman
01/08/2006, 11:36 AM
was he the guy in tolka that was walking around with a camera,he was wearing a rovers tracksuit.Wearing a Rovers tracksuit alright. He was sitting in the main stand with Sutherland and McCartney.

Guts&Glory
01/08/2006, 11:57 AM
Its got to be between McT Flash and the new lad if he is as good as he is being reported to be. Judge isnt cutting it and Bellew and a fit Flannery would find it difficult to split the first group of three.

Bit of competition can only be good, wonder where the money is coming from though, three new players and all that.

sligobhoy67
01/08/2006, 6:25 PM
Its got to be between McT Flash and the new lad if he is as good as he is being reported to be. Judge isnt cutting it and Bellew and a fit Flannery would find it difficult to split the first group of three.

Bit of competition can only be good, wonder where the money is coming from though, three new players and all that.

Come on lets all hold on until we see him. I remember the day reading in The Champion when we signed Jan Vermulen and its basically said that he was a "White Guillet" - we all ran down to watch him train and agreed he was awesome - and to be fair he looked awesome, like Drago from Rocky III - in reality once he we saw him play we agreed mucker divers could do better!

The moral of the story is lets wait and see!

The Bit O'Red
01/08/2006, 9:33 PM
All we need now is George O'Callaghan and it'll be Champions League football for us next year :)

The Stars
02/08/2006, 11:17 AM
Should try to get George on Loan....would be a cheeky bit but if he dont play him against Cork,you never know.

sligoman
02/08/2006, 11:20 AM
George said in yesterday's paper that he won't be going on loan to Limerick cos he doesn't want to move to any other LOI club. Which means he'll have to look abroad for a club, Slavia Prague are rumoured to be interested in him, also, lower division English clubs.

De Town
02/08/2006, 4:19 PM
George said in yesterday's paper that he won't be going on loan to Limerick cos he doesn't want to move to any other LOI club. Which means he'll have to look abroad for a club, Slavia Prague are rumoured to be interested in him, also, lower division English clubs.
Boavista are interested aswell apparently.

sligobhoy67
02/08/2006, 6:24 PM
Boavista are interested aswell apparently.

I heard from a guy in Glasgow that that Celtic are watchin him

cathalsligo
03/08/2006, 8:02 AM
Ya Ballymote Celtic, not a hope of him going to Glasgow

red bellied
03/08/2006, 2:20 PM
Heard he was brutal in training.

The Stars
03/08/2006, 3:20 PM
as long as he is good in the matches i dont mind....it will take him a few weeks to get into the swing of things anyway.

red arrow
03/08/2006, 10:16 PM
i am hearing very good soundings about this guy. i know it sounds like the old cliche. but my source tells me that mc stay was really keen to sign him but because of the work permit situation he was unable and therefore passed him onto rovers. its great to have friends in high places. i hear choice is going to be a handfull for any defence . dont expect immediate miracles give him a bit of time but he will reward us big time. the ' choice ' is yours. come on the bit o red i feel very exciting times ahead.

Thunderblaster
03/08/2006, 10:20 PM
All we need now is George O'Callaghan and it'll be Champions League football for us next year

Rumour has it that Barcelona are tabling a record bid for him!!:D :p :D

sligoman
03/08/2006, 11:36 PM
the ' choice ' is yours.This is exactly what I knew would happen, desperate puns!:mad: :D.

sligobhoy67
04/08/2006, 8:08 PM
This is exactly what I knew would happen, desperate puns!:mad: :D.

So it did come from our Glasgow connection - at least I know my source up there is now reliable!!!

sligoman
06/08/2006, 10:44 AM
Turns out, he didn't even play for their main team either. Played with their second team which only plays in the fifth German league:o.

Here's the thread (http://offenbacherkickers.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3738).