PDA

View Full Version : Shams Fans on Friday

Pages : [1] 2

Ash
31/07/2006, 9:08 AM
Seeing as they usually get bad press at most games I think its worth noting
that on Friday night a gang of Shams fans came to the game in Athlone and
were sound out with hardly a sign of bother.

Bit surprised that the roit police were in the ground and also the Copper
Chopper was circling around Mels for the game :eek:

The only potential hassle was a cockeyed burberry jacket clad goon who at
half time threatened to kill us all outside, but it was comical as he hardly had
enough strenght to carry the burberry jacket on his sholders. :D

Also there was one schmozzel in the far corner, dont know what it was all
about but a steward brought them away from the stand so I presume it was
handbags stuff. (open to correction on that though)

No segregation in the crowd and to be honest it wasn't needed. We chatted
away to the fans we met up in Tolka for the postponed game and all our
support are looking forward to that re-arranged game to meet up with that
gang again.

Although on the pitch they rosted us it didnt help that we were down to 10 men with less than 20 mins gone, and we lost 2 of our most influential players later in the game, Des Hope was had to go off and was apparently coughing
up blood all night and Ian Rossiter twisted his knee and had to go off.

Magicme
31/07/2006, 9:13 AM
Good on ya Ash....too many people r ready to give out about Rovers fans and not enough willing to point out when there are no problems. I treat Rovers fans like I bring up my kids.....praise them when they are good & realise that fundamentally they are nice but sometimes make mistakes. Rewarding is more constructive than discipline.

dfx-
31/07/2006, 9:42 AM
Ah, you mean Rovers fans on Friday - misleading title...;)

I treat Rovers fans like I bring up my kids.....

Another two Hoops in the future, then...?:p

Battery Rover
31/07/2006, 9:46 AM
Agree with everything Ash has said. Looking forward to a few beers in The Cat and Cage with them when we play in Tolka.

Ash
31/07/2006, 9:47 AM
Ah, you mean Rovers fans on Friday - misleading title...;)

Ye'll always be Shams to us :)

Magicme
31/07/2006, 9:52 AM
Another two Hoops in the future, then...?:p

Over my dead body!!! Altho they were both born in Dublin & their da is from Sundrive Road area they will be Mons til they die....or I will just have to kill them!

dfx-
31/07/2006, 9:54 AM
As far as I could tell, it was a good night all round..no complaints that I heard anyway:)

'Disproportionate' amount of police there though I thought as well.

Jerry The Saint
31/07/2006, 9:58 AM
Finally, a bit of praise for a misunderstood section of Irish society who are really very nice people when you get to know them.

Yes, congratulations to the GardaĆ­ whose foresight prevented a certain riot from the evil Shamrock hordes. :p

WeAreRovers
31/07/2006, 10:33 AM
Bit surprised that the roit police were in the ground and also the Copper
Chopper was circling around Mels for the game :eek:

Standard procedure for our away games I'm afraid. :(

Cheers for the kind words BTW.

KOH

BohDiddley
31/07/2006, 10:41 AM
In similar vein, I would like to congratulate UCD fans for their exemplary behaviour on Saturday.
Well done College. Keep it up!

stickyjoe
31/07/2006, 10:55 AM
In similar vein, I would like to congratulate UCD fans for their exemplary behaviour on Saturday.

Its a pity that the BSC youth were not so well behaved on friday night.again there was about 20-30 of them armed with bottles outside tolka for the 3rd or 4th week running.Shels and Bohs have 2 games coming up in the next few weeks and I fear serious trouble at them.

I know there is little that Bohs can do when these scumbags turn up at other grounds but are these little nackers actually allowed into dalymount?

Passive
31/07/2006, 12:18 PM
I treat Rovers fans like I bring up my kids.....praise them when they are good & realise that fundamentally they are nice but sometimes make mistakes. Rewarding is more constructive than discipline.

Quality quote.

:)

Conor H
31/07/2006, 12:21 PM
Rovers fans are a sound bunch and were great crack in Galway back in June.However i don't see why we should have a thread congratulating them for not causing a riot?

Raheny Red
31/07/2006, 12:22 PM
Shels and Bohs have 2 games coming up in the next few weeks and I fear serious trouble at them.

Indeed, both clubs have to sit down with GardaĆ­ before it gets totally out of hand. Evan though it's only kids mouthing off on bebo there is about 50-60 Shels and Gypo kids ready. The whole lot of them are watching to many movies!

Ash
31/07/2006, 12:39 PM
Rovers fans are a sound bunch and were great crack in Galway back in June.However i don't see why we should have a thread congratulating them for not causing a riot?

Not congratulating them for not causing a riot, just pointing out that theres
always plenty of stick about when they do something wrong and just wanted
to show that its not all the fans and not all the time.

