PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Signing in 4 Days

BrayUnknowns
31/07/2006, 12:51 PM
Waterford United captain and central defender Chris Deans is moving up the coast to join the Seagulls.

The six-foot Dubliner, who was previously with Dundalk and Dublin City, had made a big impression at the RSC following his signing last year by Mike Kerley.

He has been selected for Ireland under-age and at Under-21 level.

www.braywanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/content/view/624/)

Grey Boy
31/07/2006, 9:13 PM
Does anyone have more info on him? Did he play (if thats the right word) against us in the 3-1 win? Is he an adequate replacement for Wes? Waterford have made us look good defensively this season, is it because of this guy or has he helped keep the scores down? I'm glad that we've been a bit active in the transfer market though. Quite similar to last season, with Eamo and Wes gone and a few new signings. Hopefully will have the same impact.

keano16
01/08/2006, 7:18 AM
This lad is not a great player I cant believe you have signed him...He struggled to get a game for Dundalk last year and went to waterford and they are struggling a bit to say the least...Deans is not a patch on Wes he is good in the air but very slow on the deck and I have seen milk turn faster...He was at Derby for a few years and is a bit of a Big time Charlie as a result...He will do nothing to stop the Rot at Bray bad signing IMO...

BrayUnknowns
01/08/2006, 8:13 AM
He made his debut for Bray last night and scored an absolute belter ! played the 1st half and did ok, fair enough he wasn't asked to do much but what he did was good.

keano16
01/08/2006, 10:52 AM
Good start but he will be found out.Hope I am proved wrong but cant see it happening put him up against a quick centre forward and he will struggle..Does this mean Maccer is on the way out or is it Roche?? Did Rogers play

BrayUnknowns
01/08/2006, 11:51 AM
Weso went so we needed to replace him, Maccer will most likely start all games so it's up to Deans and Rochey to fight for the other position. Wouldn't rule Willie Tyrrell out of it eith but he seems more suited to left full.

Yes Rogers did play, and well at that. His command of his area seems to be excellent and the defender actually listened to him. Also great to see him telling our full backs to drop and take then ball off him, something we have never done. Made 1 great save. Bray won 3-1. Our other debutant, Tony McKever from what i heard, a right full scored an absolute belter ! got the ball on the half way, flew down the wing, cut inside and beat 3 or 4 player before unleashing an unstopale shot with his left foot into the top right hand cornor. Franco scored again, Doyle made a run from just inside his own half and split the defence, Franco rounded the keeper and rolled it into the net. 3 great goals but we should have scored at least 8 or 9 from the chances we created.

keano16
01/08/2006, 12:12 PM
Good stuff looks like Tony maybe throwing out the oldies then?? Best thing he could do Bray Need a Face lift... By the way heard a rumour that Waterford are interested in Eddie Gormley as there new manager...

BrayUnknowns
01/08/2006, 12:43 PM
I'd be surprised if he took a chalice as poisoned as that.........

Seagull
01/08/2006, 4:22 PM
Weso went so we needed to replace him, Maccer will most likely start all games so it's up to Deans and Rochey to fight for the other position. Wouldn't rule Willie Tyrrell out of it eith but he seems more suited to left full.

Yes Rogers did play, and well at that. His command of his area seems to be excellent and the defender actually listened to him. Also great to see him telling our full backs to drop and take then ball off him, something we have never done. Made 1 great save. Bray won 3-1. Our other debutant, Tony McKever from what i heard, a right full scored an absolute belter ! got the ball on the half way, flew down the wing, cut inside and beat 3 or 4 player before unleashing an unstopale shot with his left foot into the top right hand cornor. Franco scored again, Doyle made a run from just inside his own half and split the defence, Franco rounded the keeper and rolled it into the net. 3 great goals but we should have scored at least 8 or 9 from the chances we created.

Thought McKeever looked the biz last night, confident on the ball and scored a cracker. The fact that we didn't score more is still a bit worrying though. Foxy hit the post and he missed another one, Franco missed one, Doyle aaaggh! Through on the keeper, he couldn't finish it. Also chose to shoot (into the bowling alley) when a simple pass to David Tyrrell would have put him in- Tyrrell gave him an earful. He (Tyrrell) played well for once but then the opposition wasn't National League. Cheerio Skippy, Rogers is a top notch keeper. And the new stand looks great too...

Grey Boy
01/08/2006, 5:37 PM
All sounds very promising, let's hope for something positive to take home on Friday. Does the stand look a bit temporary? It seemed to go up very quickly. I know it's not Wembley but still there was nothing there against Pats.

Maynard
01/08/2006, 5:37 PM
Deansy is a SAVAGE centre half. In a different class to Wesley Charles. Looks like you'll be conceeding less goals after your last few signings, now all yis have to do is score a few more...

BrayUnknowns
02/08/2006, 8:35 AM
All sounds very promising, let's hope for something positive to take home on Friday. Does the stand look a bit temporary? It seemed to go up very quickly. I know it's not Wembley but still there was nothing there against Pats.

The stand was pre ordered and each part custom built. It's like a big jigsaw, it's just clicks into place. Looks quality now

thedoyler
02/08/2006, 12:26 PM
Agree totally with the last post, stand is brilliant, was there against Glenmore, and again today, the progress was phenomenal, i hardly recognised the carlisle when i walked past it today, it already look far more professional, lets hope they keep the good work up off the pitch, even if on it things arent going so well, but if we get behind the team and finish in 10th, rumour has it that will be enough for us to stay up next year.

BrayUnknowns
02/08/2006, 2:14 PM
Well defo stay in the premier next season. I reckon the 10 team premier will be the same but with Galway or maybe Dundalk/Athlone taking UCD's place.

Bray Head
02/08/2006, 3:47 PM
Well defo stay in the premier next season. I reckon the 10 team premier will be the same but with Galway or maybe Dundalk/Athlone taking UCD's place.
Hope your right on us been there. It's a 12 team premier division next year. Shamrock Rovers are certain to be in it given their history. Our biggest worry would be if they don't win the First division this season. If Galway win it they would have a good chance of replacing one of the existing premier division teams given their location and population base.