PDA

View Full Version : Who'll get O'Callaghan?

JW.
31/07/2006, 10:49 AM
Just as our transfer window closes...

(from corkcityfc.ie)
O'Callaghan On Transfer List
Cork City boss Damien Richardson issued the following statement on behalf of Cork City FC in Belgrade this morning (11am local, 10am Irish time):

"As you are aware, George O’Callaghan has not played or trained with Cork City for the last number of weeks despite requests on our part to do so. George has informed us that he doesn’t wish to play for Cork City FC anymore and he has requested that he be put on the transfer list. We have complied with his request."

BohsPartisan
31/07/2006, 10:53 AM
Pats.

Rory H
31/07/2006, 10:54 AM
he hasnt got very long...looks like he might not play football for a while then

higgins
31/07/2006, 10:55 AM
sure didnt all the Cork fans tell you they wont sell him to an Irish club!! ;)

De Town
31/07/2006, 10:59 AM
Pats.
Doubt they'll have the money for him.

Southend are interested I think.

JW.
31/07/2006, 11:03 AM
I'd say he might go to England. Softic looks an ideal replacement if he can build on the huge promise of his performance (particularly first-half) against the Serbs.

dcfcsteve
31/07/2006, 11:04 AM
An Garda Siochana...?

Alcoholics Anonymous...?

The Westies.....?

Dodge
31/07/2006, 11:08 AM
One performance by Softic JW. I've seena couple of times and he's been awful. I'm not saying he's a bad player but IMO O'Callaghan is miles ahead of him.

Interesting to see Rico doing a little "ride them rock solid" impression by putting him on the transfer list on the final day of the window with all the Cork people in Belgrade...

dcfcsteve
31/07/2006, 11:12 AM
One performance by Softic JW. I've seena couple of times and he's been awful. I'm not saying he's a bad player but IMO O'Callaghan is miles ahead of him.

Interesting to see Rico doing a little "ride them rock solid" impression by putting him on the transfer list on the final day of the window with all the Cork people in Belgrade...

Why would it be in Rico's interests to play silly buggers with the transfer window timing and not get rid of him ?

He clearly won't be playing O'Callaghan again, so he's just an extra burden on the wage bill.

Also - the sooner he goes, the sooner Rico has his transfer fee to go shopping with.

I suspect the Irish transfer window is irrelevant, as O'Callaghan would appear likely to go to another league anyway. Hnece, no need to play silly buggers with the timing - even if it was in his interests to play such a game.

JW.
31/07/2006, 11:13 AM
In racing parlance, Dodge, he is thoroughly unexposed. Well-regarded in Cork and is obviously a very talented player. I only saw him playing once before - against Pat's in Richmond this season - and thought the glimpses there were encouraging. He's a young lad still..

Dodge
31/07/2006, 11:19 AM
yeah but the racing equivalent of "well regarded in Cork" is some no mark apprentice saying some 2 year old is "the best I've ever sat on" so its all relative :)

JW.
31/07/2006, 11:23 AM
Lol..

pete
31/07/2006, 12:24 PM
I suspect the Irish transfer window is irrelevant, as O'Callaghan would appear likely to go to another league anyway. Hnece, no need to play silly buggers with the timing - even if it was in his interests to play such a game.

George asked for a transfer. He won't go to an eL club apparently although a very high bid might change things. Only Drogs could afford him anyway but be surprised if they renewed interest after being snubbed last year.

He will more than likely go to the UK if suitable big received but thats debatable.

Jaime
31/07/2006, 12:28 PM
Cork's idea of a suitable bid, and an English club's valuation of him could be nmiles apart though, and with no chance of him playing for Cork as long as Rico's there, the price might not be as high as Cork would like it to be.

BohDiddley
31/07/2006, 12:30 PM
Kevin Hunt is out long-term. We could do with a stand-in midfielder on pay-per-play :p

Risteard
31/07/2006, 8:44 PM
sure didnt all the Cork fans tell you they wont sell him to an Irish club!!
They may only be technicalities but 865 is a lot of posts without truth.

He's actually not mine to sell but if he was, Limerick fans would be delighted, George would be bruised and Ramblers defenders would be the happiest red card recipients ever.

gael353
31/07/2006, 8:57 PM
They may only be technicalities but 865 is a lot of posts without truth.

He's actually not mine to sell but if he was, Limerick fans would be delighted, George would be bruised and Ramblers defenders would be the happiest red card recipients ever.

Too right there we would only hate to have another pre madonna from cork (Jamie Nolan, Rio O'Brien etc) to come join us, although he might find his level playing first div football....nah shag that we dont want him!

Risteard
31/07/2006, 9:08 PM
Rio???

Dyl10
31/07/2006, 9:56 PM
One performance by Softic JW.

the first time i saw him a few months ago, against bray, he was subbed on and ran the show!

gael353
31/07/2006, 10:15 PM
Rio???

i wont explain that...…aww jesus guess what I’m after hearing? In talks with him all day on a possible loan deal…please god no! no! noooooooooooo!

joeSoap
31/07/2006, 10:36 PM
I predict that he'll play with Limerick until the end of the season, or until a UK club make him an offer....:ball:

EireBadBoy
01/08/2006, 1:27 AM
He might just set up a team to take the place of Dublin City, sure he is good enough to take on all comers just by himself.

Gerorgie Athletic FC, managed, skippered and loved all by himself. Gawd knows who would pay his wages though, Carrolls mebbe.

Fancy him to sign for Trotters Independent Holdings FC in all honesty though.