Speranza
31/07/2006, 12:44 PM
The Bozo up there made a good point. When Rovers fans are well behaved their behaviour is congratulated but why? Is it because good manners is a rarity from Rover's fans. If I was a hoop I would be more worried than pleased with this thread. Pity it took a Bohs fan to bring it up, fer Christ sake stop the hypocrisy and sort out our own gang of Lecoste loving scrotes.

rebs23
31/07/2006, 1:33 PM
Shamrock Rovers fans not fighting at away games deserves a thread! Well I suppose it is news.:rolleyes:

manic da hoop
31/07/2006, 1:49 PM
When Rovers fans are well behaved their behaviour is congratulated but why? Is it because good manners is a rarity from Rover's fans.

Well we didn't ask for this thread, but kind words are always welcome. I suppose it's to do with the fact that the majority of fans of First Division clubs are encountering Rovers supporters first time ever this season, and were therefore wary of what to expect beforehand - don't ask me why, for me and anyone I know following Rovers we just go along to watch a football match and hope our team wins along the way. Simple really! I don't expect praise for that, but if others want to give it they're more than welcome to. It might also help to local Gardai, for future reference, to tone down their security arrangements for the next time we pay a visit.

dfx-
31/07/2006, 1:58 PM
Shamrock Rovers fans not fighting at away games deserves a thread! Well I suppose it is news.

So that's Cobh alright, Finn Harps alright as usual, Monaghan, twice to Athlone, Galway, Kilkenny alright..

Limerick, Dundalk and Kildare different? Dundalk fans, Kildare closing a bar and Newbridge and Limerick was ahem Limerick..

7/8 trips out of 10/11 perfectly alright..Rovers fans not starting a fight at away games certainly isn't news indeed.:)

gufct
31/07/2006, 2:01 PM
to congratulate Athlone on the foresight they had in ensuring they had enough Gardai there on Friday night which no doubt encouraged the Rovers fans to behave themselves. On a side note anyone got a photo of hoops diector Dave Carpenter.:p

manic da hoop
31/07/2006, 2:14 PM
SYeah, the 200 or so Hoops fans who made their way to the midlands on Friday were just itching for a brawl, but upon arrival at st Mels spotted those Cops and saw they meant business, so decided to keep a lid on it for the remainder of the evening.

Dave Carpenter = Rovers Legend!

BohDiddley
31/07/2006, 2:48 PM
Pity it took a Bohs fan to bring it up, fer Christ sake stop the hypocrisy and sort out our own gang of Lecoste loving scrotes.
Do you mean the runts outside the stadium (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4289691.stm) who aren't true fans of the club?

aido1895
31/07/2006, 3:15 PM
Do you mean the runts outside the stadium (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4289691.stm) who aren't true fans of the club?
Good jaysus BohDiddly that incident you highlight in Derry took place almost 18th months ago, it may have escaped your notice but there are and have been similar incidents after alot of Bohs games in recent and not so recent times

Roverstillidie
31/07/2006, 4:53 PM
Sounds like Sky News going on about how England fans were the best in the world because they didn't cause as much trouble as usual at the world cup.

KOH... Kleptomaniac Obnoxious Hooligans

and how is the mass banning of the BSC working out? :rolleyes:

BohDiddley
31/07/2006, 4:53 PM
Good jaysus BohDiddly that incident you highlight in Derry took place almost 18th months ago
That's fair enough, and I would have been delighted to let it lie in the past but for our Derry friend's rather blinkered injection of the term 'hypocrisy' into the discussion.
Look, no one denies that in recent times Bohs, for one reason or another, have attracted a small number of pubescently cretinous hoolie types. As someone who brings kids to national league football, this issue is important to me, and I know that it's high on the agenda of any discussion at BFC.
The club in recent months has issued a significant number of bans, most notably after the Drogheda incidents, and security at Dalymount has markedly increased. If you have constructive suggestions for other ways to tackle this problem, in particular when it occurs away from the club stadium, I'm sure they'd be all ears.
In the meantime, I trust that the measures already in place will prevent us from reaching the quite surreal position where we are warmly thanked and congratulated by opposing fans who are astonished and delighted that we have not beaten the living daylights out of them, and who therefore think we are their mates.
I also hope that your security are following up the allegations above of rucks being planned on Bebo, since it is they who are in charge of the next meeting of our clubs.

Anto McC
31/07/2006, 5:08 PM

And on another similar note,i would like to congratulate Sligo fans for their excellent behaviour last Friday night.You're a credit to yourselves and your club!!!!

What a great little league we have here!!

Christ has it gotten so bad that its at the stage where we almost always expect trouble from Rovers fans and then when there is none,we open a thread to congratulate them?

hoopy
31/07/2006, 6:23 PM
Always nice to hear positive comments about fans of any club. Unfortunately certain Gypos usually feel slighted by this if it's about Rovers and subject us to the usual silliness, added to the standard ' the fans causing trouble are outside the ground so it's out've our hands' type quote when their own fans are mentioned :rolleyes:

Speranza
31/07/2006, 6:24 PM
Christ has it gotten so bad that its at the stage where we almost always expect trouble from Rovers fans and then when there is none,we open a thread to congratulate them

nail on head.

To the Bohs fan, Linfield fans and RUC both pointed out that it was not Derry fans who caused trouble but the same mindless idiots who were on the street overlooking the Brandywell with their oh so Irish Celtic flags. A group of scumbags attacked Linfield fans and all sides acknowledge they have no interest in DCFC, compare that to

Stealing the lid of the Setanta cup
Your club issuing a statement about the theft of hoolies flag
BSC graffiti on a Rover's monument and at Tolka

As long as you attempt to throw up isolated incidents of other clubs your club will continually (like Rovers) be known as, at the very least, turning a blind eye to casuals.

BohDiddley
31/07/2006, 8:24 PM
As long as you attempt to throw up isolated incidents of other clubs your club will continually (like Rovers) be known as, at the very least, turning a blind eye to casuals.
I threw up nothing until your own witless and inexplicably off-topic intervention.

nshoop
31/07/2006, 11:28 PM
We're not even in the same division and yet bores and shels fans can't stop talkin about us,koh

Roverstillidie
01/08/2006, 12:15 AM
I threw up nothing until your own witless and inexplicably off-topic intervention.

it was you who dragged this off topic...

Anto McC
01/08/2006, 12:28 AM
We're not even in the same division and yet bores and shels fans can't stop talkin about us,koh

Eircom Premier Lge,Eircom Lge Division 1,Leinster senior Lge or whatever one of the divisions John Delaney and his cohorts decide to put you in - You will always,ALWYAS be the butt of my jokes!!

NY Hoop
01/08/2006, 11:22 AM
Eircom Premier Lge,Eircom Lge Division 1,Leinster senior Lge or whatever one of the divisions John Delaney and his cohorts decide to put you in - You will always,ALWYAS be the butt of my jokes!!

And anyone who has a signature like yours should be taken as seriously as tom the gom.

KOH

BohsFans
01/08/2006, 2:45 PM
nail on head.

To the Bohs fan, Linfield fans and RUC both pointed out that it was not Derry fans who caused trouble but the same mindless idiots who were on the street overlooking the Brandywell with their oh so Irish Celtic flags. A group of scumbags attacked Linfield fans and all sides acknowledge they have no interest in DCFC, compare that to

Stealing the lid of the Setanta cup
Your club issuing a statement about the theft of hoolies flag
BSC graffiti on a Rover's monument and at Tolka

our club released no statement on the flag, but they actually did condemning the the graffiti, so get your facts straight Speranza! :mad:

Lid was returned 1/2 hour later by a real fan, but shouldn't have been taken in the first place.

ALL OFF-TOPIC. :rolleyes:

NY Hoop
01/08/2006, 3:09 PM
[QUOTE=BohsFans]our club released no statement on the flag, but they actually did condemning the the graffiti, so get your facts straight Speranza! :mad:

Eh what's this then from your website:

Rovers Fans Appear With Flag Stolen From Dalymount:::03/07/05

"Shamrock Rovers fans have appeared on the internet with a flag stolen from Dalymount. A group of their so-called 'casuals' posted, on the internet, a photograph of themselves with a Bohs flag, stolen from Dalymount, at their game away to Longford Town last night."

As if boez dont have "casuals":rolleyes:

Back on topic if any fan wants to put something saying Rovers fans are sound whats the harm? Considering the crap we've had to put up with this season...........

KOH

WeAreRovers
01/08/2006, 3:25 PM
"Shamrock Rovers fans have appeared on the internet with a flag stolen from Dalymount. A group of their so-called 'casuals' posted, on the internet, a photograph of themselves with a Bohs flag, stolen from Dalymount, at their game away to Longford Town last night."

The syntax, the syntax!! Is there no-one in Dalymount what can write proper? Apart from the sheer ******ology contained in the statement, the writing is enough to give one a headache.

KOH

NY Hoop
01/08/2006, 3:42 PM
The syntax, the syntax!! Is there no-one in Dalymount what can write proper? Apart from the sheer ******ology contained in the statement, the writing is enough to give one a headache.

KOH

LOL! What do you expect?

They are also represented here: www.darwinawards.com

KOH

BohsFans
01/08/2006, 9:35 PM
[QUOTE=BohsFans]our club released no statement on the flag, but they actually did condemning the the graffiti, so get your facts straight Speranza! :mad:

Eh what's this then from your website:

Rovers Fans Appear With Flag Stolen From Dalymount:::03/07/05

As if boez dont have "casuals":rolleyes:

Back on topic if any fan wants to put something saying Rovers fans are sound whats the harm? Considering the crap we've had to put up with this season...........

KOH

1. That aint a statement.

2. It was put up by the webmaster.

3. Are you defending your thieving little casuals? :rolleyes: scum

nshoop
01/08/2006, 9:42 PM
[QUOTE=NY Hoop]

3. Are you defending your thieving little casuals? :rolleyes: scum

He was actually doing the opposite in mentioning it,and scum is a bit rich coming from a man who sits in the same stand as them little cowardly pr*cks who wrecked the monument,hit and run-sounds like bohs alright-SCUM

BohsFans
01/08/2006, 9:54 PM
[QUOTE=BohsFans]

He was actually doing the opposite in mentioning it,and scum is a bit rich coming from a man who sits in the same stand as them little cowardly pr*cks who wrecked the monument,hit and run-sounds like bohs alright-SCUM

Well you shouldn't have robbed their flag!

No one to blame but yourselves! Fully deserved.

What makes you think the people that did it are still "in the same stand "?

and I dont sit btw :rolleyes:

nshoop
01/08/2006, 9:59 PM
[QUOTE=nshoop]

What makes you think the people that did it are still "in the same stand "?

and I dont sit btw :rolleyes:

I never said that THEY should have robbed it,I'm just pointing out your and bohs' hypocricy.Yous calling us scum everyday of the week is stupid and laughable and bohs fans sit exept when they are calling for another managers' head:p

BohsFans
01/08/2006, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=BohsFans]
Yous calling us scum everyday of the week is stupid and laughable

Not really!

I think you've more than earned it over the years.

nshoop
01/08/2006, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=nshoop]

Not really!

I think you've more than earned it over the years.

Right well you're clearly up for a battle of stupid words and slags,probably cause you u can't be chased away,somehow I don't think u or any other bohs scum will be as cocky come the cup game,bfc runaway,koh

Roverstillidie
01/08/2006, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=NY Hoop]

3. Are you defending your thieving little casuals? :rolleyes:
scum

this, then this

:

robbing a flag is wrong, but defacing a monument isnt. :confused: you sum up the hypocricy of bohs towords its casuals!!

if its an official statement on the clubs official site its a statement from the club.

it really drives the filth beserk when an athlone town, or any, fan dares to say something positive about us. its boring, we know you are in our shadow, even with us in a division below, but give it a rest.

BohsFans
01/08/2006, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=BohsFans]

this, then this

robbing a flag is wrong, but defacing a monument isnt. :confused: you sum up the hypocricy of bohs towords its casuals!!

if its an official statement on the clubs official site its a statement from the club.

it really drives the filth beserk when an athlone town, or any, fan dares to say something positive about us. its boring, we know you are in our shadow, even with us in a division below, but give it a rest.

:rolleyes:

If they cause trouble at games they are dealt with by the club. Whatever they do in their own time is up to them.
If you rob their flag well then be prepared to pay the consquences.

You still have the statue, they have no flag.

We've dealt with any "troublemakers", they sit on your board of directors!

mypost
02/08/2006, 3:04 AM
Good idea for a thread, btw. At least our fans get some positive PR for a change. :)

As usual with such threads, bitter Bohs bozos have to chip in, reminding us of all the times in the past, they were wronged. 13 successive "they started it, no you did" type posts. zzzzzzzzzzzz............. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's underlining jealously of seeing our side going places, and them going nowhere, that's behind it all. Haven't you lot got better things to do, like banging on about how much you want Farrelly out?? :confused:

Anto McC
02/08/2006, 6:57 AM
Can one of the mods close this thread!!!

Drumcondra Red
02/08/2006, 8:33 AM
Yous calling us scum everyday of the week is stupid

erm... but you followed that up with:

I don't think u or any other bohs scum will be as cocky come the cup game,bfc runaway,koh

So nshoop it would seem you are after a bit of trouble at that game :confused:

Ash
02/08/2006, 8:51 AM
Totally regret starting this thread now, it was just posted to
show that theres not always trouble at Rovers away games.

I should have copped on that it'd just turn into a Bohs v Rovers
"my Da is bigger than your Da" sh!te.

Can a Mod close and burn this thread please.

Raheny Red
02/08/2006, 8:51 AM
So nshoop it would seem you are after a bit of trouble at that game :confused:

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read that :rolleyes: